bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Jan 2011, 03:36   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bethesda confirms modding for Skyrim

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...g-for-skyrim/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 03:39   #2
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.deathtaker27 is definitely a rep cheat.
sounds great, cant wait for this game

also joe do you ever leave the office?
deathtaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 04:31   #3
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Of course it supports mods - Bethesda have relied on modders to fix the bugs and design flaws of their biggest releases for almost a decade at this stage.

Still, it's certainly better news than it could have been with the decline in developer-supported modding as of late.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 05:47   #4
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
The question now is how soon after release will we have to download the construction kit to start fixing quests and such! I really hope they bug test skyrim better than they did their previous games
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 10:42   #5
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds great!

Releasing a game that doesn't need patching 5 minutes after its launch would also be nice.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 12:22   #6
kylesaisgone
Multimodder

kylesaisgone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bethesda games have always been buggy, but that is *more* than made up by the fact that they make epic games, and stay true to their form, even as they grow in popularity. For us hardcore Bethesda fans and Elder Scrolls fans, this is excellent news. Pretty much every game Bethesda makes has an extensive mod community, and it grows in size every year (Hell, people *still* mod Morrowind to this day). The fact that Skyrim will be on an entirely new engine and will support modding, is extremely exciting. I really wish they announced all this news closer to the release date, because it's going to be a long 10 months for fans like myself.
kylesaisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 12:27   #7
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
1+ to games that release mod kits. I always though it a shame they never released a mod kit for mass effect 1 that would have boosted its popularity even more but I suppose its not in the interest of them flogging DLC for ME to do that.
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 12:36   #8
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesaisgone View Post
Bethesda games have always been buggy, but that is *more* than made up by the fact that they make epic games, and stay true to their form, even as they grow in popularity. For us hardcore Bethesda fans and Elder Scrolls fans, this is excellent news. Pretty much every game Bethesda makes has an extensive mod community, and it grows in size every year (Hell, people *still* mod Morrowind to this day). The fact that Skyrim will be on an entirely new engine and will support modding, is extremely exciting. I really wish they announced all this news closer to the release date, because it's going to be a long 10 months for fans like myself.
ROFL, dillusional bethesda fanboy, hardcore? Stay tru to their form? LOL, Oblivion was the most watered down, dumbded down, shallow, broken RPG I have ever seen.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 13:08   #9
kylesaisgone
Multimodder

kylesaisgone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz View Post
ROFL, dillusional bethesda fanboy, hardcore? Stay tru to their form? LOL, Oblivion was the most watered down, dumbded down, shallow, broken RPG I have ever seen.
Troll more. I wasn't a huge fan of Oblivion, but it wasn't as bad as you make it out to be. I suppose you prefer the Treyarch/IW model of recycling the same engine and putting it into 3-4 different games, charging ridiculous prices (MW2 still costs upwards of $50, and if you include all the MW2 DLC, it quickly approaches $100) and basically adding a few new features to the game? Save yourself some embarrassment and just admit you're trolling.
kylesaisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 13:13   #10
bennyjh
Minimodder

bennyjh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Its got nothing on Morrowind but Oblivion was still a cracking game. Maybe not an rpg in the traditional sense but still awesome.
“Didn’t we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said ‘Goodbye’ and you were like ‘NO WAY!’ and then I was all ‘We pretended we were going to murder you’? That was great." ~ GLaDOS
bennyjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 13:33   #11
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I loved Oblivion, hell I still play it now. The fact that Bethesda are helping modders out again can only be commended.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 13:43   #12
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesaisgone View Post
Troll more. I wasn't a huge fan of Oblivion, but it wasn't as bad as you make it out to be. I suppose you prefer the Treyarch/IW model of recycling the same engine and putting it into 3-4 different games, charging ridiculous prices (MW2 still costs upwards of $50, and if you include all the MW2 DLC, it quickly approaches $100) and basically adding a few new features to the game? Save yourself some embarrassment and just admit you're trolling.

HUH? Nice job of assuming, I have not played or bought a COD game since cod 2..............

And no im not trolling, here we go again, someone doesn't like a game they troll, if they love it they are a fanboy? Bit-tech, where kids post.

No one can look at oblivion and say with a straight face it was a good RPG, or hardcore in anyway. The game, levelling system,. loot scaling, lack of depth, hand holding, linearity of almost all quests, lack of dialog, wooden NPC's. Mods are the only thing that made it playable so that is a plus i guess. For a game so open, it is one of the most linear, straight forward RPG's i have played. Im a massive orc with zero magic skill, but I became arch mage of the mages guild, how logical. You hear the fighters guild is hiring, everyone in Cyrodill has, because its all they say for weeks on end. Its a RPG designed for the afore mentioned COD gamers on Xbox.

The lack of variety in the environment, caves also made it a repetitive bore, and the worst main story in years. Close another Oblivion gate? No thanks. I suck at writing I think i could have written a better main quest line.

its not all bad, Dark Brotherhood was fun, enchanting items made the loot scaling a little less terrible. The game was pretty before you realised everything was the same everywhere,
Old 20th Jan 2011, 14:10   #13
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtaker27 View Post
sounds great, cant wait for this game
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial View Post
Of course it supports mods - Bethesda have relied on modders to fix the bugs and design flaws of their biggest releases for almost a decade at this stage.

Still, it's certainly better news than it could have been with the decline in developer-supported modding as of late.
I Lol'd!
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 14:12   #14
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

Mods are essential, all the ENHANCEMENTS in skyrim beth took directly from the mod community, and what they did in oblivion, bethesda relies on the community for innovation LOL.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 16:31   #15
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastorofpuppetz
Mods are essential, all the ENHANCEMENTS in skyrim beth took directly from the mod community, and what they did in oblivion, bethesda relies on the community for innovation LOL.

How the hell do you know what the enhancements in skyrim are? The game is 10 months away from release!!
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 16:34   #16
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

umm, they have announced them , learn to research. its one the Game informer article and bethesda forums.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 16:37   #17
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

Finishing moves? Dual weilding? Combat changes? Levelling changes? All already done via mods (Deadly reflex anyone)? These have been announced by bethesda, and in detail. All done by mods already for oblivion.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 16:52   #18
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Must say I didn't feel Oblivion much myself, even with mods. I know I'm in a minority there though. Hopefully this will be more varied story and quest-wise. Also without mods it would be a disaster! Of course they are going to allow them.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 17:25   #19
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

Your not alone fizzban, most long time gamers, and Es fans liked morrowind better and were dissappointed in OB. Oblivion was just to shallow.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 17:32   #20
nukeman8
Hypermodder

nukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnukeman8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban View Post
Must say I didn't feel Oblivion much myself, even with mods. I know I'm in a minority there though. Hopefully this will be more varied story and quest-wise. Also without mods it would be a disaster! Of course they are going to allow them.
I loved Oblivion, wanted to play it for months n months.
And then i experienced Oblivion's leveling system and i haven't been able to play much, i just hate that system.

What's so bad about a generic xp leveling system anyway? Innovation is good and all but not when it ruins the entire game.
Ah well just another thing the modding community sorted out hehe

@mastorofpuppetz - you would rather they didn't include stuff from the community?
Or just wanted to laugh at a game company for recognising that their community is awesome and churns out some pretty good stuff that if included in future games would make everything better all round...
nukeman8 is offline   Reply With Quote