bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Mar 2011, 10:48   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Team Meat slams Microsoft's Xbox support

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...xbox-support/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:01   #2
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no surprise that Valve is better than Microsoft when it comes to games...dedicated games company vs. jack-of-all-trades...no contest really
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:06   #3
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What was this game again?

It was promoted on Steam?

I'm on Steam every day and the only promotion I've seen about this game is this topic. Looking at the review Bit-Tech have done, I can see why XBLA pushed it back down the line.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:17   #4
bob_lewis
Lurker extraordinaire

bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips

I'm on Steam every day and the only promotion I've seen about this game is this topic. Looking at the review Bit-Tech have done, I can see why XBLA pushed it back down the line.
Umm, what?

The game's great, and I seem to recall it was featured on the Steam Store frontpage for several weeks. I snagged it on the Christmas sale. A steal.
bob_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:24   #5
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
sales easily surpassing those on consoles.
surprise, surprise, a good innovative game sales better on PC!

*waits for Crytek to cry about lack of sales for their consolified Crysis 2 (press Start to begin)*
Old 1st Mar 2011, 11:29   #6
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's all about writing a contract that has clause in store for when one party fails to meet their part. Better luck next time.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 12:02   #7
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Seriously, I had no knowledge of this game until today.

Is it still priced at £11.99? I picked up BF2 with all the updates for £4 more last night which would probably give me more enjoyment.
Old 1st Mar 2011, 13:28   #8
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
@snips.

I would probably enjoy this more and it's cheaper. Each to their own.
Old 1st Mar 2011, 14:31   #9
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
M$ are slowly getting better but ALOT to do on the backend to get things flowing right. Fingers crossed the pay steam to take over and run games for Windows which would never happen.
M$ should just buy steam, leave it with Valve to manage but change to a open games market so have ONE centralised store.
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 15:01   #10
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_lewis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips

Umm, what?

The game's great, and I seem to recall it was featured on the Steam Store frontpage for several weeks. I snagged it on the Christmas sale. A steal.
Yes it was featured on the Steam store front page thing, might have even been on there more than once, definitely for at least a week though.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 15:11   #11
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_iii View Post
M$ are slowly getting better but ALOT to do on the backend to get things flowing right. Fingers crossed the pay steam to take over and run games for Windows which would never happen.
M$ should just buy steam, leave it with Valve to manage but change to a open games market so have ONE centralised store.
NO! MS should leave Steam alone and leave valve alone! Wouldn't be the first company they've bought and killed even with the best of intentions.
Old 1st Mar 2011, 15:23   #12
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Microsoft doesn't have to do anything. Just checked on Steam and this game doesn't even sit in their first 10 Indie games.

This Rant by Team Meat is to drum up new publicity. To get that publicity you pick the biggest dog on the block, who every enjoys taking a pop at and get stuck in.

If I were Microsoft I'd tell Team Meat to take a hike. I'm sure whenever their next game is out they will be cap in hand to Microsoft saying "PPWWWEEEAAASSEE promote our game!"
Old 1st Mar 2011, 16:34   #13
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
This game was all over steam front page for ages a month or two ago, I can't understand how people missed it.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

Steam: SMIFFY
SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2011, 17:23   #14
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Was it written into your contract in detail what you would get? Otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on. Sucks I know, but it's all about the contract.
Old 1st Mar 2011, 17:24   #15
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1
Was it written into your contract in detail what you would get? Otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on. Sucks I know, but it's all about the contract.
This +1
Old 1st Mar 2011, 22:57   #16
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snips View Post

That must have been one hell of a comfy rock you were hiding under
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 09:05   #17
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Judging by the buy figures, there's an awful lot of these rocks around!
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 09:25   #18
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I have a dirty mind
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 10:46   #19
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Quote:
I'm sorry, but every time I see "M$" all I see is
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 12:15   #20
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcar
Quote:
I'm sorry, but every time I see "M$" all I see is
That is exactly the image I get. He He