bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 17th Mar 2011, 11:06   #101
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Sweet rad, wont half the air just get pushed out the sides though?
+1 to that .

Everything looks fantastic man as always but I worry about the temps too.
If you take in count the custom blocks and the radiator fans spacing and the lack of shrouds and frame, the performance lack will be big IMHO. If you are not going to overclock then I guess you will be fine!

Keep up the awesome quality of work buddy!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 11:33   #102
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Thanks for the replies everyone.

You guys really have to wait a while. I did mention that the rad assembly will fit into it's own separate compartment. There wont be any 'leakage'.
Old 17th Mar 2011, 12:00   #103
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yet more awesome work from Attila Can't wait for more.

I'd be having words with Coolermaster if i were you. Those fans looks suspiciously similar to something from your previous mod wouldn't you say
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 15:19   #104
skreenname
Allons-y!

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks great so far.
Gotta hate having to redo the GPU block though.

Also, if you've powered on/ played with those fans, how do you like them?
I've been thinking those would be great to replace what I have now.

Last edited by skreenname; 17th Mar 2011 at 19:31.
skreenname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 22:07   #105
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking to dominate the CM contest now too?

Those fans do look neat. I can see why you would go for them.
I could never figure out how some people can keep a super-clean garage like that. Mine looks like a car was driven through the back wall. -Oh, wait... the previous owners did that, like, three times.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 22:52   #106
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by awratten View Post
WOW, Love the Radiator...

so you can't get a PCI extender that sticks out the other side???
Actually, now that you mention it, I don't know. It sure would have been handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Yet more awesome work from Attila Can't wait for more.

I'd be having words with Coolermaster if i were you. Those fans looks suspiciously similar to something from your previous mod wouldn't you say
Thanks. You know these fan blades would have looked so much better in the bodies I made for Na'ir. More 'turbine' like. Just a bit late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreenname View Post
Looks great so far.
Gotta hate having to redo the GPU block though.

Also, if you've powered on/ played with those fans, how do you like them?
I've been thinking those would be great to replace what I have now.
Thanks. No, I haven't but what I've read suggests they are well suited to the placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Looking to dominate the CM contest now too?

Those fans do look neat. I can see why you would go for them.
I could never figure out how some people can keep a super-clean garage like that. Mine looks like a car was driven through the back wall. -Oh, wait... the previous owners did that, like, three times.

I've looked into the CM contest but there's no way I can meet the deadline. I may not even finish this year.
Old 17th Mar 2011, 23:02   #107
brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You don't need to finish anything. We just want to keep reading all of your mind boggling updates for many more years
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 03:14   #108
awratten
What's a Dremel?

awratten has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know you've probably already gone too far with the new block to bother, but would This work?

the cable sticks straight out the back so you shouldn't have any problems with the cable interfering with the water block.

Last edited by awratten; 18th Mar 2011 at 03:26.
awratten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 18:28   #109
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey, by using a PCI-E extension cable, you have some more cables to sleeve, haha. A sleeved PCI-E extension cable... wouldn't that be a first?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 06:46   #110
Attila
still thinking....

Here are a few photo's of the (largely) completed CPU block. Please note this is only a test/pic fitting so the retaining bracket is not used here. For more info on how this was made, see here.

The idea at the moment is to anodise these blocks blue.
Now to the GPU block. This could take a while.
Old 21st Mar 2011, 07:36   #111
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
oooh shiny, melikes!

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 07:38   #112
IcyAero
Modder

IcyAero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking absolutely fabulous!

However, if I was to access same hardware and waterblocks and was designing a small case,
I'd move the GPU ontop of the CPU - to safe space.
IcyAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 08:59   #113
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey, Attila - the CPU block looks really good, but how about having those waterblocks anodized blue to match the MOBO and the RAM?

Old 21st Mar 2011, 09:16   #114
IcyAero
Modder

IcyAero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Hey, Attila - the CPU block looks really good, but how about having those waterblocks anodized blue to match the MOBO and the RAM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
The idea at the moment is to anodise these blocks blue.
IcyAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 09:49   #115
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
*squirt, squirt, dribble, dribble, ooze, ooze, ooooooooooooze*

Hell of a good way to start a monday morning

Looking awesome Attila
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 10:11   #116
RonanH
mod-envious

RonanH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn that's some sexy clean waterblockage
RonanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 10:11   #117
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Beautiful work looking forward to see how the anodising turns out.
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 11:08   #118
Nutman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyAero View Post
Yes, apperently, I can't read....

Old 21st Mar 2011, 11:14   #119
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyAero View Post
Looking absolutely fabulous!

However, if I was to access same hardware and waterblocks and was designing a small case,
I'd move the GPU ontop of the CPU - to safe space.
That would mean making a double-sided waterblock!

I commend this idea to the house.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 11:23   #120
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome CPU block Attila

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, oldnewby

View Mode