bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Mar 2011, 17:39   #21
stefan442
Supermodder

stefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Paint looks good I'm following.
stefan442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 09:40   #22
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Yesterday was a big day ^^

First i want to thank Highflow for there nice prices that i get in there webshop.

With this help it is possible for the case to be painted by a professional painter. He can make sure that the outside and inside will perfectly done without any dust in the paint ^^

+Yesterday there was also a nice package in the mail
From who would it be ^^

Idd from MDPC
After long waiting i finely could have gone to the post office to get the package.
The colors as you can see will be white blue grey
Here are the pic's

Soon i can begin to start the sleeving. But first i need to have done the inside of the case. So i can see what cables i need to make shorter or longer so that it is a perfect fit.
on to the next update

alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 09:44   #23
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan442 View Post
Paint looks good I'm following.
Ye i do my best to get no dust in the paint but its not really that easy i had to do the motherboard tray 3 times to get it right :s

Old 21st Mar 2011, 22:12   #24
alain-s
Supermodder

Update 04

Hey Guys Yesterday i started to strip down my powersuply so i could start sleeving the cables that are hooked to the PSU.
Here are some of the pictures.

I have kept the labels of the PSU. Don't know if i will re use them or not..

I just had to pull 2 plugs to get everything out of the case. Well almost everything ^^

Removed the original Sleeve from corsair+i cut in advanced all my heath shrinks.

1st part done time for a brake to eat my dessert ^^

Finished the sleeving.

Today at work i started with the case of the PSU.
Going to do all the preparation so i can paint the case in white also.

First of all i had to make a bigger hole for all the wires whit all the sleeve the original hole was to small.

Sanded every piece before i spray the primer on it.

The rest of the painting will be done tommorow when i am back at work.
1 Small thing
I got the fan blades of the fan so i can paint them also.

Next update will be when the PSU is done.
Maybe when a package arrives from Highflow ^^

Old 24th Mar 2011, 22:31   #25
alain-s
Supermodder

Update 05

Today the mail man came with a very nice package from highflow.
With just the right parts that i need to continue the build.
Now i can start with the mid plate. I needed the reservoir so i could see where i had to make some holes.
First I will show u guys what was in the package that i got from highflow

Bitspower Crystal Link Tube For 3-Slots To fit between the 2 HD6970.

EK-D5 X-TOP - White Acetal G1/4 Rev.2
This will fit very nice with the pump that is painted in white.

Phobya Balancer 150 silver nickel

Scythe 120MM Slip Stream SLIM 1200RPM This i will use to cool my HDD. The fan will be painted in white also.

Aqua-Computer Temperature Sensor Inline 2x G1/4 ID for the in and out going temperature

Aqua-Computer Sensor cable for (electronic) Flow Meters

Bitspowder madness
Bitspower G1/4 naar G1/4 (2x OD) Verbindingsstuk Mini Silver Shiny 2pieces
Bitspower G1/4 Silver Shiny Rotary 90 Degree ID 1/4 Adapter 2pieces
Bitspower Multi-Link (SLI/CF) Adapter BP-WTP-C47 Silver Shining 16pieces
Bitspower Multi-Link (SLI/CF) Adapter Mini BP-WTP-C48 Silver Shining 4pieces
Bitspower 2xG1/4" Fillport Silver Shining

Aqua-Computer kraan / verbinder Zilver (G1/4)

So that was it.
Now back to the build it self. I already painted a few pieces Pump, Radiator + Radiator stand,
PSU casing + the van blades.
Well pictures will tell the rest.

I placed 2 labels back on the original place in case i should forgot what PSU that i am using

I did a small mod on the PSU screws. Because they are black i had to find something to change it.
So i sanded the head of the screw till i saw the metal. ^^
Left black screw right modded one.

Then when that was finnished i putted the PSU back together. Dit was not really easy with all the sleeve in PSU also. But after some time it finally fitted together again.

Her is a little sneak preview of how the buttom of the case will be.
For the pump and flow meter i still need to make a stand off.

Then for the front i need to order some
Enermax 120MM Cluster white
The copper pipe that u see will get a goat of nickel like all the other pipes that will come in the build.

Up to the next Update

Old 25th Mar 2011, 00:13   #26
Sponge12349
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

Sponge12349 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSponge12349 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lookin' sweet!
Can't wait to see when its all together!
Sponge12349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2011, 21:40   #27
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge12349 View Post
Lookin' sweet!
Can't wait to see when its all together!
Thanks man

Update 06

Small update i didn't do allot these days. because i was more looking at my case then doing anything.
Need to get a image of where i will put all the stuff in the case
But while a was looking at it. I did some work on the top of the case i made the top hole bigger so my reservoir could fit in it.
The reservoir it self will be a Aquacomputer Aquatube G1/4 Delrin White
That also will be modified and will serve as a fill port.
Here are some pictures of the hole before i started to make it bigger for the res.

Because there was already a hole from my previous CM i had to come up with something to cover it up.

Made 4 M3 holes for the mounting of the res so u don't see any screws on the out side of the case

Now the reservoir I had to make some adjustments to it so it would fit perfectly.

On the next picture u can see that i removes the edge around the res.

The screws need to be gone they spoil the clean look of the case.
So i when to the iron shop the get some new stuff

bought some extra stuff to try out on the res for mounting.
But first i handle the window of the res.

Nice and clean looks allot better ^^

Now the mounting of the res

Personally i like it this way its something different will replace the pvc spacers with aluminum

I am also busy with a small HDD cage mod to cool the HDD. I saw the idea in build log from anG3L (Sors salutis) so why not try it my self
removes the fan housing and i used some tape to stick it on the HDD cage

this is where the HHD cage should come.

The next steps are to mod the HDD cage it self and paint it together with HDD cooling. And maybe make the mounting mechanism for HDD cage it self.
That is all for the next update.

Old 29th Mar 2011, 18:26   #28
Sponge12349
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

Sponge12349 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSponge12349 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That res looks sweet
Sponge12349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2011, 20:44   #29
pistol_pete
Air Cooled Fool

pistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shrouldess fan, that's gangster!
- Q6600 G0(9x333) -- Asus P5k Premium -- 4GB Ballistix DDR2-800 -- EVGA GTX570 -- OCZ Vertex 2E 128GB -- 500GB Samsung F2 -- Antec Truepower New 650W -- Samsung Syncmaster 206BW -- Razer Lycosa, DeathAdder, and Destructor -- Custom Buitl Watercooled Case --

Pistol Pete's Project Perspiration Project Log
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2011, 00:07   #30
Dragonite
Multimodder

Dragonite has yet to learn the way of the DremelDragonite has yet to learn the way of the DremelDragonite has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just wondering how the airflow is affected by the removal of the shroud. Won't it make the air go side ways some? shure most of the air will probably go the right way but the airflow won't be the same.
Dragonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2011, 06:16   #31
stefan442
Supermodder

stefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
Just wondering how the airflow is affected by the removal of the shroud. Won't it make the air go side ways some? shure most of the air will probably go the right way but the airflow won't be the same.
I imagine it will. but considering the fan hardly had a shroud in the first place and its basically sitting on the hard drives im sure it will be fine
stefan442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2011, 10:30   #32
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^^ Now it's mostly spinning the air around. That might be a good thing actually. It's not like much would get through the base of the cage anyway.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2011, 10:53   #33
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge12349 View Post
That res looks sweet
Thanks it gives a cleaner look now with the screws sunk in to the Plexiglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
Shrouldess fan, that's gangster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post

Quote:
I imagine it will. but considering the fan hardly had a shroud in the first place and its basically sitting on the hard drives im sure it will be fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javerh View Post
^^ Now it's mostly spinning the air around. That might be a good thing actually. It's not like much would get through the base of the cage anyway.
well I tested the fan before and after removing the housing.
There is change of airflow indeed but it still works pretty good to cool the HDD.

+ I founded a new fan of Xigmatek that will come out in a few weeks and i probably will change it whit that fan + i will put 4 of them on my radiator.
here is the link of it Xigmatek XOF-F1251

Need to say they are looking very nice

Last edited by alain-s; 31st Mar 2011 at 16:28. Reason: posted a picture of the fan
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 15:52   #34
alain-s
Supermodder

Mini update

Sadly i couldn't have done much this weekend.
I forgot most of tools at work :s
But did some small progress i made my midplate in clear plexi
and i gave everything a position in the case first Cdrom, Aqua Computer, HDD Cage

The Midplate

I am still doubting if i will sand the midplate to get matt look or keep it clear.

Then something else
i like to get youre opinions for my loop
I have made 3 difrent loops for my CM
What loop looks the best
Loop 1

Loop 2

Loop 3

Or something else i am open for any ideas ore tips.
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 16:17   #35
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
I prefer the last one Looks good so far! Subbed.
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 16:25   #36
stefan442
Supermodder

I have no idea about watercooling. But i do know that the i5 you are using doesn't run the hottest. So would it be better to have the water go to the gfx cards first then to the cpu after......
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 16:27   #37
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
I have no idea about watercooling. But i do know that the i5 you are using doesn't run the hottest. So would it be better to have the water go to the gfx cards first then to the cpu after......
Wouldn't make any difference really. The water temperature will reach a constant throughout the loop, won't make any difference.
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 16:35   #38
stefan442
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars-bar-man View Post
Wouldn't make any difference really. The water temperature will reach a constant throughout the loop, won't make any difference.
In that case id go for the 3rd loop. Least about of tubing needed... keep it clean and tidy.
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 16:45   #39
silent1313
What's a Dremel?

silent1313 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW alain-s the paint looks amazing. did you wet sand it to get it so shiny? i am curious what kind of paint you used and how many coats.
good work keep it up
silent1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 10:30   #40
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1313 View Post
WOW alain-s the paint looks amazing. did you wet sand it to get it so shiny? i am curious what kind of paint you used and how many coats.
good work keep it up
Thanks

started with a 400grid then 600grid paper then 1 layer of primer sand it again with 1000 then 1500grid then 2 layer of primer.
after that i start sanding with 1500 grid and 2000grid then 1 layer of paint let it dry for a day sand it again with 2000grid and final layer of paint then

i use motip paint

View Mode