1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Seasonic or Corsair?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sparky1987, 13 Mar 2011.

1. Sparky1987

Sparky1987 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I've got a little dilemma, I'm currenty in the Market for hardware, to use in my new ongoing build the psu I was going to get a Seasonic X760watt from scan at around £166, I've now found the corsair AX750watt psu a load cheaper, is there any real difference in quality?

What would you go for?

Seasonic X760 or Corsair AX750.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

They are both great PSUs, so I'd get the cheaper one

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Personally, I'd get the Seasonic one. As said, both are great PSUs, but the Seasonic X-760 is a 2nd generation X-Series PSU, while the AX750 is based off Seasonic's 1st generation X-Series. Yes, Seasonic ultimately manufactures both PSUs.

But of course, there can be money to save by getting the Corsair one. Around here I'd have to pay about £5 more for the Seasonic model so for me it would be a no-brainer. Corsair has nicer cables, though... :)

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I thought they were pretty much the same thing these days? I've got a seasonic in my older rig, and a corsair hx 750 in my current one. They both got stellar reviews, so just get whatever has a better waranty, or that is cheaper.

5. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Do corsair not use Seasonic as their oem? I'd just go for which ever is the cheaper one, 10w wont make any difference and there both good brands.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

As stated, both top PSUs and you can't really go wrong.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Xfx 750 would get my recommendations above both

Seasonic is way over priced at £166 The xfx is a rebranded seasonic for around £100

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Yes the XFX is a Seasonic unit too but it's an older design aswell, Seasonic's own and the Corsair are both the newer generation, 80Plus Gold and fully modular.

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The difference betweent hese two are :
    • Different label and color of the PSU itself.
    • Different type and color of cable set
    • Packaging.

Otherwise, they are exactly the same thing. Including the internals, including the fan, including everything.

XFX is Seasonic 80Plus Bronze M12II design AFAIK. And it is same with Antec TruePower New, again Seasonic 80Plus Bronze design.

10. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Naturally I'm going to say Seasonic... love my X-750.

11. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

The Truepower new is a Seasonic design, but it's NOT a M12D.

As for Seasonic X and Corsair AX being the same thing. Yeah, that was true a few months back, but I've not seen anything on the "new" X series units from Seasonic. They could have modified internals. What we DO know is that they are vastly more expensive than the models they replaced and therefore, the scales tip towards Corsair in my view.

And that's coming from a very happy Seasonic X-650 owner.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The TruePower New could be best described as a "cousin" of the M12D, it is a Seasonic design with some identical components (e.g. the VRM) but with slight differences on others.

13. faugusztin

AX750, X-750 and X-650 owner here :D. If there is any difference between X-760 and AX750, it will still be neglible for user, as both are 80Plus Gold and both are Seasonic made (means quality).

For me the use of AX750 in main PC comes down to visuals, as X750 is visually better than Seasonic PSUs, mainly because of the all black cables.

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

if your going to go for the Seasonic then your not far off the price of an Enermax Revolution, which is the best ever PSU... So the Corsair or the Enermax really...

15. faugusztin

Why should he choose a worse PSU (yes, Enermax is worse) ? And i personally have issues with Enermax, especially with their RMA service (last time they took over 40 days to RMA my PSU, while legal limit in my country is 30 days) plus their fans die very quickly if you are a silence freak as me (my Modu82-425 fan started clicking after 3-4 months).

Seasonic X/Corsair AX is a superior PSU compared to Enermax Revolution 85+.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Erm... You are very much wrong... All reviews of the Revolution rate it as the best there is. You can't view it in the same way as a lesser Enermax PSU just because you got bad service...

17. faugusztin

Show me a review which rates Enermax Revolution higher than Seasonic X or Corsair AX. Enermax Revolution is 85+ Silver, Seasonic/Corsair is 80+ Gold. If nothing else, this itself makes Revolution a worse choice.

Enermax Modu82 was also the highend model at that time, and RMA is a feature of a brand, not model. We were talking about RMA service of Enermax itself, not the shop i bought it from (they were communicating me when and what Enermax were doing, when did Enermax received my PSU, when they sent it back etc etc).

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Okay this is getting boring now. Right off the bat the enermax is only 80Plus Silver, it's not fully modular and it only has a 5 year warranty. So please tell us, how exactly is it the best power supply in existence?

19. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

There's a review of the 2nd generation X-560 over on JonnyGuru.com. As far as I recall, they stated it's probably THE best PSU they've ever tested.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The Revolution reviews would be pretty old now - the Seasonic X-series came out after them when the bar had moved. Enermax just annouced its latest premium, Platinum rated series at CeBIT afaik.

Personally I'd still go Seasonic, but Corsair is probably cheaper and there's not much difference between both series: it's like choosing which Ferrari you're going to buy. Enzo, or F430? Hmm..