brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good luck with the project Attila, I'll be watching closely
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 12:02   #42
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCOFIELDD View Post
Hey Attila, on another forum I saw a guy making bends the way you are (filing a grove before bending) and he used solder paste in the joint. It looked cleaner when he was done because you could not see the break in the material…just a thought.
Yeah I think I know who you're talking about, his work is terrific. Unfortunately I cant use that stuff because all the alu will be anodised. It will look fine when all finished. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
Mom!!! Attila is back too. Dueling masters? Attila vs Bod. wear out the keyboard going back and forth.
Haha welcome aboard John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
Sub'd! Mad work!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster_johnson View Post
This is really exciting, Attila! I can't wait to see where this goes.

I'm a newbie when it comes to water cooling, but I found some info in an old book I bought the other day that you and others may be interested in. I'd love to see someone confirm this, even if it was written by an engineer.

From Cooling Techniques for Electronic Equipment, (1980) by Dave S. Steinberg:

Good luck with the project!

-Lobster
Thanks mate. Yes you can probably tell that I'm not overly concerned with corrosion. I've worked on many cars over the years and most have mixed metal cooling systems. I've seen what tap water does to the system. The pick-up I've been driving for the last 13 years has a cast iron block, an alloy head and brass radiator and heater element, Bi-metal thermostat etc. It's always been topped up with the green stuff and is still in excellent condition. There are some very good anti corrosion additives out there and I just have to use some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkz0r View Post
Good luck with the project Attila, I'll be watching closely
Thanks a lot brinkz.

I may as well include this small update here as I showed a pic yesterday.

When I need to make small parts I always turn to the offcut pile under the bench. These pieces are from the base plate of Na'ir. 8 mm thick.

First, a corner is cut out and filed square. Then the shape can be marked up against this reference and cut and filed.

Then mounting holes are drilled into both the tray and the corner brackets. The tray has 3mm holes for the M3 screws to pass through and these are also countersunk. The corner pieces are tapped.

It's very strong and rigid now.

Now to this part will attach two of the three main bulkheads. But I'll leave that till the next (first) update.
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:02   #43
awratten
What's a Dremel?

awratten has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yet Again, Great workmanship. I can't wait to see the end result.
Who knows could be this years MOTY.
awratten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:30   #44
devilxc
Biding my time...

devilxc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Attila = sub'd!

Looking forward to this one. Great article in Custom PC btw.
devilxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 15:15   #45
lucasrubini
Minimodder

lucasrubini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love these metal works, especially those using thick metal pieces (I don't know why...). Yours is looking beautiful!

Where do you find these standoffs online? Tks
lucasrubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 19:02   #46
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes, awesome cornerpieces. Much better than the standoffs made from threaded rod that I suggested.

Now, tell us all, please, how you file the edges in such good looking 45 degree angles. Surely, this can't be done using just a manually operated hand file?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 19:37   #47
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Absolutely awesome sturdy supports & I forgot to comment about the custom pc feature, it was awesome .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 20:19   #48
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Love your work do you shape most of it by hand?

Cant wait to see the rest of the design.

Mark
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 21:59   #49
murtoz
Busy procrastinating

murtoz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Make case/win kit for new case/win kit for new case... You've set up some kind of perpetual motion machine!

QFT :-)

And amazing work as usual!

Last edited by murtoz; 2nd Mar 2011 at 22:05.
murtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 22:34   #50
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
D**************mmmmn, baby! -This has, 'motherboard as frame' written all over it!

Ethylene Glycol has a down side. It works great to prevent boiling over in a high temp system, but when added to a pc system, it raises the temperatures. It also attacks polycarbonate. I learned the last on the hard way.
TL;DR= EG will overheat a rig. Use it sparingly.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 06:09   #51
lucasrubini
Minimodder

Hi there,

Where can I find the standoffs you're using online, do you know?

Thanks!
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 08:48   #52
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Impressive, as usual!
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 10:56   #53
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by awratten View Post
Yet Again, Great workmanship. I can't wait to see the end result.
Who knows could be this years MOTY.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilxc View Post
Attila = sub'd!

Looking forward to this one. Great article in Custom PC btw.
Thanks. I haven't seen the mag (not available here) so I'm glad to hear it's OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasrubini View Post
I love these metal works, especially those using thick metal pieces (I don't know why...). Yours is looking beautiful!

Where do you find these standoffs online? Tks
Thanks. I bought those from a local electronics shop. Online? You'll have to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Yes, awesome cornerpieces. Much better than the standoffs made from threaded rod that I suggested.

Now, tell us all, please, how you file the edges in such good looking 45 degree angles. Surely, this can't be done using just a manually operated hand file?
Thanks. Haha, yes it's done by hand, is very easy and very quick. 45 degrees? not sure, I just took the corners off till it looked OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Absolutely awesome sturdy supports & I forgot to comment about the custom pc feature, it was awesome .
Yeah thanks, that's two thumbs up for the article so it must be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archtronics View Post
Love your work do you shape most of it by hand?

Cant wait to see the rest of the design.

Mark
Thanks. And yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtoz View Post
QFT :-)

And amazing work as usual!
Thanks murtoz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
D**************mmmmn, baby! -This has, 'motherboard as frame' written all over it!

Ethylene Glycol has a down side. It works great to prevent boiling over in a high temp system, but when added to a pc system, it raises the temperatures. It also attacks polycarbonate. I learned the last on the hard way.
TL;DR= EG will overheat a rig. Use it sparingly.
Haha, don't get too attached to it. I've just made a re-design and the tray is going on the pile under the bench.
Yep I'm going to experiment with anything I can find and there is always the option to swap out the copper parts for alu as a last resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyizom View Post
Impressive, as usual!
Thanks again nagy.
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 10:57   #54
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Hi there,

Where can I find the standoffs you're using online, do you know?

Thanks!
They look like they've been taken from a previously used case, but you can also order them from here (I dont know of any hardware/modding shops in Brazil)
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 16:23   #55
lucasrubini
Minimodder

Yep, it's hard to find those things here in Brazil, but I have some americans relatives that can send them through USPS

Thanks Mankz
Old 4th Mar 2011, 13:27   #56
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I am really considering to make a alu case. Great deal of my inspiration for my next project come from your projects.

Kudos

Quote:
Yep, it's hard to find those things here in Brazil, but I have some americans relatives that can send them through USPS

Thanks Mankz
As a matter of fact, you can go to the "Santa Efigenia" street to get those. They have plenty of those things in the transversal streets. Not exactly sure where...
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2011, 15:45   #57
Nitrixflare
Building and engineering enthusiast

Nitrixflare has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow that is amazing work! Could you please write a handbook or something? I'd definitely be the first one to get myself a copy! Really want to learn a lot from you.
Nitrixflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2011, 16:22   #58
Marcos_Viegas
Supermodder

Marcos_Viegas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW... i see another "case of year" coming...
Marcos_Viegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2011, 00:44   #59
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos_Viegas View Post
WOW... i see another "case of year" coming...
Yeah I'm still not up to the challenge of grand file master Attila , but it's not just the workmanship that goes into his projects, the designs are incredible also oh & the never ending quest for sheer perfection .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2011, 15:04   #60
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yet another A* project in the making

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, oldnewby

View Mode