bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Feb 2011, 11:18   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dimastech Bench/Test Table Easy v2.5 Review

Change your hardware more often than your pants? Then Dimastech's test bench could be for you.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-v2-5-review/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 11:41   #2
crudbreeder
Minimodder

crudbreeder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The second last picture pops up the small image instead of the big one...
crudbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 11:41   #3
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Surely the best measure for this sort of review is, will BT be using this in the future?
Intel Core i5 2500k - Maximus V Gene - 4x4 GB Corsair XMS3 1.65v 1600mHz - Asus GTX 570 - 256GB Samsung 830 - Samsung F3 1TB - Samsung F4 2TB - Corsair HX650 - Silverstone TJ08-E - LG IPS231P-BN x 2 - Corsair K70 - CM Storm Inferno
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 11:50   #4
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudbreeder
The second last picture pops up the small image instead of the big one...
Just checking that people actually use the click-for-big images... Link fixed.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 11:57   #5
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
With test benches the devil is in the detail. It's piss easy to just put something together yourself and save cash, but Dimastech has been making these for ages and they've thought of a lot of stuff that the DIY-version is going to lack..

That said, this Easy is just way too large if you aren't going to install a water cooling loop to the bottom part. For air cooled systems it could easily be one third the size and weight.
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 12:20   #6
M_D_K
I Mod, Therefore I Own

M_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youM_D_K - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looks pretty good for a test bench not sure about how sturdy everything would be over time with just thumb screws holding it down,

also 3rd image 2nd page 404 error.
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 12:50   #7
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Page 2, 4th paragraph:

"...including a positional FlexFan mount, can be purchased separation, as can extras such as a neoprene under-..."

I have been toying with getting one of these, having to put kit inside my old NSK4000 then pull it out again multiple times is getting to be a pain in the a***e. I am think of attacking it with the dremel and taking the top and sides off it.

100 is still a lot though, apart from making one yourself, what cheaper options are there that are any good? What about ones for those that wouldn't use the watercooling functionality?

There is competition here, the Lian Li PC-T60B (65) and the Cooler Master Test Bench (55) are both cheaper.
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 13:09   #8
PHILIP1193
a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

PHILIP1193 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Broken images on last page...

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...imastech-1.jpg

Phil
PHILIP1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 14:18   #9
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is one well made test bench, very slick.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 14:24   #10
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if they supplied a plastic shell that could be placed over it (aka record player) it would be lovely.
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 14:44   #11
megadriveguy
Hypermodder

megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.megadriveguy is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Colour(s) Grey, also available in 46 other colours

46 other colours wow I bet they even do them in pink
megadriveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 14:54   #12
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadriveguy View Post

Looks like you will be disappointed mate, no pink...

Although another image on their site shows a distinctly *pinkish* purple colour...

NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 21:08   #13
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I own this and I have to say I LOVE IT, I made a few simple tweaks to it but ya overall best test bench for the price I have seen, WAY better then those highspeed whatever crap looking test benches.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2011, 07:16   #14
Wwhat
Minimodder

Wwhat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"CPU cooler clearance Infinite"
Only if you are outside, and the universe is open and you find a spot with no stars/galaxies above it
Wwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2011, 18:56   #15
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers66
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadriveguy View Post

Looks like you will be disappointed mate, no pink...

Although another image on their site shows a distinctly *pinkish* purple colour...

you can request custom colors for an additional fee.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 21:03   #16
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

true_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Is this ok for tri SLI on a Gigabyte X58 UD7? I'm looking for a test bench, and this seems to fit what I want.

Cheers,

Simon.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Rampage IV Formula - 16GB Corsair 2400MHz 10 12 12 31 - 3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB Tri SLI with AquagraFX waterblocks Cores: 1306MHz Memory's: 7114MHz - 128GB OCZ Vector SSD - 2TB WD Black Caviar - CM Cosmos RC1000 - Silverstone Strider 1KW - Samsung DVD/RW - Custom Waterloop - 3x Dell U2311H Monitors
ORIGIN username: wipeyourarse - Steam ID: true_gamer - UPLAY ID: true_gamer

My Crysis 3 Ultra Config My Crysis 1 ultra Config
true_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:44   #17
Seraph84
What's a Dremel?

Seraph84 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Italian do ite better
Seraph84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:16   #18
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

true_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_gamer View Post
Is this ok for tri SLI on a Gigabyte X58 UD7? I'm looking for a test bench, and this seems to fit what I want.

Cheers,

Simon.
Can someone who has own/used this test bench please verify my above question.

Cheers,

Simon
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Rampage IV Formula - 16GB Corsair 2400MHz 10 12 12 31 - 3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB Tri SLI with AquagraFX waterblocks Cores: 1306MHz Memory's: 7114MHz - 128GB OCZ Vector SSD - 2TB WD Black Caviar - CM Cosmos RC1000 - Silverstone Strider 1KW - Samsung DVD/RW - Custom Waterloop - 3x Dell U2311H Monitors
ORIGIN username: wipeyourarse - Steam ID: true_gamer - UPLAY ID: true_gamer

My Crysis 3 Ultra Config My Crysis 1 ultra Config
true_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote