0rbibital
What's a Dremel? Stop asking that!!

0rbibital has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very nice paint job
0rbibital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 20:10   #42
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Think I'd go with the last one, gives a much nicer all round look and more balanced feel to the loop

Coming along great dude, really like the colour scheme and the solid copper tubing :P
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 15:58   #43
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Congrats on the MOTM nomination BTW .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 20:54   #44
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks

Here is a small teaser got no time for update but wanted to share this with your guys ^^

alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 21:16   #45
Vandalo
Modder

Vandalo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very good work alain!!
Vandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 22:09   #46
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Haven't looked at this in a while and needless to say I'm very impressed, I love the power supply!
Well done!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2011, 22:47   #47
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
First off all i want to tank the Bit-Tech staff for putting my project in MOTM competition.
It is really a honor to be in MOTM competition. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalo View Post
Very good work alain!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Haven't looked at this in a while and needless to say I'm very impressed, I love the power supply!
Well done!
thanks ^^

Old 10th Apr 2011, 01:12   #48
alain-s
Supermodder

UPDATE 07
This week i worked on my bay holders. My first design that i have made wasn't really what i expected.
Picture's will tell the story

Personally i don't like it. It looks to basic and wouldn't really fit with the rest.
I started to look for something else then and then i thought to use the original bay holders from Silverstone and redesign it. ^^

Putted some tape on it and start the drawings

Cutted it out

Then the finished product

Mounted it to check if it would fit nice

And yes it fits perfect ^^

Cdrom in it

then the total picture

The next thing to do fix the mounting for the HDD and make a new Cdrom holder

Old 10th Apr 2011, 15:53   #49
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice optical Drive racks .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 15:56   #50
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is MOTM material in the making... Looking quality already, love the bay mod.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 20:29   #51
alain-s
Supermodder

Thanks
Old 10th Apr 2011, 20:55   #52
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i really like those round shapes !
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 21:25   #53
stefan442
Supermodder

stefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice and original
Old 10th Apr 2011, 22:06   #54
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
<--- This is me
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 09:31   #55
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~3nergy View Post
i really like those round shapes !
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan442 View Post
Nice and original
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
<--- This is me
Thanks

Old 17th Apr 2011, 22:28   #56
alain-s
Supermodder

UPDATE 08

Time for a update ^^
it has bin a while when i posted some progress.
The reason here for was that i wasn't completely satisfied with the original idea of placing the HDD cage against the case.

This is not really fitting with the rest of the parts. So started to dismantling the HDD cage and
started to draw some new pieces.

Dropped 1 piece :s

Lucky for me that the pieces are going to be painted so i glued it back to getter.
Here is the pcb from the hotswap.

This is how it need to look like.

Sanded all the pieces and putted every thing back to getter

I even made some HDD cooling (fan will be replaced with a other 1

Mounted the hole thing against it

Holes for the cables

Then i also had to make a new Slimdrive holder

The mounting mechanism can be changed but i don't know yet

Like this i can cover up all the cables between the front plate en de plate behind it

HDD in the hotswap

This is it ^^ tomorrow i need to get some new screws to finish it off then this part is ready.

Old 17th Apr 2011, 22:34   #57
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Keeping the design going there. Getting a decent frosted acrylic look is difficult but i didnt see much in the way of lines or uneven sanding so nice work there as well.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 08:58   #58
alain-s
Supermodder

thanks ^^
But the plan is to paint all the parts in white.
Old 21st Apr 2011, 18:17   #59
alain-s
Supermodder

Update 09

Small update of the painting and the extra hardware that i got from a friend yesterday.
First i dismantled my raptor HDD so i could paint the housing.

I got some 2 component filler to remove the lian li logo's.

2 layers of primer and after that the white paint

Then the other parts Before it started to paint those i did some miner improvement on the holes. So the bolts sink in the object.

Painting ^^

Putting it all back together.

Then the hardware that i got to borrow
I got these part from from a very good friend. In the past i modded his Corsair 800D
Here is a picture of the pc that i made for him.

The parts that i got where GPU CPU motherboard ram.
Asus HAD 4870x2

Motherboard is Asus P5Q PRO cpu is a core duo something and the ram dono what kind or speed labels are removed.

The next steps are sending my Gigabyte P67A UD5 back to the shop to get the B3 version of it.
When i got my new motherboard i can start to build in all pieces.
So i can start to cut and bend the copper pipes.

Old 22nd Apr 2011, 13:52   #60
chaclegecex
What's a Dremel?

chaclegecex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project White Update 21/04 HDD cage ready

fantastic project mate . but how did you do the 2nd sampl of CF ?? Also any pics of the roll cage , in a built from ??
chaclegecex is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode