bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 10th Apr 2012, 19:52   #8541
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitsuSparty View Post
edited to actually reflect reality
Cheeky fecker.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 20:00   #8542
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchhabs View Post
Elton's actually right, there's a 5 second delay or so between respawning and being able to plant a new MAV/TUGS/Spawn Beacon; if you try before this delay, there's nothing in your hands when you go to plant.
THIS for actually explaining it properly.
Old 10th Apr 2012, 20:10   #8543
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton View Post
Anyone know if claymores are persistent after death?
"-Claymores now live up to 5 seconds after a player dies, the player can have a max 2 claymores planted at the same time"
Old 10th Apr 2012, 20:24   #8544
Telltale Boy
Designated CPC Jetwhore

Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.
Randomers are making me weep.

Just had a game of Rush on Grand Bazaar, key thing I thought even the dumbest player should notice is that the tank is ABSOLUTELY VITAL when attacking. So I jump in the tank and lead EVERY push: literally having to make a path to, defend and cover every mcom. Yet every time I was disabled not once was I repaired, despite many pleas and reminders in the chat. It just seemed like no one in the team was engineer.

THEN when we're defending. Firstly I spawned 20 seconds into the game and they've already planted at both mcoms. Even more frustrating was when my squadmate managed to steal the enemy tank (which I praised him for in the chat). Then rather than defending the mcoms he decided to drive up into the alleyway: getting some cheap kills but ultimately allowing them to flank round and take both mcoms in the meantime. If he'd just held back a bit and defended we'd have won easily.

Sorry for the whining guys but I had to get that off my chest.
Old 10th Apr 2012, 21:53   #8545
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telltale Boy View Post
Randomers are making me weep.

Just had a game of Rush on Grand Bazaar, key thing I thought even the dumbest player should notice is that the tank is ABSOLUTELY VITAL when attacking. So I jump in the tank and lead EVERY push: literally having to make a path to, defend and cover every mcom. Yet every time I was disabled not once was I repaired, despite many pleas and reminders in the chat. It just seemed like no one in the team was engineer.

THEN when we're defending. Firstly I spawned 20 seconds into the game and they've already planted at both mcoms. Even more frustrating was when my squadmate managed to steal the enemy tank (which I praised him for in the chat). Then rather than defending the mcoms he decided to drive up into the alleyway: getting some cheap kills but ultimately allowing them to flank round and take both mcoms in the meantime. If he'd just held back a bit and defended we'd have won easily.

Sorry for the whining guys but I had to get that off my chest.

Hehe, but seriously. Randomer VOIP is necessary for good games, if only every server could enable it somehow without resorting to third party apps.
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
nchhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 21:54   #8546
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Ha, funny that, every second word uttered from me during most games is the f word, so yeah.
Old 10th Apr 2012, 21:58   #8547
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is there a way to download the recent patch from somewhere other than Origin?

my download is going at 600KBps
keir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 21:59   #8548
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

No..wasn;t the most recent patch only something like 40mb?
Old 10th Apr 2012, 22:00   #8549
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
No..wasn;t the most recent patch only something like 40mb?
I imagine he's referencing the recent 1+GB BF3 patch, rather than the Origin update (39MB).

Unfortunately seems Origin is the only patch method atm afaik. Generally it's faster than Steam though across most games!
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
nchhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 22:03   #8550
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
1.5gig it is. I'm on 30Mb I'd of played a round by now normally.

edit -

restarted Origin and it's flying at 5.4Mbps somehow.
keir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 00:02   #8551
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.
I do have to question the role of armour on air maps now, as alot of maps Caspian/Firestorm/Kharg have so little cover its just insta rape by any half decent air and thats generally before you get shot at by the countless rpg's/jav's

Was playing on Kharg earlier as RU had to keep my tank next to the containers at E to keep dodging the tv missiles from the attack chopper or its a insta kill.

Pre patch you stood a chance of getting across open ground but now its just a free for all by air, more interested in the free tank kills then the other air.

What are peoples thought's?
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 08:57   #8552
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
I've barely been playing lately, haven't been seeing many people on.. Who is up for some games in the next few days/this weekend?

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 09:38   #8553
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
I've barely been playing lately, haven't been seeing many people on.. Who is up for some games in the next few days/this weekend?
now my comms are sorted im game.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 09:49   #8554
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.DLDeadbolt is definitely a rep cheat.
I haven't played more than a few minutes in .... weeks (probs getting onto 2months now).

The game pre patch was just fine, maybe a few tweaks (especially fall damage) would have been good, but looking at the game name its like Dice/EA have completely ****ing broken it and are turning it into a CoD clone.

Don't think I'll be back for a long time, if ever...
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 09:56   #8555
Dwarfer
Banned

Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The patch is great and works well.

Last edited by Dwarfer; 11th Apr 2012 at 10:31.
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 10:13   #8556
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
oh god. look what you've done Deadbolt.

i had a go last night (primary to test out my new mouse matt, which is smaller than my dirty old one). camping for heli is the new way to play BF3 teamwork be damned.

when on foot, i do try my best to get back to spawn screen, but it's actually not easy when everyone keeps missing their shorts on SuppressionField 3.
Old 11th Apr 2012, 10:43   #8557
Achilleas.k
Supermodder

Achilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchilleas.k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I haven't been playing much lately but since the CPC server is always empty and not many of you seem to be playing, I started playing Rush exclusively and it's awesome. It seems there's a much better chance of finding pub players actually cooperating in rush. It's more annoying than CQ when they don't, but really satisfying when they do.
Achilleas.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 10:48   #8558
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If anyone wants to catch up with quite a few of the BT group, a lot of them play regularly on the ZiiP server now and sit on our Teamspeak when they're not on the BT server/mumble. It's always nice to chat on there, so you're all welcome if you're at a loose end.

Plus we team up on other servers a lot too
Old 11th Apr 2012, 11:03   #8559
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.Elton is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm willing this week, as I have spring break. Although I'm at the wrong end of the world it seems.
Old 11th Apr 2012, 11:27   #8560
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I will be on the next few nights and probably the weekend too.

Now I've got used to the patch I'm actually enjoying the game just as much as I was before (except for the lack of people to play with ). I still think the suppression is OTT, but there are ways around it and I'm still able to do pretty well with it being there. They should be fixing it in an upcoming patch as well, so it's not a massive gamebreaker like many are making it out to be. I'm actually finding the repair tool nerf to be much more frustrating, it makes it nearly impossible to solo in tanks and even repair a friendly tank under light RPG fire. I find the gunplay and infantry combat is much more interesting now there is much more variety in the weapons and attachments I use - instead of running with the M16 or M4 with foregrip/silencer on every map I'm now using a combination of the G3/M416/AK74/M16/L85 for assault and the AKS-74/M4 for engineer, RPK for support (love that gun now, extended mags for it is awesome) and SV98/AS Val/UMP-45 for recon.

I even went back onto BC2 the other night for one round as I hadn't played it in over a year and wanted to compare the two now instead of just going by memory. I actually found it to be super easy - the weapons seem to kill even quicker than they do in BF3 and you have to do very little recoil compensation when firing in longer bursts. The lack of prone kind of makes up for having no suppression as you can't dive behind cover when you are under fire. Movement feels a little weird too with jumping being really floaty like you are jumping on the moon, and in general I just found there was something missing. I can see why people would prefer it over BF3 for its simpler infantry game but I just didn't enjoy it as much. In fact, if I had to pick one game as being more COD-like, I would say it was BC2.
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]

Last edited by smc8788; 11th Apr 2012 at 11:32.
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield 3, bf3