bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 8th Feb 2011, 03:44   #1
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

UPDATE 2:
LOOK FOR MY POST ON PAGE 2

supposed leaked screen's from a what is said to be a pre-issue of March's GameInformer mag [US?]

So legit? if so.... dam.... we all need upgrades And if there not pre-renders its most likely going to be sh!tboxkillinggames60 screenie's

Also if you look, the front cover says new engine? maybe Frostbite 3.0?

UPDATE1:
suposed scans, articals reads as follows:

Quote:
New BF3 info (scans are in)

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
-Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
-Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
-Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
-Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
-Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
-AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
-No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
-Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
-Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
-Plan on better, more immediate post release content
-More unlocks than BFBC2
-Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
-4 classes
-Will talk about squads "later"

Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
-Will have co-op
-There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
-BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
-They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
-Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
-"****" will be used often, so M rates for sure
-There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
-Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
-More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
-PC version is lead version
-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
-No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
-Commander mode is in
Thats everything..... let the speculation begin!

UPDATE1.5:
More photos have popped up today!

Last edited by Otis1337; 20th May 2011 at 00:02.
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 03:50   #2
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I'll be back in 8 hours. You better have uploaded them by then :P
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 04:00   #3
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.

My life now has meaning!
Rep me for posting this bounty you ungrateful buggers!

Quote:
-PC version is lead version
....... SOLD

Also stuff thats already been officially said by dice is that you can attach your weapons to walls and the floor... so like using a Bi-pod for what it made to do, and not just for show, making sniper rifles and MGs alot more realistic.

And something i just seen, look at what is says on the bottom right of the second photo happy days!

Last edited by Otis1337; 8th Feb 2011 at 04:29.
Old 8th Feb 2011, 04:24   #4
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
YESSSS. CITY MAPS.
YESSSS. PC LEAD.
YESSSS. DESTRUCTION
YESSSSSSSSS.

Kill-cam? Boo

I now have a deadline to build a new PC too. THANK YOU EA/DICE.

THANK YOU.

Stick that in your silly little console ports and smoke it.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 04:31   #5
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

just added one more photo i missed, an FPS view

i was going to spend my 21st bday money on tattoo's.... now im rethinking....

off to bed now, spent to long tonight looking for BF3 leaks lol. i was to see lots of rep when i get up!

Last edited by Otis1337; 8th Feb 2011 at 04:39.
Old 8th Feb 2011, 04:42   #6
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I see proper squad orders, a small heli-gunship, good looking ACOG and awesome scenery.

THANK YOU JEBUS.
Old 8th Feb 2011, 04:49   #7
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Perhaps they'll fix that retard hit system that is the essence of bf2, or at least a 'hardcore' mode that makes weapons lethal. [butthurt]AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REMOVE THE 15 SECOND RESPAWN TIME.[/butthurt]

I essentially just want a Modern Warfare game with vehicles....

I refuse to get hyped about this game until a demo comes out, then we shall see...
Old 8th Feb 2011, 05:05   #8
Mankz
________

NO. The 15 second respawn time is a godsend. IT MAKES YOU PLAY SQUAD TACTICAL. Otherwise its just call of fag-fare again.
Old 8th Feb 2011, 05:24   #9
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
NO. The 15 second respawn time is a godsend. IT MAKES YOU PLAY SQUAD TACTICAL. Otherwise its just call of fag-fare again.
I loved the squad setup, dont get my wrong. A team can play tactical. But I was an average player with a 1:1 K/D ratio. It got very frustrating sitting around waiting to respawn. BF2 was the longest game I've ever played. Here are my stats! Also one of my clan mates was one of the top 10 tankers in the game... he was so hard to kill... lol I was a decent tanker myself, and helo was fun too.

I lost interest in BF2 when Modern warfare came out. If only those two worlds would have collided, Battlefield: Warfare would have been a great game...
Old 8th Feb 2011, 05:27   #10
Garuda
Minimodder

Garuda has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, this looks great. I'm still a little new to PC gaming, so can anybody tell me what "lead version" is? Thanks.
Garuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 05:50   #11
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

Me thinks 'lead version' is saying its fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. Where as the console version is 'unleaded', meaning stripped down and optimized for the lower end specs on those units.
Old 8th Feb 2011, 06:19   #12
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
What are these bubbles?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 06:29   #13
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

Nests? Perhaps EA/DICE liked the Crysis idea and wanted there very own bad story game too... Now all they need to do is burst forth and be impossible to shoot at with any weapon...
Old 8th Feb 2011, 06:57   #14
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
http://www.resistanceunion.com/weapo...03-sapper.html
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 07:02   #15
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawaol View Post
I lost interest in BF2 when Modern warfare came out. If only those two worlds would have collided, Battlefield: Warfare would have been a great game...
Say what? Modern warfare launched back in 2007 and BF2 only last year

Looking forward to BF3.. Then again, it must be seriously better than BF2 for me to switch over..
Old 8th Feb 2011, 07:16   #16
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

I think your thinking Bad Company 2. I mean Battlefield 2

Old 8th Feb 2011, 07:49   #17
Gener8
nab

Gener8 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
Also if you look, the front cover says new engine? maybe Frostbite 3.0?
Frostbite 2.0

The next generation of Frostbite will debut with Battlefield 3. It will take full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors,with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP)

At SIGGRAPH 2010, DICE gave several presentations on advances in their rendering technology:
  1. "Tile-based deferred shading acceleration" via DirectCompute. This is being ported to the PlayStation 3's SPUs.
  2. Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA), again implemented with DirectCompute, for bandwidth conservation. MLAA is currently available only to a few PlayStation 3 games such as God of War III and LittleBigPlanet 2. DICE intends to bring this feature to DirectX 11 GPUs.
  3. Quasi-realtime radiosity.
  4. Improved environment destruction

They only used 1.5 for BC2, 3 will be a while yet I think.
Gener8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 07:51   #18
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
*drool*
Old 8th Feb 2011, 08:01   #19
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All these "amazing" graphical advances makes me feel like they're concentrating too much on making it look good and not where the old BF2 fell down (all the bugs) plus I don't actually need all these graphical enhancements in my multiplayer FPS, I just want a good solid 60FPS so my mouse speed stays constant.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2011, 08:01   #20
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
There better be a Rush game mode, conquest is fun but not all the time. AND PLEASE DESIGN MAPS FOR THERE INTENDED GAME PLAY, NO RUSH MAPS USED FOR CONQUEST AND VISE VERSA

BTW prone, jets, dogtags system like BC2, and a new bullet drop system have also been rumored. The bullet drop is "more involved" and "different from BC2"
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield 3, bf3