bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Feb 2011, 10:49   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Crytek: PC is still important to us

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ortant-to-us/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 10:54   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
We are all still focused on delivering a great gaming experience to our true and honest fans.
is this a joke?

Death to consolification !!! Death to holding a button to activate a suit function.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:01   #3
kylew
Multimodder

kylew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why are they still talking, and acting like this isn't their own fault? I read this as "PC is still important to us, even though loads of you have downloaded our leaked game". "Despite this unfortunate incident, PC is still very important to us". What exactly would they be saying if it was the console version that leaked?
kylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:06   #4
iworld
What's a Dremel?

iworld has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PC is still the king of platforms! Crysis 2 will look amazing on the pc - the other platforms will not utilise the engine - when the new PS4 and Xbox 720 comes out the PC will have moved ahead - Developers know that PC is still the best!
iworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:29   #5
BRAWL
Mod Master

BRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As the PR rep walks out the back from the press confrence.

"LOL JK BANG OUT THE 360 DX9 GFX PCFAGS!"

Lets be honest, Crytek FUBAR'd and the PC gaming industry is going to suffer because of THEIR mistake, not ours. We'll get stuck with the DRM and anti-piracy adware until the end of time while Crytek move to Consoles and make DX9 graphics for the next 10 years.

[/hopelessness]
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:43   #6
Woollster00
Modder

Woollster00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't know what the hell crytek are fretting about me and several of my friends downloaded the leaked game and all it has done is convince us to pre order the real one... it really is a stupendously good game.
Woollster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:55   #7
Necrow
Multimodder

Necrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[Rant]
Crytek are getting a lot of flak over this and I don not think it is fair to them.
Developers know that PC's are always evolving whereas consoles are stationary for their lifetime apart from the odd crappy accessories. Most developers (well I mean studio managers and accountants) see this as an advantage to consoles because they can either use someone else's game engine or create their own and bang out many similar games with different skins (i.e. BFBC2 vsMOH).
PC friendly developers and studions always look after us PC gamers but must some times rely on consoles for additional revenue. With PC's the continuous evolving hardware and especially the GPU market and GPUs that are coming from Nvidia and AMD are making the 'good' developer salivate at the thoughts of the challenges and quality they offer. Again look at BFBC2, DICE did a fantastic job on BFBC2 for the PC but then EA paid them to reskin it for MOH - good for revenue but not a new experience really for PC gamers.
IMO it was probably EA that messed this leak up not Crytek.
PC gamers need companies like Crytek so we enthuasists can challenge our rigs!....Crytek must be admired for the ground breaking games that are FarCry and Crysis. I for one will support Crytek on this one.
[/Rant]
Necrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 11:59   #8
Sensei
Modder

Sensei has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont think Crytek will dump the PC platform. Condifering they were one of the first to play around with DX10, admitedly they done a bit of a hash job with it as you needed a ridiculously high spec pc to play the game. Theyve invested time and effort in learning the new technology which tells me they have a major interest in the PC. However, after seeing how stunning Uncharted 2 was on the PC, it sort of shows what a decent developer can do with lesser kit. Its easier to create a game for a console as you dont need to deal with all the major variants you get with a PC, but the end result, when successful is usually superior to any console. Its a matter of pride in your work over money, isnt it?
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:09   #9
Th3Maverick
Multimodder

Th3Maverick has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu

Death to consolification !!! Death to holding a button to activate a suit function.
Death to Allegra Geller! Death to eXistenZ!!
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:16   #10
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope they have traceable signatures inside all their dev/tester game code and they catch the **** who did this.

I think the games industry can learn a lot from the film industry and vice versa with regards securing important IP.
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:21   #11
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Jeez why all the angst? A copy of the game gets leaked (and for all we know, this could have been an external hack job as much as an internal leak). Either way, something bad has happened and all people want to do is say screw you. Bit harsh.

In fact I'm starting to think PC fanboys are bigger w*nkers than Mac fanboys.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:26   #12
Bazz
6.62606957 10-34 m2 kg/s

Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.
Who cares?
Regardless of whether it was released secretly or not, consoles are the main stay of any games developer now, and if not, they'd have a bad business model.
IMO PC gaming is declining, and has been since 2008, nothing ANY developer/publishing house can say to show me other wise.

Crysis 2 on the PC will still sell shed loads..........................................and to be honest, the only way FPS games are meant to be played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
RIP little fella
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:36   #13
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are they investigating the leak? I would like to know who done it just so they can stop blaming its "true and honest fans"!
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:46   #14
Xlog
Supermodder

Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
Who cares?
Regardless of whether it was released secretly or not, consoles are the main stay of any games developer now, and if not, they'd have a bad business model.
IMO PC gaming is declining, and has been since 2008, nothing ANY developer/publishing house can say to show me other wise.

Crysis 2 on the PC will still sell shed loads..........................................and to be honest, the only way FPS games are meant to be played.
Old 15th Feb 2011, 12:53   #15
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
dying to see the game!
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 13:00   #16
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1
Jeez why all the angst? A copy of the game gets leaked (and for all we know, this could have been an external hack job as much as an internal leak). Either way, something bad has happened and all people want to do is say screw you. Bit harsh.

In fact I'm starting to think PC fanboys are bigger w*nkers than Mac fanboys.

Fanboys in general is my problem, some people need to think outside their own box.

I'd like to see the people responsible taken down a notch, and the people that downloaded it once it was avaliable have the same thing happen to them. Why do they deserve a free copy out of crytek? Cracking games is theft at the end of the day.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 13:09   #17
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woollster00
I don't know what the hell crytek are fretting about me and several of my friends downloaded the leaked game and all it has done is convince us to pre order the real one... it really is a stupendously good game.
Finally! I was waiting for someone to say if it was any good or not. Worth a pre-order then?

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 13:13   #18
DeathAwaitsU
I'm Back :D

DeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[QUOTE=Lance]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1
Cracking games is theft at the end of the day.
Cracking is not the same as pirating....
Old 15th Feb 2011, 13:54   #19
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
When is the demo being released ?
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2011, 14:03   #20
alex101
Geek

alex101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrow View Post
[Rant]
Crytek are getting a lot of flak over this and I don not think it is fair to them.
Developers know that PC's are always evolving whereas consoles are stationary for their lifetime apart from the odd crappy accessories. Most developers (well I mean studio managers and accountants) see this as an advantage to consoles because they can either use someone else's game engine or create their own and bang out many similar games with different skins (i.e. BFBC2 vsMOH).
PC friendly developers and studions always look after us PC gamers but must some times rely on consoles for additional revenue. With PC's the continuous evolving hardware and especially the GPU market and GPUs that are coming from Nvidia and AMD are making the 'good' developer salivate at the thoughts of the challenges and quality they offer. Again look at BFBC2, DICE did a fantastic job on BFBC2 for the PC but then EA paid them to reskin it for MOH - good for revenue but not a new experience really for PC gamers.
IMO it was probably EA that messed this leak up not Crytek.
PC gamers need companies like Crytek so we enthuasists can challenge our rigs!....Crytek must be admired for the ground breaking games that are FarCry and Crysis. I for one will support Crytek on this one.
[/Rant]
+1!
alex101 is offline   Reply With Quote