bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Mar 2011, 12:36   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Minecraft developer announces Scrolls

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nces-scrolls/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:05   #2
Mraedis
Multimodder

Mraedis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't see the appeal of this type of cardgames, personally. There are already a ****ton of them out there and a 'new and unique' way of battling? Please. See first then believe.

Last edited by CardJoe; 2nd Mar 2011 at 13:39. Reason: fixed, thanks
Mraedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:17   #3
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds interesting, wonder what they are planning to make it a new and unique experience.
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:45   #4
Flanananagan
Modder

Flanananagan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope this doesn't flop...

I unfortunately think it will though . A pretty poor follow up to the hype of Minecraft.
Flanananagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 14:02   #5
KayDat
Multimodder

KayDat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I believe in the heart of the cards...to summon Exodia, the Forbidden One!
KayDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 15:38   #6
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The thing you're all missing is that I don't think they're looking for a massive success with this though. They've made enough money with Minecraft that they can afford to take risks, and apparently this is the game they've always wanted to make. It might not be for you (it's probably not for me either tbh) but if they get a big enough audience they'll do alright out of it. Also, they've said that if the game doesn't do well they're prepared to cut their losses, which is a pretty hard thing to do if it's the game you've always wanted to make.

One other thing, before people start complaining about Mojang neglecting Minecraft, Notch is still full-time on that (aside from office Nerf-battles) and there is another member of staff who is putting as much work in as Notch was before Minecraft went viral. Apparently about half the staff (of about 9) are working on Scrolls, and when you bear in mind that Minecraft was just 1 guy originally there's no reason to believe that work on Minecraft will be slowing down any time soon.
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 17:19   #7
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Cards belong in pockets not on hard drives
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 17:32   #8
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFYDUDE View Post
Cards belong in pockets not on hard drives
What about vCards? (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 01:05   #9
sausages
Banned

sausages has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The 'progress' of Minecraft couldn't be any slower. But I'm excited about this new game. I love card games, and MTG is/was great. I don't like it so much any more because they are releasing new sets far too often and they are becoming too overpowered, and it's expensive to play that game. So a good and cheaper alternative could be great.
sausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2011, 14:19   #10
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I really want them to concentrate on Minecraft: fix the bugs and actually get it to final release, but that's just because Minecraft is so much damned fun!

Good on Mojang as far as I'm concerned. It's great that they can now afford to diversify and take risks on new projects; this company is a real success story. If it's something that they've always wanted to do, you can be damn sure that they won't put out something half-arsed.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote