bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Jul 2011, 20:52   #181
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Fantastic, sending this to MDPC!
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 08:05   #182
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
Has anyone nominated this to MDPC yet?
Dono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark.Jr View Post

no words need to be said!
Haha thanks Stark love the kitty ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Fantastic, sending this to MDPC!
Lol thanks
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 08:16   #183
airboren
What's a Dremel?

airboren has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've been lurking modding forums for a few months now, but felt that I had to sign up for an account just so i could post and tell you how absolutely amazed and impressed I am with this build.

It is flawless ... You have great artistic feeling living in perfect unison with a highly technical and functioning design. The level and quality of your work is top notch, the best I've ever seen. So much so that I have to ask, what did you use to cut your case with? obviously a hand power drill/drill press/various hole saw cutouts were used for your circular artistic touches, but for example when cutting the mobo tray and the hard drive cage etc, what did you use to get such perfect cuts? They look laser cut they are so nice....

When i've pondered the idea of a completely white build in the past, i thought that i would look plain, but this is anything but plain, totally changed the way i look at modding, your project has really had an impact on me, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and instructional log.

PS, your pics are great too, must be a nice camera you're using,

MOD ON
airboren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 09:22   #184
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 09:40   #185
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Lol
Old 11th Jul 2011, 10:15   #186
Rai
Multimodder

Rai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice metalworking. How long did it take to cut and file all the pieces?
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 10:51   #187
alain-s
Supermodder

the front plate's and the GPU covers are made by lazer cutting machine so i think that it takes around 10 to 15 min maybe

The rest of the parts are all hand made lets say that it keeps you busy when u have noting else to do ^^
Old 11th Jul 2011, 13:17   #188
Bullitdodger
If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Bullitdodger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post

Good that i didn't go further on that idea it really looks bad after the other one's
LOL..... It looks like an imperial walker from star wars.
Old 11th Jul 2011, 13:34   #189
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboren View Post
I've been lurking modding forums for a few months now, but felt that I had to sign up for an account just so i could post and tell you how absolutely amazed and impressed I am with this build.

It is flawless ... You have great artistic feeling living in perfect unison with a highly technical and functioning design. The level and quality of your work is top notch, the best I've ever seen. So much so that I have to ask, what did you use to cut your case with? obviously a hand power drill/drill press/various hole saw cutouts were used for your circular artistic touches, but for example when cutting the mobo tray and the hard drive cage etc, what did you use to get such perfect cuts? They look laser cut they are so nice....

When i've pondered the idea of a completely white build in the past, i thought that i would look plain, but this is anything but plain, totally changed the way i look at modding, your project has really had an impact on me, thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed and instructional log.

PS, your pics are great too, must be a nice camera you're using,

MOD ON
Thanks for the the comment Airboren
it is really a pleasure that my build pushed u so far to make a account here on the forum so u could post in my build log

For the tool that i used on the motherboard tray was a electronic jigsaw + a drill to make some holes and when i am done whit those tools i start with the files and sanding paper.

And for the HDD bay i use manual jigsaw (else the plexi would melt) + a drill and then the same steps i did like the motherboard tray

The Camera i am using is a Samsung NV24HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitdodger View Post
LOL..... It looks like an imperial walker from star wars.
Lol idd ^^
Old 17th Jul 2011, 14:19   #190
alain-s
Supermodder

Small update

GPU Covers are ready to be painted.
I finished off the top cover with some plexi and a led.
Not much to tell about then showing u guys some pictures ^^

Started with plexi by cutting the right shape that i needed the i frosted 1 side of it.

got a few stickers from work with me very handy ^^

On the back side of the sticker is some kind of aluminum foil helps spreading the light true the plexi and also helps isolating the light that it docent shine true the back

Led in it

Front plate over it.

Dont mind the color it changes all the time depends on the water temp
Then doing it all over again for the GPU cover.

Mounted it on the GPU

Connected the led on the motherboard (HDD activity)

Short movie of the light (click on the picture)

Cya next time.
Old 17th Jul 2011, 22:25   #191
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
This thing just gets better every time I see it...Looking really good dude.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 22:33   #192
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
I agree, the copper pipes are wonderful!
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2011, 23:36   #193
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I love the copper pipes, but with the silver fittings im not so sure. You thought about painting the copper chrome?
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2011, 03:51   #194
microsoftPerson
Hypermodder

microsoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He said he was going to get them coated in nickel. Really cool project.
Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1/2 TB + 2TB + Fractal Design Define R3 [black pearl]
microsoftPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2011, 06:24   #195
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microsoftPerson View Post
Ahhh missed that one... my bad

well then that WILL look awesome.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2011, 11:05   #196
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice work with the lighting, looks great.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2011, 12:23   #197
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
This thing just gets better every time I see it...Looking really good dude.
Thanks Bulldogjeff nice to hear that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
I love the copper pipes, but with the silver fittings im not so sure. You thought about painting the copper chrome?
thx !
Quote:
Originally Posted by microsoftPerson View Post
Yep i hoop that i will be done very soon ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
I agree, the copper pipes are wonderful!
Thanks Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Nice work with the lighting, looks great.
Thanks painting the GPU covers now at work so at the end of the week il have a extra small update ^^
Old 20th Jul 2011, 22:53   #198
alain-s
Supermodder

GPU covers are ready and mounted on the GPU

And a very nice night shot of the white logo.

The up coming weeks well be very busy. To get the PC ready for Gamescom
There is still a lot to do like. Making window in site panel painting the case installing extra leds + some other random thing i forgot to tell u guys.
All this needs to be done before 18 of August.
If i can arrange transport to Gamescom i will everything in my power to get the case ready to show it on Gamescom
Old 26th Jul 2011, 09:16   #199
alain-s
Supermodder

Update

This weekend i disassemble the case so u could get the case ready for the painter
Empty Case

As result a room full with hardware an WC parts

Cleaning every part of the loop

The case still needed a window

Yesterday the case was moved to the painter. he said that the case would be done this week
I also have to do a little tweaks on the GPU's installing some leds + mounting the cover plates

Connected the 2 card together and placed them back on the motherboard.

I also tried something new with the power cables of the GPU.

Lights on !!

And the end result of all this bring a very messy room

Last edited by alain-s; 26th Jul 2011 at 09:25.
Old 26th Jul 2011, 10:37   #200
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the woven look of the GPU powe cables, nice touch.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode