bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:36   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Apple iPad 2 launch 'set for March 2'

Multiple sources confirm iPad 2 launch date, despite rumoured production problems.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...on-march-2nd/1
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:39   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
only 512MB of RAM? guess improvements on multitasking isn't on the cards for iOS 5.
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:40   #3
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm sure there will be a little bit held back to give the launch some wow factor. Would be interesting to hear who will actually be launching the product since Jobs is still bit fragile at the moment. I think the board are announcing his replacement today or consulting with other major shareholders.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:43   #4
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Still will likely go for one of the many alternatives being released over the next few months!

P.S. the caption on the front page says 'higher resolution' which is incorrect :P
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:50   #5
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Am I the only one who would be existed at a new type of baked bean
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:56   #6
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I am genuinely excited, I will be getting one of these as a replacment for my original iPad.
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:12   #7
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
mmmmmm baked beans ...

seriously though, I wonder if the price points will be similar to the origianl iPad. I still wont get one, just curious. I don't mind having a closed system on my iPhone, but on a tablet there is no way I want a closed OS. And before people say "why don't you just jailbreak it", to be honest I'd rather not, in my opinion it shoud stay as it was intended, just buy a different brand if you want freedom.
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:15   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I would get a pad with Pixel QI at least like the Adam or ZTE light 2. I follow the Chinese stuff in the next few months and see what they will bring and it looks promising.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:22   #9
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Still waiting for a DinA4 sized (300x200mm) tablet with HD-ready (1366x768) screen-resolution.

The size of the MacBookAir made into tablet basically only a little bit thinner and lighter using a Tegra2-SoC or something along these lines at around the $500 pricetag including 3G ofc.

EDIT: The tablets shown by Malata, especially the new unreleased one, is exactly what I'm looking for, but it's to be seen, who of the big worldwide manufacturers will release something like this, as I'm not to fond of buying a chinese device without international support.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!

Last edited by jrs77; 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:40.
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:23   #10
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
Coincides with my Birthday..... hmmmm
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:24   #11
Skippylee
Now then!

Skippylee has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Heinz introducing a new variety of baked beans!" OMG, don't leave me hanging!! What's it call and where can I get it?
Skippylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:29   #12
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
Beans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

Sorry for the link but I go to pieces every time I see it.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:38   #13
REMF
Multimodder

REMF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"A 1,024 x 768 resolution display, 1.2GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU and SGX543 GPU are on the cards as well."

The tag-line says "higher-res screen", how is this higher than that which went before?

Also, shame about the 512MB, would have hoped for 1GB.
REMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:38   #14
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Living in a country where they're next to not available i've got to say:
Hmmmm Baked Beans
USB or at least SD-card port?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 12:54   #15
iworld
What's a Dremel?

iworld has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I believe that Android bases systems will rule the roost snd be more technically advanced
iworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 13:13   #16
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
less exciting than Heinz introducing a new variety of baked beans
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 13:31   #17
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.B1GBUD is definitely a rep cheat.
So is the screen resolution confirmed? I saw this and got very hopeful....

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/h...tion-kerfuffle
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 14:13   #18
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No higher res "retina display"? Surprising given the original iPad has a larger dot pitch than the original iPhone, never mind the iPhone 4.

Not mentioned above, but I will be shocked if there's no front facing "Facetime" camera.

Anyone want to put a bet on the "just one more thing" feature? Will there even be one if Jobs isn't delivering the launch? It's his trademark phrase after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7ck
I am genuinely excited, I will be getting one of these as a replacment for my original iPad.
Really? What's missing from your original iPad that makes this an essential upgrade?
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 14:15   #19
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007 View Post
Really? What's missing from your original iPad that makes this an essential upgrade?
This one will be a little lighter, faster and include a camera (or two)
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 14:15   #20
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Heinz Baked bean fridge packs, now that is worth queueing in shops for.
Beans but not in a tin, awesome.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote