bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd May 2011, 18:55   #101
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Aaah no i don't put any sand in it.
It bends perfect like this i think u need sand when u use bigger pipes not really sure .
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:02   #102
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow! Amazing skills you have!

"The black fans will be changed with white fans from silverstone"
End quote

I thank that letting them black could add a bit of contrast, but only you have the final picture in your head so...Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:14   #103
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
Wow! Amazing skills you have!

"The black fans will be changed with white fans from silverstone"
End quote

I thank that letting them black could add a bit of contrast, but only you have the final picture in your head so...Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
The white fans will fit perfect in this build

Hardware Update

Today they mail man came with a new package from Highflow^^
I show u guys what was in the box.

What did i get.
5 Silverstone 120MM FM121 Silver Controller 2400RPM

1 Koolance CPU-370

1 Aqua-Computer (electronic) Flow Meter (It is a shame that u cant find them in white so i need to find something on that .)

Then also some fittings rubber sealings power connectors temp meter

And also a
Aqua-Computer Aquaero 5 XT USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR

And i got some new bolt to put everything together

Now i can start with the pump and flow meter mounting plate Still need to draws and make it.
But there are allot of other thing to do now also with my parts

Last edited by alain-s; 4th May 2011 at 07:56.
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:37   #104
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very nice package alain-s! can't wait to see it all go inside
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 00:31   #105
wahoomcdaniel
Multimodder

wahoomcdaniel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am looking forward to your incorporating the Aquaero. It looks fantastic.
wahoomcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 07:58   #106
TotalGaos
Stainless steel.. hmm..

TotalGaos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice hardware!
Although I still think its a bit funny how over-engineered most fan controllers these days are.. I do really get why they are usefull because they also monitor temps etc. but I just wish the manufacturers could cut down on the "gamer factor". I don't think anyone needs constant temperature monitoring right on front view on the case, right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update, I'm really digging the all-white colors scheme and the neat build!

Last edited by TotalGaos; 4th May 2011 at 08:01. Reason: typo
TotalGaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 14:02   #107
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ho-hoo, you are a talented man! I love your case so far!

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 15:33   #108
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, lucky you with the new Aquero. I really like it but can't justify $170 Euro lol.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 08:39   #109
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Very nice package alain-s! can't wait to see it all go inside
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoomcdaniel View Post
I am looking forward to your incorporating the Aquaero. It looks fantastic.
it will get a nice place ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalGaos View Post
Nice hardware!
Although I still think its a bit funny how over-engineered most fan controllers these days are.. I do really get why they are usefull because they also monitor temps etc. but I just wish the manufacturers could cut down on the "gamer factor". I don't think anyone needs constant temperature monitoring right on front view on the case, right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update, I'm really digging the all-white colors scheme and the neat build!
well it is just fun to have + it will fit perfect in the project.
I tested the aquero 5XT yesterday it looks a lot of fun but i cant find how to set the fan speed lol.
The fans are spinning at full power i don't know how to turn them down. Think i need to check the aqua computer forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyizom View Post
Ho-hoo, you are a talented man! I love your case so far!
Thanks a lot ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Wow, lucky you with the new Aquero. I really like it but can't justify $170 Euro lol.
ye it is expensive but u get some nice hardware for in return.
Old 8th May 2011, 20:46   #110
alain-s
Supermodder

Update 12
After a few days of playing with the Aquaero XT5 it is time to put my attention back on the case.
this weekend i have made the pump stand.
I couldn't really find a good design for it. I also wanted to make sure that the vibration from the pump wont go on to the case.
Here some pictures of the stands
Few weeks ago i bought these rubbers for the vibration. (first pictures are black and white GF borrowed the cam :s)

First time i bended the plexiglass so i tried on a spare piece.

It went well so i started with the good parts.
I made 2 different stand to see what would be best fitted.
Stand 1

Stand 2

Tested them in the case to see what would fit the best.

Tbh i prefer the stand 1 even that it doesn't have the same features as the case parts.
Well maybe a make a other 1 if cant get out of it.
also did a very small mid on the silverstone fans

And i did the power cables of the fans also to connect to the Aquaero

Just need to make a cover for the back of it else u will see the mes with the wires

Tonight i will brake my pc off so i can send my motherboard to the shop so i can get the B3 version of it.
Lol i almost forgot to show u my first idea of the pump stand

Good that i didn't go further on that idea it really looks bad after the other one's

Old 9th May 2011, 10:02   #111
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
I REALLY love this mod buddy! Fantastic stand the design fits 100 % with the rest!!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 11:23   #112
pyro1son
Linux User!

pyro1son has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpyro1son has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpyro1son has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This build is AMAZING! Second stand fits in with the rest of the beautiful design you've got going on here. Keep up the good work and good luck!
i5 24320M | nVidia GT540M | 4Gb RAM | 500GB HDD
Steam, Origin, BFBC2, WoT: Pyr0660
pyro1son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 15:32   #113
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The pump stand looks good.
Old 9th May 2011, 22:08   #114
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
I REALLY love this mod buddy! Fantastic stand the design fits 100 % with the rest!!!!
Thanks Allot AnG3L ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1son View Post
This build is AMAZING! Second stand fits in with the rest of the beautiful design you've got going on here. Keep up the good work and good luck!
Now there is a 3th Design and that will be it ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
The pump stand looks good.
Thanks Voigts

This night i tried a other design for my pump stand.
I combined the first 2 designs and make 1 piece is it ^^
Drawing it on my last piece of plexi glass so it have to be right.

placed the pump on the stand

This is it ^^

Old 10th May 2011, 07:10   #115
TotalGaos
Stainless steel.. hmm..

TotalGaos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
This is it ^^
And its good!
Old 10th May 2011, 09:49   #116
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice work on the pump mount, it looks fantastic.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:28   #117
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalGaos View Post
And its good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Nice work on the pump mount, it looks fantastic.
Thanks guys ^^

Only a few more thing to do before everything can be painted in white and put it back to getter for some final shots ^^
Old 17th May 2011, 09:07   #118
alain-s
Supermodder

Small preview

Old 17th May 2011, 09:32   #119
One1ros
What's a Dremel?

One1ros has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love copper pipes.

(pronounced as "I love turtles")

Great Job, man.
One1ros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 09:00   #120
alain-s
Supermodder

Update 13

After long days of filling and sanding the body is ready for paint. I only have to do the sidepanels now and then it can go to the painter.
Last week i also received my new Motherboard Gigabyte P67-A UD5 B3 version
So i installed it with he 2 HD 6970 so i can finish my loop.
And i finished my pump also with the stand and the flow meter.

But first the Case
With my previous Project Umbrella i had to make some holes in the bottom of the case for the drain and some mounting holes.

These are all gone now

Removed all the scratches that i made on the top case

After all the sanding it was time to put the case in to the shower to wash all the dirt off

The pump
Because the i had to turn the pump to put it on th stand i couldnt reach the the bottom to adjust the speed of the pump.
I had to make something so i could still do it. without moving the pump
Drill a hole

Locktide on the screw so it wont move around

Also finished up the stand of the pump.

Like this i can still reach it without moving the pump around

Replaced the power connector so i can plug it directly in to the PSU

Because i couldn't find any white housing for the flow meter i decided to make it white my self

The Motherboard
Installed it on the tray with the HD 6970

Completed a other piece of the loop from CPU to GPU

Tray in the case

I only have to make the connection between the midplate and CPU and then is the loop completed then i can start the sanding and polishing of the pipes

View Mode