bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Feb 2011, 13:04   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bit-Gamer Competition #6

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...competition-6/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 13:05   #2
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some people have commented on Isaac from Dead Space going from a faceless mute in the first game to a quite vocal character [with 100% more face] in the second. What are your thoughts on main characters speaking [or not]? Do you prefer characters like Gordon Freeman where they are facing down the end of the world in silence or more vocal characters like, say, Shepard from Mass Effect, or does it depend on the game?

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 13:10   #3
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Since Portal 2's still a bit quiet, I'd like to hear you pan Breach some more!
Old 7th Feb 2011, 13:14   #4
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
Skyrim !

Last edited by Canon; 7th Feb 2011 at 13:58.
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 14:34   #5
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
And doe those of you wanting a pc version of this game, you get to suck eggs Oh well.
Old 7th Feb 2011, 14:39   #6
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Star Wars: The Old Republic, you haven't done much on that game thus far. PC MMO and Star Wars geekism, definitely needs some time devoted to it methinks.

GravitySmacked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 18:07   #7
el_diablo_72
What's a Dremel?

el_diablo_72 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Best internal voice was Garrett in the Thief series - done it that fashion it is great. I think it depends upon the game to be honest
el_diablo_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 18:44   #8
Redsnake77
Useless Idiot

Redsnake77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why does BT do so many reviews of multi format releases (that do include the PC) on a console? Are you moving away from supporting the PC as a gaming platform? Even the recent GPU reviews have had less in the way of depth, with a reduction in games comparisons, and even dropping the folding results. Why is this?

Last edited by Redsnake77; 7th Feb 2011 at 19:22.
Redsnake77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2011, 19:53   #9
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Talk about the lack of PC *AAA* exclusives. We've had some rehashes and sequels, but mostly games that are simply ports or are available on other platforms, do we have many to look forward to at all?
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 10:49   #10
Kris
Lord Lolwut

Kris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mm I would suggest a two-part topic: your comparison/analysis of the differences between the PS3 and PC versions of DC universe online.
The analysis part could look into the control schemes, how they differ, and which one is better for the type of game.

Second part could compare the style of controls, where developers could go from there to make MMO gaming more viable on a console etc - all this in the context of looking at MMO control "standards" as a whole

Hope this is not too 'vague' of an idea, and you understand what I mean in this messy post
Old 9th Feb 2011, 11:02   #11
Tibby
Technologic

Tibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run Crysis
Little Big Planet 2
Old 9th Feb 2011, 11:06   #12
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glix View Post
Talk about the lack of PC *AAA* exclusives. We've had some rehashes and sequels, but mostly games that are simply ports or are available on other platforms, do we have many to look forward to at all?
Battlefield 3

any joystick recommendations for casual (not flight simulators) gaming? how are Saitek's joystick configuration software?
Old 9th Feb 2011, 11:16   #13
Dr. Awesome
I go to 11

Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Dr. Awesome - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
What about gaming setups, like the chairs/sofas/beanbags people use when gaming. Light level, sound level and all that jazz.

EDIT: How could I forget, what about the impending face-melter that should be Duke Nukem?

Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 12th Feb 2011 at 00:12. Reason: Steel testocules.
Dr. Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2011, 12:59   #14
Redsnake77
Useless Idiot

Redsnake77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
Battlefield 3

any joystick recommendations for casual (not flight simulators) gaming? how are Saitek's joystick configuration software?
I have the ST290 Pro which is excellent, with WASD mapped to X,Y axis'. But they don't make it anymore. After 5 years I'm looking at getting the Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y. 5. The software is excellent, and combined with the Logitech software for my mouse I rarely have to touch the keyboard for most games once the keys are all mapped.
Redsnake77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2011, 10:41   #15
Jaffo
Modder

Jaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know you journos get loads of stuff gratis but what was the last game or gaming peripheral you stumped up your own cold hard cash for? (Full price, not in a sale)
Jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 17:58   #16
cjb119
What's a Dremel?

cjb119 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A discussion of Next Gen Consoles would be interesting: What do you think the next gen consoles will be based on? Last time the 360 and PS3 both took for their GPU, a fairly standard PC chip. Do you think they will do the same next time? Do you think that the massive gulf in capabilities will be an issue? By that I mean that consoles can't really do 720p on most titles, whereas on a PC 1080p is 'low res'. So were not likely to see a 6900 or 580 series are we? Also looking forward there's been an obvious drop in cutting edge pc games as cross-compatability has been deemed more important, do you think PC gaming hardware will plataeu without the games driving it?
cjb119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2011, 16:43   #17
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Tibby and Sally Brook have just been announced as the winners of this competition - we'll have another one lined up in a short while too, so stay tuned!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2011, 16:47   #18
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Going competition crazy now aren't you?

Why don't you put a couple of bit-tech t-shirts up for prizes?