bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Gigabyte

Old 20th Mar 2011, 09:17   #1
Alistair
Supermodder

Alistair has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
H55N-USB3 stalling when booting

My board has this strange behavior if the pc has been off for a while. When it tries to boot in ahci mode, it can't complete the scan of drives present, it just seems to hang after finding say the first hard drive. The only way i have found round this is to go into the bios & change it to ide mode or reflash the bios.

Has anyone else come across this & if so what solutions have you found?
Old 20th Mar 2011, 09:43   #2
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is it the same as this BIOS issue reported by anandtech.com?

Quote:
Setting AHCI mode for SATA ports results in not being able to boot from our Pioneer 215-DBK SATA DVD drive (IDE mode works fine). Fortunately there is a workaround for this, press the pause key during the POST sequence just before the drive boot sequence starts, let the board pause for a few seconds and then resume. We’ve reported the problem to Gigabyte and a fix BIOS should be up on the support site shortly, so you won’t need to work around if you flash over.
Old 20th Mar 2011, 09:59   #3
Alistair
Supermodder

Yes, that sound like it. I have 3 sata devices:

Intel 40GB SSD
320 GB WD Scorpio
Lite On Slimline DVD Writer

Its just thats this system is now going to my brother & he's not to tech savy so was hoping for a permanent fix, so i don't get too many phone calls
Old 20th Mar 2011, 11:23   #4
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Are you reflashing with the latest F5 BIOS? That article was from June last year and the latest BIOS was released 2 months after that so perhaps there's a fix in there?
Old 20th Mar 2011, 11:39   #5
Alistair
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
Are you reflashing with the latest F5 BIOS? That article was from June last year and the latest BIOS was released 2 months after that so perhaps there's a fix in there?
Yes, its using the latest BIOS. It can be quite temperamental. Sometimes on rebooting it can happen, most of the time its ok