bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Jan 2011, 11:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
First STALKER 2 details emerge

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...tails-emerge/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:11   #2
Mongwopman
King Ding-a-ling!

Mongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for presidentMongwopman should be considered for president
Wicked, been a massive fan of the STALKER franchise! Cant wait to see this. hopefully not as buggy as the past versions!
Mongwopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:20   #3
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm hope they're right in saying the PC version won't suffer as a result of the gaming being multi-platform.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:24   #4
Blackmoon181
Geography,Its not just colouring in

Blackmoon181 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
as its multi-platform and most certainly a bigger budget will be required. This means *fingers crossed*

a larger percentage of bugs that plagued the first games will be ironed out due to larger financial backing and

the console companies issues with patching multiple times.
Asus P5Q Deluxe Intel P45 - Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz - Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400C5 - XFX HD5870 - Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB - Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - Antec Quattro 850W PSU - Antec 1200 - Titan Fenrir - Asus Xonar DX - BenQ VW2420H- Samsung SM-2253BW
Blackmoon181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:25   #5
DrTiCool
Multimodder

DrTiCool has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I want co-op in that game
DrTiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:30   #6
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiCool View Post
I want co-op in that game
+1

It definitely needs a co-op mode.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 12:35   #7
JCBeastie
Supermodder

JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.JCBeastie is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What is about that the word 'multiplatform' that makes me wanna sit in a corner and sulk...
JCBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 13:37   #8
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoon181 View Post
as its multi-platform and most certainly a bigger budget will be required. This means *fingers crossed*

a larger percentage of bugs that plagued the first games will be ironed out due to larger financial backing and

the console companies issues with patching multiple times.
Except your wrong because Call of pripyat was one of the most stable and big free games the year it came out, it makes Fallout and others look like crap.

Also, console companies issuing patches ? LMAO, are you serious? Stalker had 9 patches, not all for bugs mind you. Consoles if anything limit most games to 1-2 patches. They are more tightly controlled if anything, sometimes thats good, sometimes bad. Also, multi-plat means squat when it comes to bugs, see fallout, mlb 2k, etc......
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 14:26   #9
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz View Post
Except your wrong because Call of pripyat was one of the most stable and big free games the year it came out, it makes Fallout and others look like crap.

Also, console companies issuing patches ? LMAO, are you serious? Stalker had 9 patches, not all for bugs mind you. Consoles if anything limit most games to 1-2 patches. They are more tightly controlled if anything, sometimes thats good, sometimes bad. Also, multi-plat means squat when it comes to bugs, see fallout, mlb 2k, etc......
IIRC, one of the main reasons why multiplatform console games don't have a lot of patches is because Microsoft charge the dev/pub if they release more than one. Which isn't exactly conducive to fixing games if they're broken. I'm not sure if Sony do the same.

The days of console games being bug-free (or close to it) are long gone - they were becoming buggier in the PS2/XBox/GC days (some nasty savegame bugs in some of the later Tony Hawks games) but as soon as consoles gained the ability - nay, nearly the requirement - for internet connections, the QC dropped like a rock.

Call of Pripyat was stable in the release the UK received because it was version 1.6.0.2 - the original release in Russia was apparently extremely buggy.
Old 12th Jan 2011, 16:31   #10
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
IIRC, one of the main reasons why multiplatform console games don't have a lot of patches is because Microsoft charge the dev/pub if they release more than one. Which isn't exactly conducive to fixing games if they're broken. I'm not sure if Sony do the same.

The days of console games being bug-free (or close to it) are long gone - they were becoming buggier in the PS2/XBox/GC days (some nasty savegame bugs in some of the later Tony Hawks games) but as soon as consoles gained the ability - nay, nearly the requirement - for internet connections, the QC dropped like a rock.

Call of Pripyat was stable in the release the UK received because it was version 1.6.0.2 - the original release in Russia was apparently extremely buggy.
The russian relase was not extremely buggy either, I am a regular on the stalker forums. It had a few , but not many, was more bug free and stable then most major multi-plat titles.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 17:22   #11
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ooh, so long as it`s not tailored to consoles.
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 17:53   #12
Valinor
Multimodder

Valinor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about, design it for PC and then just set all the settings to "Ultra Low" on the console versions?
Valinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 19:36   #13
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valinor View Post
How about, design it for PC and then just set all the settings to "Ultra Low" on the console versions?
Doesn't account for the different UI though. Gamepads are not KB and mouse.

Isn't the PS3 supposed to be a b!tch to program for?

EDIT: Still waiting for a Stalker MMO

Last edited by Cthippo; 12th Jan 2011 at 23:14.
Cthippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 23:01   #14
sausages
Banned

sausages has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
STALKER 2 will be released as a multiplatform game
Another one bites the dust.

To be honest, this is one of the few games that gets multi-platformed that I can imagine still retaining most of what makes it good. Call of Pripyat was too good for me to assume otherwise. I hope so anyway.
sausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 00:56   #15
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well some multi-platform games are indeed decent enough. Let's hope this one is.
Old 13th Jan 2011, 10:58   #16
Kilmoor
lurker

Kilmoor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All hail the dawn of the new era! The C-consciousness beckons... wait, no factions? Okay, can the role-play.

If I could reach the Wish-Granter, I would wish for a stable game. It took most of last year for the GPU market to offer cards that would play CoP at decent settings/frames/resolution, and even longer for CS to be playable. Hopefully, they have learned and have the ability to fix the issues that made my now-favorite series such a headache sometimes. I mean, I really wanted to turn my Vintar into my mouth and pull the trigger. How can such extasy come with such agony?

I'm super excited about this, but I'm also watching with a wary eye given the franchise's track record.
Kilmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 17:28   #17
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmoor View Post
If I could reach the Wish-Granter, I would wish for a stable game. It took most of last year for the GPU market to offer cards that would play CoP at decent settings/frames/resolution, and even longer for CS to be playable.
Has a vision of you being crushed to death by a falling mass of video cards.
Old 14th Jan 2011, 04:10   #18
ForumNameHere
What's a Dremel?

ForumNameHere has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's funny how developers/producers automatically understand that "multiplatform" automatically means it'll be crap for the PC. So much so that the issue is addresses prior to it being officially raised. The dollar signs (or insert appropriate currency here) are just to big for it to matter. Omelets and eggs, ya know?
ForumNameHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2011, 13:18   #19
Hrodwulf666
Arse about tit master!

Hrodwulf666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im glad to hear they are making another Stalker game, I'm very partial to its story and backdrop so I'm excited to see what happens, however I will say that I had to wait years to play the 1st game as It didnt work on any machine I have owned or had access to.
I only finished it towards the end of last year thanks to my huge new system and now Call of Pripyat gives me grief. I had the original disk for the 1st game and made good in the Steam sale by buying the Stalker bundle, Despite my high end specs I cant get this game to look or play to any decent standard so I gave up on it. The only good thing i can see coming from it appearing on multiple platforms is that it might be a bit more stable. However I have no confidence in the length of the new game being as consoles have too many limitations in terms of data restriction.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.80 GHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GTX580, 1GB EVGA GTX460 SC (Physx), 12.00 GB Corsair Vengeance ram, Windows 7 64bit, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair 850W PSU, Antec Three Hundred, Samsung P2450H 24" monitor.
Hrodwulf666 is offline   Reply With Quote