bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Custom PC and bit-tech Folding Team

Old 7th May 2011, 17:49   #341
jondi_hanluc
Retired Folder

jondi_hanluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
This is certainly looking like the case and could cause issues as joining 2 teams together was never part of the rules because the team averages & chimp point system were based on an individual's team production, think the captains might need to have a chat about this...
I went to the NCIX forums and the announcement is there that they are supporting HCF.
http://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=...&subpage=1#top

Also there has been some finger pointing at us over in the overclockers.com forums, far from us being honourable by not pausing WUs when that 1.7 mill came in before the start, some there think we did pause WU but got the start time wrong http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...8&postcount=38
Old 7th May 2011, 18:24   #342
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondi_hanluc View Post
Also there has been some finger pointing at us over in the overclockers.com forums, far from us being honourable by not pausing WUs when that 1.7 mill came in before the start, some there think we did pause WU but got the start time wrong http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...8&postcount=38
Typical conspiracy theorists - bend any facts to fit their theory, however unlikely

I see we had a sudden spike of 1.3 million at 3pm on Friday [EOC time]. I'd like to bet on a coincidence of bigadv coming through, and we will see other spikes during the next few days. Maybe other smaller teams are getting spikes - I just can't be bothered to look.
Old 7th May 2011, 19:26   #343
phoenicis
Retired Chimp

phoenicis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
A subsequent quote from their super moderator - 'I've made it clear to the other captains that we're unhappy with the mis-timed prime/dump by the Custom Bit Chumps. I'll see what gets said in reply and report back in due course.'

Priceless. I can just imagine the complaint now. 'Despite spending much effort in their CC thread confirming the start time, CustomBitChimps somehow managed to conspire together behind the scenes to get the time wrong and dump all their bigadv wus at a pre-determined point before the contest started. We wish to complain that their points should be awarded after the start and that they're score should be increased accordingly.'

Oh well, there have been claims of foul play every year and I guess this year won't be any different. On the bright side, this is the first year we've looked like enough of a threat for the conspiracy theorists to target us
Old 7th May 2011, 19:37   #344
meandmymouth
Mod Master

meandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can't believe thy are actually accusing us of cheating! lol
Old 7th May 2011, 19:42   #345
Chicken76
Hypermodder

Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
I went to the NCIX forums and the announcement is there that they are supporting HCF.
http://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=...&subpage=1#top
Were both teams' productions taken into account when the chimp points were calculated?
Old 7th May 2011, 19:58   #346
Lankuzo
CPC Refugee

Lankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for presidentLankuzo should be considered for president
I have switched my gtx285 and i7 over for the night so should get about 4k if it doesn't crash again.

HTPC:Gigabyte H61m-D2H : G620 : 4GB Mushkin : 30GB SSD : 2TB F4 : Samsung 40"
Lankuzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 20:03   #347
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Did we really mess up the start time? Was it not at 8pm BST on the 5th of May??
Old 7th May 2011, 20:06   #348
phoenicis
Retired Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJonz View Post
Did we really mess up the start time? Was it not at 8pm BST on the 5th of May??
No we didn't and yes it was 8pm BST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankuzo View Post
I have switched my gtx285 and i7 over for the night so should get about 4k if it doesn't crash again.
Great stuff. Thanks Lankuzo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken76 View Post
Were both teams' productions taken into account when the chimp points were calculated?
No, I don't think so but it will be good to see a small team win for a change. I wouldn't like to see a repeat though.

Back to the challenge, it looks like Lizard's non-existent eagle has landed again.

We've moved up to 4th although I wouldn't count on us staying ahead of EVGA with Clamatowas saying (on smack talk) that he and Barnettworks have just turned on several mil ppd of blades after getting special permission from work. Not good for us after zz9pzza agreeing to sit out the challenge but really good for the science.
Old 7th May 2011, 20:12   #349
One_Box
Folder of the month April 2012

One_Box has yet to learn the way of the DremelOne_Box has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Makes a nonsense of the CC if teams are allowed to combine.

Hardly worth the effort and expense for the rest of us
Old 7th May 2011, 20:17   #350
Taffy
Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Taffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As an Inveterate World Traveller for over 50 years,and realising the confusion last year re start time I clarified the time on the original thread on the 30th of April. so how they can accuse us of "messing up the Time" I know not. Seems a lot of sour grapes to me
Old 7th May 2011, 20:19   #351
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicis View Post
We've moved up to 4th although I wouldn't count on us staying ahead of EVGA with Clamatowas saying (on smack talk) that he and Barnettworks have just turned on several mil ppd of blades after getting special permission from work. Not good for us after zz9pzza agreeing to sit out the challenge but really good for the science.
That's not very sporting.

I've added my 460 to the group, so that should be 12k ppd.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback

Last edited by Tangster; 7th May 2011 at 20:25.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 20:28   #352
phoenicis
Retired Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Box View Post
Makes a nonsense of the CC if teams are allowed to combine.

Hardly worth the effort and expense for the rest of us

It's really a grey area. Ringers from other non participating teams have always been allowed. We pretty much knew this would happen as the same thing happened last year. We also know that OCN ramps up for the CC better than any other team so places 1 and 2 were fairly predictable. It's often fighting for the other positions that makes for the fun.

It's still a freindly competition and thanks to the highest participation I've ever seen from teamates that visit the forum, I think we're doing quite well
Old 7th May 2011, 20:30   #353
BJS
Minimodder

BJS has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicis View Post
No we didn't and yes it was 8pm BST.

Great stuff. Thanks Lankuzo.

No, I don't think so but it will be good to see a small team win for a change. I wouldn't like to see a repeat though.

Back to the challenge, it looks like Lizard's non-existent eagle has landed again.

Perhaps Coola should have a word with James if that's the way EVGA are going to play it.
Old 7th May 2011, 20:40   #354
meandmymouth
Mod Master

meandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyanmeandmymouth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS View Post
Perhaps Coola should have a word with James if that's the way EVGA are going to play it.
Agreed
Old 7th May 2011, 20:44   #355
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Only got my 480 folding atm, as I'm having heat issues with my i7.
James should defo participate if others are using work blades to their advantage
Old 7th May 2011, 21:51   #356
davebodger
My Dremel's bigger than your Dremel

davebodger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS View Post
I'll third that.

Fair enough if you can rope in some extra people to contribute to your team, but merging in a whole team that was due to compete on their own seems a bit off when their base points have not been factored in to the team they are joining (if I've read this thread right).

So I've now brought one of my old machines out of retirement for the next 10 days only to crunch some SMP.
So there!
davebodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 21:59   #357
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry guys been out with the Mrs all afternoon, will catch up with everything that is being said and raise all concerns on the captains forum and discuss it properly, if anyone has links to forums or screen shots from the smack talk about this please PM me them...
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 00:22   #358
narwen
narwen

narwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
have a look here ncixus are helping Beavers_Gone_Bananas

http://forum.ncixus.com/forums/?mode...t=20&subpage=1
Old 8th May 2011, 00:31   #359
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Now we're back in fourth place. It's a big jump to third, but several teams are just behind us, so keep folding, and we can hold our position.

One of my GTS450 cards has failed , but it's still under guarantee. I wonder how long it'll be before I get the replacement.
Old 8th May 2011, 00:40   #360
narwen
narwen

narwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitnarwen is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
it looks like 40 of the top 100 producers have not joined in the challege