password
Minimodder

password has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that looks so nice love it
password is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:08   #82
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
The fittings that i am using are idd from bitspower:
Bitspower Multi-Link (SLI/CF) Adapter BP-WTP-C47 Silver Shining
Bitspower Multi-Link (SLI/CF) Adapter Mini BP-WTP-C48 Silver Shining
The copper pipes are 12mm and they fit perfect
I hadn't even payed on bit of attention to those fittings. I wanted to go hard-lined on the case I'm working on, but didn't like the size of the Koolance g1/4" to copper fittings. I have a feeling I may be ordering some of these shortly.

What kind of pipe bender are you using?
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:23   #83
Shadow703793
Supermodder

Shadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Holy ****! Mmm..... copper pipes.....

On a more serious note, how much additional weight is the copper pipes say over using something like LRT?
Shadow703793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:38   #84
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
I am using a basic banding tool

can buy it at any iron shop i think
But if u want to make short u turns for you're pipes then i advise u to buy a other type of bender

with this piece u can make u turns mine is only good L turns
If u want to install the pipes on the bitspowder fittings it is best to sand the edge of so u don't damage the rubber sealing.
Before

After

Hope this will help u to fer fill you're modding ideas ^^

alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:41   #85
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow703793 View Post
Holy ****! Mmm..... copper pipes.....

On a more serious note, how much additional weight is the copper pipes say over using something like LRT?
what isLRT ?

The 2 pipes are together 220gr
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:46   #86
rmallen
What's a Dremel?

rmallen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What impresses me is the cutting on the metal work, what are you using? as the the cuts are detailed and clean. I hope you say dremel trio as I just bought one

Fantastic ideas, real food for thought on my TJ07
rmallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 16:20   #87
MrNitro
Performance Enthusiast =)

MrNitro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Those copper pipes are AWESOME!
Amazing and good looking.
+Rep!
~ Asus M4A78-EM ~ AMD Phenom II X4 955 ~ G.Skill PI Black 4Gb DDR2 1100@1066Mhz ~ Sapphire HD4870 Silent Efficiency 512Mb ~ Creative X-Fi Titanium ~ Samsung 80Gb ~ Seagate 500Gb ~ Western Digital 500Gb ~ Satellite SL8600EPS ~ Empire Smart 5970 casemod ~ Logitech X-540 ~
[<O>]Proud to be Brazilian
MrNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 17:17   #88
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Copper pipes!? That's even more original, and we all know that the heat dissipation of copper is great, that's going to be one good looking, hell of a waterloop!
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2011, 20:36   #89
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
I am using a basic banding tool

can buy it at any iron shop i think
But if u want to make short u turns for you're pipes then i advise u to buy a other type of bender

with this piece u can make u turns mine is only good L turns
If u want to install the pipes on the bitspowder fittings it is best to sand the edge of so u don't damage the rubber sealing.
Before

After

Hope this will help u to fer fill you're modding ideas ^^
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I am no stranger to working with copper pipe. Redoing all of the inlet plumbing in my house a number of years ago plus other projects has given me more experience that I want!

The last hard-lining I did, I just used pieces of tubing to join the copper ends to barbs on the blocks, but that really looks kind of sloppy. The Koolance fittings are just too long to me. I would never use copper tubing without cleaning up the ends, but it is a good idea to put that info here for anyone unfamiliar.

I've got tubing bender almost exactly like the one you have posted at the bottom, but it doesn't work very well at bending even soft copper without kinking. This was using 1/2" hard copper and 5/8"OD soft copper. It is hard to get a bend past an "L" with it. I've got a larger tubing bender that I bought that I haven't really used yet. I've got to see how well it works. If I go copper with the build I'm working on, I would have to use fittings as the bends are probably too tight. I really like hardlining because you don't have that stupid plasticizer to worry about, you can route the tubing exactly where you want it to go, and can paint it to match whatever you want.
Old 29th Apr 2011, 13:00   #90
PAL
What's a Dremel?

PAL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you have the time and patience try to polish to mirror finish it give an amazing finish and it will last if you put a clear over it....done this on a harley just amazing.
Keep up the good work!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:57   #91
alain-s
Supermodder

Thx PAL
That polishing is already on the plan after the polish they will get nickel d so it gets the same colors as the water blocks.

Update 11

This week and weekend i finished of some pieces.
The Mid plate, bay holders and a extra plate on the back of the motherboard tray for cable management
I didn't take a lot of pictures of all the work because my GF had taken the camera to go to the sea with here Friend
So u only get the end result of it
Here are the finished bay holders

Completed the mid plate

Made a hole so that the fan of the HDD can pull some fresh air from the button of the case

then a made a extra plate for my cable management behind the motherboard tray to keep all the cables at there places.

made mounting holes for the rad mount and placed everything back together

The black fans will be changed with white fans from silverstone.

A few more thing i can do when that is finished i will have to wait for my order.
Common Aqua Computer speed up the production

Old 1st May 2011, 20:19   #92
TotalGaos
Stainless steel.. hmm..

TotalGaos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
man i really dig those copper pipes! Its something Ive always wanted to see in a build, because I always wandered if it would work. Now I see it does! Really like the cirkels that you use in the various part designs. Very cool build so far!
Old 1st May 2011, 21:01   #93
THP Dan
Minimodder

THP Dan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking Amazing!! Cant wait to see how it turns out.
THP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 21:09   #94
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
This a real clean looking mod. I love the solid pipe work. Nice one dude.
Is that standard 15mm pipe your using and if so what fittings. I've always wanted to do a solid pipe cooling system but have never been able to find the right fittings.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 21:58   #95
Dot_Kappa
100% Puppet

Dot_Kappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Can you bend pipes with that tool without any filling (sand for instance) ?
Old 1st May 2011, 21:59   #96
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.Kovoet is definitely a rep cheat.
Feckin hell but looks so neat and clean very very nice work. Tell you what I visit other forums regularly but nobody comes near you guys.
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:39   #97
fretfanaticno1
What's a Dremel?

fretfanaticno1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic. Coming along very nicely. Come to think about it, wouldn't noticeably lower temps be achieved using that copper piping as opposed to usual silicon or tygon tubing?
fretfanaticno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:48   #98
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks very clean.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:24   #99
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalGaos View Post
man i really dig those copper pipes! Its something Ive always wanted to see in a build, because I always wandered if it would work. Now I see it does! Really like the cirkels that you use in the various part designs. Very cool build so far!
thanks really love it that i like the designs ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by THP Dan View Post
Looking Amazing!! Cant wait to see how it turns out.
There will be a Update this week with all my new parts cant wait to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
This a real clean looking mod. I love the solid pipe work. Nice one dude.
Is that standard 15mm pipe your using and if so what fittings. I've always wanted to do a solid pipe cooling system but have never been able to find the right fittings.
Thanks the pipes are 12mm and i use bitspower fittings for them
Bitspower Multi-Link (SLI/CF) Adapter BP-WTP-C47 Silver Shining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot_Kappa View Post

Can you bend pipes with that tool without any filling (sand for instance) ?
well it it best to sand the edges or else u will damage the rubber sealing of the fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
Feckin hell but looks so neat and clean very very nice work. Tell you what I visit other forums regularly but nobody comes near you guys.
Thanks a lot ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretfanaticno1 View Post
Fantastic. Coming along very nicely. Come to think about it, wouldn't noticeably lower temps be achieved using that copper piping as opposed to usual silicon or tygon tubing?
dont really know i think that it wont make a lot of difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Looks very clean.
Thanks man

Old 2nd May 2011, 18:46   #100
Dot_Kappa
100% Puppet

Dot_Kappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

well it it best to sand the edges or else u will damage the rubber sealing of the fitting
Sorry...I mean sand inside the tube when you bend it

View Mode