bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Jan 2011, 07:43   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Thermaltake FrioOCK Preview

We get some hands-on time with Thermaltake's latest high-performance CPU cooler, the FrioOCK.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...oock-preview/1
Old 28th Jan 2011, 08:28   #2
Fordy
Multimodder

Fordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Woah. So nearly ordered a Frio a couple nights ago.

Need to see temp comparison before deciding - but hopefully it'll push the old Frio's price down too!
Old 28th Jan 2011, 08:35   #3
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Does anyone else see the irony in a CPU cooler that looks like it's called fry?

As in "Fry yo CPU"?
Old 28th Jan 2011, 08:48   #4
Sketchee
Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Sketchee - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The styling looks a bit better than the frio... but still doesn't look good :|

blue, red and grey?? gonna look a bit cheap and tacky on a lot of boards
Old 28th Jan 2011, 09:24   #5
thetrashcanman
Angel headed hipsters

thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
looks like its come straight out of a tron film :|
Old 28th Jan 2011, 09:27   #6
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrashcanman
looks like its come straight out of a tron film :|
I would have to say that anything that came from the TRON design team would look a hell of a lot better than this. What is with all the dodgy plastic? It's a no go for me.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 09:29   #7
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo

As in "Fry yo CPU"?
I pronounce it "Free-Oh" rather than "Fry-Oh".
Old 28th Jan 2011, 10:39   #8
red4our
¿Qué es un Dremel?

red4our has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm with Schizofrog on this. Too much plastic, really tacky look. Give me shiny fins any day!!
MAIN RIG:- AMD PHENOM II X6 1055T @ 4GHz | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 | MSI GTX 560 Ti TWIN FROZR II OC | 8GB MUSHKIN SILVERLINE DDR3 | OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD 60GB | WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB SATA3 | SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F31TB | CM HYPER 212 PLUS | CMII 690 WITH CUSTOM WINDOW & INTERIOR MIRROR MOD | UBUNTU 10.10 ULTRA 64BIT / WINDOWS 7 HP 64BIT
red4our is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 11:13   #9
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
It looks funny.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 11:13   #10
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4our View Post
I'm with Schizofrog on this. Too much plastic, really tacky look. Give me shiny fins any day!!
Me too.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:18   #11
t5kcannon
Modder

t5kcannon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks nice

Question for me is will it offer clearance of all ram slots on a asus p8p67 pro? Currently the frio covers the nearest ram slot (using corsair vengeance). With two sticks of ram this is no problem, since on the asus board (according to the manual) you need to populate the 2nd and 4th closest slots first. However, it would be nice to have the option of using all slots.
t5kcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:45   #12
ledbythereaper
Multimodder

ledbythereaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5kcannon
Looks nice

Question for me is will it offer clearance of all ram slots on a asus p8p67 pro? Currently the frio covers the nearest ram slot (using corsair vengeance). With two sticks of ram this is no problem, since on the asus board (according to the manual) you need to populate the 2nd and 4th closest slots first. However, it would be nice to have the option of using all slots.
Same on my Gigabyte P55A-UD3, Frio covers the first RAM slot and is possibly pushing a DIMM in the second slot back.
ledbythereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:48   #13
mpr
Multimodder

mpr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5kcannon
Looks nice

I run mine with only a single fan. Even though my RAM is low profile... I find it's cooling capacity isn't overly affected by more than 2ish C under load. I am however currently running a stock 950 so it may be a bigger issue with a bit of tuning to handle.
mpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 12:59   #14
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm hoping they made the fan speed cables a bit longer with this generation as thats the only thing I find annoying about the Frio installed on my Sabertooth. Looking forward to seeing whats what though
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 13:21   #15
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo View Post

As in "Fry yo CPU"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx View Post
I pronounce it "Free-Oh" rather than "Fry-Oh".
Me too, and I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to sound given that "Frio" is Spanish for "Cold".
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 14:01   #16
Kasius
Bringing the dremolition

Kasius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Aesthetically is looks much better than the Frio which i'm on the cusp of ordering, i really want this to be good so i can get one of these instead . Need temp figures and to know whether the fans are interchangeable
Old 28th Jan 2011, 15:29   #17
Jqim
Modder

Jqim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The design of this is what is giving pc nerds a bad name. Its fugly and plastic like somthing a chav would put in his car.
Jqim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 15:33   #18
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqim View Post
The design of this is what is giving pc nerds a bad name. Its fugly and plastic like somthing a chav would put in his car.
Said one stereotype to another
Old 28th Jan 2011, 16:11   #19
Jqim
Modder

Jqim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqim View Post
Said one stereotype to another
.......*deep thought*............. yeah but obsessing over the asthetics and fine tuning a car is so completly different to obsse.ss.s..ing.....
but ... *sigh*
Jqim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2011, 16:34   #20
Kasius
Bringing the dremolition

Kasius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just seen the FrioOCK video from Thermaltake on youtube, i lol'd so much..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-so_n_3pM