bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Jan 2011, 11:57   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
THQ unveils new logo

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ils-new-logo/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 11:58   #2
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Someone needs to tell them the h is back to front.
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:07   #3
RickTheSnake
What's a Dremel?

RickTheSnake has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
someone needs to tell them that the new logo epitomizes their awful taste in the matters of typography...
RickTheSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:07   #4
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh blimey that's awful. THQ, please hire a designer and start over.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:08   #5
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
also the question mark ?
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:17   #6
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus09 View Post
also the question mark ?
they are doubting their abilities.
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:17   #7
mattbailey
Multimodder

mattbailey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now they just need to put the same amount of effort and resources into product - i've always thought that redesigning new logo's for the sake of it is a distraction and a waste of time - I dont care who made what, or their logo/style - just make it good!
mattbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:40   #8
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
HA!

That is all.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:45   #9
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Eww.

Did they hire the same people who did the London 2012 logo?

(They must have paid more though since the THQ logo is better than the London 2012 one, to be fair... even though both suck)

What is it with big companies trying to be cool and refreshing when 'updating' a logo/design/interface (etc), but instead cocking up and coming off as outdated and out of touch?
Antec 300 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Core i5 750 @ 3.6ghz | Corsair XMS3 4GB 1,600Mhz | XFX HD5850 | 120 GB Corsair Series Force 3 SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 | Titan Fenrir | BenQ G2220HD 21.5" Widescreen | Corsair VX550W
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 12:47   #10
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wow, how long did it take them to think that one up?
I'm almost speechless.
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:18   #11
crayfish
Amazing scenes!

crayfish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
TH-Poo.
crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:27   #12
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
They should have stuck with the old logo. The old one was decent enough and professional. This one looks crap.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:29   #13
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
looks like something you would expect to see on a small rectangular sign in a plain boring smelly industrial site and never know what the hell they make or service they provide. Change my arse.
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:33   #14
Manu_Otaku
ManuOtaku

Manu_Otaku has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is an H or a 4 turn upsidedown?, now iam confuse is THQ or T4Q? i think they change their name also and they didnt realized yet
Manu_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:37   #15
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To be fair everyone would complain regardless.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:47   #16
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Should have also changed the company name to QHT whilst they were at it then it quite sounds like quit
kosch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:59   #17
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
I actually like it, didn't think that much of the old one so for me its an improvment. It may even help me begin to end my petty belief that its only good for making WWE games and games based on cartoons and toys.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 14:39   #18
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the designer or design agency must be laughing! it would have been more work to pitch the logo to THQ than it would have been to design it. I wonder what the pitch was like LOL
Old 13th Jan 2011, 15:08   #19
notmeagain
Supermodder

notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
it looks like a fat guy is ashamed of falling off his picnic table.
notmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2011, 15:21   #20
Singularity
Supermodder

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It... uh... I was thinking of making a silly comparison, but gave up. I'll settle for "it looks like ****"...