bit-tech.net

Old 22nd Mar 2011, 11:25   #141
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
With all the alu work that you do, you REALLY need a CNC Router.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 01:05   #142
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some good information here.

Essentially, if you put copper and aluminum together, you will dissolve the aluminum. This doesn't take into account the reactivity of the water that you put in, however. Yes, it will be 'pure' water initially, but as soon as it touches anything it will start sucking up ions, making it more and more conductive.

Edit: A much easier to read table.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 03:30   #143
Nitrixflare
Building and engineering enthusiast

Nitrixflare has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@nutman: he does it all by hand, that's what makes him so amazing.
Nitrixflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 05:27   #144
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
All aluminum system end of topic

Hi Attila very nice redo. Maybe some grooves or channels around the block would fit with your build
craig - toyoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 06:43   #145
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
With all the alu work that you do, you REALLY need a CNC Router.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrixflare View Post
@nutman: he does it all by hand, that's what makes him so amazing.
A big machine would be great. But this would have it's down side, which I wont go into here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
Some good information here.

Essentially, if you put copper and aluminum together, you will dissolve the aluminum. This doesn't take into account the reactivity of the water that you put in, however. Yes, it will be 'pure' water initially, but as soon as it touches anything it will start sucking up ions, making it more and more conductive.

Edit: A much easier to read table.
I've seen lots of those charts but not the two you've linked to here. The second one is particularly helpful. It seems, if I'm reading it right, that copper is a big , but brass is within acceptable limits. This could mean that the radiator can stay.

Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
All aluminum system end of topic

Hi Attila very nice redo. Maybe some grooves or channels around the block would fit with your build
Thanks Craig. Yes there is quite a lot of surplus material to get rid of. See below.

I had enough time (made enough ) to finish the channels and water feeds today.

Drilling the holes first made routing much easier.

Some of you may not know what I'm using to cut the channels. I'ts a Ryobi trimmer that takes 1/4 inch bits. With a 10 mm carbide bit.

Dropping down vertical is a hit and miss affair so there are some rough spots, but I'm happy with the result.

Then the feeds are drilled (10 mm).

Now the shaded area is all useless material, so I may as well try some decoration on the way to removing it. If it works it can stay, if not it'll go.

Old 23rd Mar 2011, 06:55   #146
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Attila you always amaze me & inspire me with your awesome manual ways , sky's the limit it seems .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 07:41   #147
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Rough spots? Sure...

Dude, this looks amazing!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 13:23   #148
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Nice, now I see other side maybe some steps along that "V"
craig - toyoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 16:57   #149
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Daaaang! I never built up the nerve to hand rout aluminum. any problems with it trying to grab?
I pretty sure you removed the excess already, but some perpendicular fins sawed into that area would be cool.
-Just promise us you will mount the whole thing in a jig to do it...
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 17:25   #150
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yeah, it looks like Attila went about using the press drill and subsequently the router WITHOUT securing the piece in a jig - madness. Think about it breaking your fingers if not secured properly.
You must have the fingerstrength of the Hulk.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 17:39   #151
Vaptor-x
Multimodder

Vaptor-x has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This mod looks amazing!
How could I have missed it....
Vaptor-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 18:05   #152
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
How did I not find this beforehand? A new Attila mod, no less?! Subbed!
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 19:04   #153
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Impressive work with that handheld router

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:28   #154
Obsidian Rift
What's a Dremel?

Obsidian Rift has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi Attila! I am a admirer of your awesome metal work and attention to details! (been going tru all your work logs n website for the past 3days n counting... ) You've inspired me to start working on my scratch build... in ALUMINIUM of course!! Keep up the good work!!

**Btw what drill press would you recommend/ you using? Thanks!
Obsidian Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2011, 06:01   #155
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Thanks a lot guys.

The router is hand held (very firmly with both hands). I haven't had any problems with it wanting to do it's own thing. The main problem is lowering the bit into the work, very hard to get it to go into the cut without taking a chunk out of the side.
My drill press is set up 'just so'. This means, basically, that anytime the drill gets stuck in the work, the belts just 'slip' and I can turn off the drill and extricate the work piece from the drill bit. So, yes, I do hold most things with my left hand while drilling. As with anything to do with power tools., ALWAYS give 100 percent of your attention to the job at hand.

I do not recommend doing anything as described above.

@ Obsidian Rift., The drill press I bought about a year ago is a Chinese generic model made for a zillion different companies that just put thier name on the outside. You will be able to buy one like this or similar, anywhere in the world. This one cost me about $370 but I just received a catalogue in the mail, and this model is on sale for $280. Considering the good quality and the amount of materials and work that has gone into this, these prices are amazing. This drill press is a floor standing model, is big, heavy and well made. Here are some pic's.

Old 27th Mar 2011, 08:01   #156
ianclowe4c
Minimodder

ianclowe4c has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is some fantastic work. I wish I had the tools that you do in order to do some mods. Sadly, I must just use my dremel at the moment.

-ianclowe4c
ianclowe4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2011, 16:54   #157
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow Great metal job. I like your style
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2011, 17:59   #158
Obsidian Rift
What's a Dremel?

Obsidian Rift has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the reply! Will search tru the "zillions" of China supplier now! ;]

Really looking forward to your next update! Cheers!
Obsidian Rift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2011, 00:52   #159
Pelihirmu
Supermodder

Pelihirmu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianclowe4c View Post
This is some fantastic work. I wish I had the tools that you do in order to do some mods. Sadly, I must just use my dremel at the moment.

-ianclowe4c
+1 for that, sadly And don't manage to find time anymore for modding or extra money

But great job so far! Subscribing
Pelihirmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2011, 10:40   #160
Tonton Buddy
Minimodder

Tonton Buddy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi!!

I'me really fan of ur idea!!

Place the GPU parallel at the motherboard is great!!!

I shall be watching, keep up the good work.
Tonton Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, oldnewby

View Mode