bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Feb 2011, 11:05   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Games I Own: Requiem: Avenging Angel

Requiem: Avenging Angel is a classic example of a game that should be very well known, but isn’t. In fact, it’s more likely that you've never heard of it, which is odd considering that it was the first ever game to feature bullet time, while having similar gameplay to Jedi Knight. That sounds like a winning formula, right?

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...venging-angel/
Old 13th Feb 2011, 13:42   #2
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I remember this game! It'll always stick in my mind for some reason, probably the fact that it struck me as very depressing. The game was also b*st*rd hard - most of the bosses required a few attempts and the final boss I couldn't do (my brother managed to finish him off in the end).

Possessing was good fun. Simply find the biggest human soldier using the 'out of body experience' and then go nuts.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2011, 16:11   #3
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
was there a demo? i think i remember this game. of course in 1999 i was most likely too busy feeding my descent addiction.
Old 13th Feb 2011, 21:33   #4
Optimaximal
Minimodder

Optimaximal has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
One of my favourite bits was the 'Too Salt' power. It was amusing to watch legions of enemies slowly dissolve to nothing.
Optimaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2011, 22:52   #5
Tyr
Multimodder

Tyr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I quite liked the game because it was challenging. Story wise I didn't mind the religious background as it reminded me of the background to Vampire the Masquerade (pen & paper RPG). A lot of stories, novels, games, etc. borrow from well known religions as it is an easily identifiable background that doesn't need much explaining as most people will know something about it.

Powers were cool and the game was hard, I like challenging games and this one was very tough and long.

It tried to set some high standards and tried at a story but was not successful. Can think of a few other games in that category, VtM:Bloodlines being one.
Old 14th Feb 2011, 02:07   #6
mute1
Multimodder

mute1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is nothing wrong with a religious background for a game, it's just that they're hardly ever done well. Usually this is because of a poor understanding of the subject matter and too much effort to make it 'cool', 'edgy' or 'updated'.
Dante's Inferno was a pile of dung, for instance.
And then there are the Japanese games with pseudo-Christian plots....... the less said the better.
mute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 04:46   #7
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
I've been trying to get my hands on this game for years. I never got to play it, but always thought it looked interesteing after seeing a review in PCZone years ago.
Old 14th Feb 2011, 11:00   #8
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
The only reason i've heared of this game if because it was listed in a "Creative Environmental Sound" publicity booklet that was included in game boxes at the time. I don't remember actually reading a review of this game at the time or seeing it shops.

Messiah was another great game where you could possess people. I love that game.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 14:06   #9
Th3Maverick
Multimodder

Th3Maverick has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
painkiller was a great game with a religious premise. never played this one, though...'99 would have been perfect timing for me, too, having just beaten Shadow Warrior (I was a little behind).
Old 14th Feb 2011, 14:18   #10
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
FWIW, I loved this game. Much more so than Shiny's Messiah.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 15:18   #11
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
was there a demo? i think i remember this game. of course in 1999 i was most likely too busy feeding my descent addiction.
Yes there was a demo. I got mine with my copy of Heroes and Might and Magic 3 that I bought years ago. I think because they had the same publisher, 3DO?

I can barely remember anything about the game tbh. All I do know is that at the time I had 2 demo's on my PC, this one, and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, and it was the latter that got played over and over...
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2011, 22:35   #12
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
I loved that game! I remember I had Gravis Ultrasound card, sound it that game was fantastic! I had 4 speakers plugged and loved to keep them on very loud when was shooting with rifle. Brilliant game, but like someone mentioned pretty depressing
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:43   #13
Repo
Supermodder

Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I definately played the demo of Messiah and wasn't too impressed. I can certainly remember this game but can't think if I ever played it. Such is old age
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2011, 22:10   #14
Hrodwulf666
Arse about tit master!

Hrodwulf666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I always wanted to play this, I could never find a copy. I remembered it a little while ago but couldnt remember the name until I saw this article. Flaws aside I would have just liked the chance to play it.
Intel i7 930 @ 3.80 GHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GTX580, 1GB EVGA GTX460 SC (Physx), 12.00 GB Corsair Vengeance ram, Windows 7 64bit, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair 850W PSU, Antec Three Hundred, Samsung P2450H 24" monitor.
Hrodwulf666 is offline   Reply With Quote