bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 24th Feb 2011, 11:25   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Android's international growth visualised

Android Developers have visualised worldwide Android activations over the last 18 months.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ional-growth/1
Old 24th Feb 2011, 11:28   #2
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great news, any chance of a link?
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 11:50   #3
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Android is the way to go. Hate Apple, Nokia's OS is just useless, and dnt wanna bother with Microsoft
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 12:11   #4
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.Snips is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niro
Android is the way to go. Hate Apple, Nokia's OS is just useless, and dnt wanna bother with Microsoft
Why not?
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 12:15   #5
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I've never understood anybody 'hating' any tech firm

Cool video and interesting too. When it comes to my refresh, I'll be looking at all the handsets on the market, for sure
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 12:31   #6
Repo
Supermodder

Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Repo is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice vid.

I was tempted by the T-Mobile Pulse Mini last month as it was only £50, good tech impulse buy price point that. I managed to resist though as my WM6.5 device is still going strong.
Repo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 13:36   #7
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I can only recommend Android. Been using it on my Galaxy Spica/Lite for over a year now & while it's not perfect (then again I'm on 2.1 still thanks to Samsung & just can't find the time to root my phone or it's just not important enough ) it is a great piece of software! I owned an iPod Touch so I've gotten my share of iOS as well.
I really like them both but the fact that Android is far more open than iOS will possibly ever be is what makes me want to buy the Galaxy S2 or the LG Optimus 2X next.
Windows Phone 7 is a step in the right direction for MS but it somehow doesn't appeal to me. WebOS & Meego are good as well but the actual handsets are not interesting to me.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 17:22   #8
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Interesting visualization, but a little hollow. Hooray for having a little graph on the bottom which has no units of measure, thus making it completely useless for anything but looking pretty.

I don't have any smartphone preference, just hate having the wool pulled over my eyes.
Old 24th Feb 2011, 19:44   #9
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Curious to know what a similar iOS visualization would look like
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 20:01   #10
bobwya
Custom PC Migrant

bobwya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Found the video a bit boring...
bobwya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 20:31   #11
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm very happy with my Android phone.
The only downside is that it's already been upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2, so I doubt Vodafone will offer another upgrade to 2.3.
Having played around with a friends iPhone 4, I'm very glad that I picked Android. It just suits my tastes better. Though whether that's Android itself, or HTC's Sense skin is another matter.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 22:07   #12
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have the original Droid, and plan on upgrading to the Droid Bionic!
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:27   #13
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Nokia's OS is now Win Phone 7 though I know what you mean. Meego sounded interesting but it's almost completely gone now - I wonder if Intel basically pushed Nokia out of it by saying they only wanted x86. Symbian has been the proverbial dead horse for a long time now. Android really should be the way to go, but they need some structure to it where handset makers don't have so much control over update revisions by having their own UI on top. WP7 could be good, but this is Microsoft, who I'd argue have a habit of turning good ideas into trash.
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote