bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 15th Mar 2011, 13:47   #41
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
It also fails to take packet loss into account, 1587GB maybe sent but on average less than 37.5MB is received
depends on your aim.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 13:51   #42
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizo View Post
Cockroaches can survive a nuclear fallout. (THEN WTF IS INSIDE A CAN OF RAID?!)
The main ingredient of fly spray is Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor; acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that is used by the body (including humans and insects) to transfer signals from one nerve cell to another. It is broken down by the enzyme acetylcholinesterase very quickly, otherwise the target nerve cell keeps firing. The inhibitor in fly sprays blocks the breakdown of this neurotransmitter, meaning that all of the nerve cells keep firing non-stop and the fly convulses itself to death. It works on insects so effectively because of the relatively large dose per unit body weight, but also because insects absorb oxygen (and insect sprays) directly into the blood. Direct ingestion of a large enough inhibitor would cause a similar effect in a human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1son View Post
Water is heavyset at 4c as thats when its at its most dense! That why the whole of the pond doesn't freeze!
It's also why frogs and fish can survive in frozen ponds - they simply go to the bottom of the pond where the temp is a constant 4c and the water is still fluid.
Old 15th Mar 2011, 13:53   #43
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Yea but all those sperm are the same, so with data compression that 1587GB could be not much larger than the original.

Impregnating her with a zip file might not work so well though.
Errr.... Actually every one is different...
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 13:59   #44
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hot water will freeze faster than cold water in most situations, it's called the Mpemba effect named after the student who first obserbved it during an ice-cream making session. (And I didn't just find this on wikipedia.)
Ending Credits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 14:02   #45
Omega Point
Supermodder

Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Omega Point - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewb View Post
Errr.... Actually every one is different...
You would still get a good compression ratio as a sizable chunk is the same, also DNA should compress quite well anyway.

yUCihYVAqJakQJKVlqZAgYKWpKNAxcLDxMnDa0CmhZOTQISWlY VLQMiWpoWlhZlAyUCBlECilpmZqECjlkCJlYaWmZRAqJakQKOI hZmFQImiQJWWQJeZiamFa0CVlqNAhaWFlUCDgZKFSw==
Omega Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 15:12   #46
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Non-processed cheese (e.g., Stilton), red wine, and marmite, contain a compound similar to amphetamine (but unable to cross the blood-brain barrier), known as tyramine.

It is broken down by monoamineoxidase enzymes in the gut wall. Thus, if you take MAO inhibitors (they are common antidepressants) you can absorb lethal amounts of tyramine, causing hypertensive crisis. This is known as 'Cheese syndrome'.

Found that out in my lecture today

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL

Last edited by pimonserry; 15th Mar 2011 at 21:42.
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 19:16   #47
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sterling silver is not pure silver. Because pure silver is too soft to be used in most tableware, it is mixed with copper in the proportion of 92.5% silver, to 7.5% copper.

Dissing Chuck Norris since 1984.
klaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 20:13   #48
kevintanto
What's a Dremel?

kevintanto has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars-bar-man View Post
1 sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it.
That means a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1587GB in about 3 seconds...
I'd imagine it would be less enjoyable if you ejaculated out a 1.5TB hard drive...
kevintanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 21:10   #49
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintanto View Post
I'd imagine it would be less enjoyable if you ejaculated out a 1.5TB hard drive...
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Ending Credits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 21:38   #50
Cookie Monster
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.Cookie Monster is definitely a rep cheat.
The white powder inside bicycle innertubes is ground fish bones which is why all innertubes smell fishy.
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2011, 21:46   #51
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
Not to mention the increase i data storage abilities!
Old 15th Mar 2011, 22:10   #52
quietguy
D'orc

quietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysisquietguy can run Crysis
The first airplane in the Yukon Territory crash landed on the first car in the Yukon Territory. Also, Half&Half non-dairy creamer has 3 ingredients.
Old 15th Mar 2011, 23:26   #53
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If every byte of data processed by Google in one day was a grain of rice, those grains laid out end to end would stretch far enough to create a figure of 8 going around the Earth and the Sun. (approximately)

The first powered flight by the Wright Brothers was shorter than the wingspan of a Boeing 707 (and all larger aircraft).

Sir Patrick Moore is the only person ever to meet the first person to fly (Orville Wright), first person in space (Yuri Gagarin) and the first man on the moon (Neil Armstrong).
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 05:58   #54
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
Not to mention the fact that there would be a lot of people out there with more storage space than google!
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 06:34   #55
ulfar
holy s**t, i can change this?

ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ulfar is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
if you snort 20 000 litres of kefir (russian yoghurt) you get high.
or if you eat 10 kg dill you die.
ulfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 06:42   #56
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Im pretty sure eating 10kg of anything would kill you.

Well, you'd be violently sick because you've overloaded your stomach instead.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 06:48   #57
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
The animal referred to as a unicorn in some translations of the Bible (king, James, I believe) is more commonly believed to be an Aurochs, a form of cattle that stood 2 metres high at the shoulder. The Aurochs is often drawn from a side perspective where only one horn can be seen. The Original Hebre word that leads to this translation discrepancy is "re'em".

something I picked up over the weekend while talking to my creationalist sister about fantasy creatures. Thank you, Wikipedia.
Old 16th Mar 2011, 06:58   #58
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.Cthippo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
The animal referred to as a unicorn in some translations of the Bible (king, James, I believe) is more commonly believed to be an Aurochs, a form of cattle that stood 2 metres high at the shoulder. The Aurochs is often drawn from a side perspective where only one horn can be seen. The Original Hebre word that leads to this translation discrepancy is "re'em".

something I picked up over the weekend while talking to my creationalist sister about fantasy creatures. Thank you, Wikipedia.

There is a project going on to create Aurochs from remnant DNA.

The entirety of the Wright Brother's first flight could have taken place inside the cargo hold of a C-5 Galaxy.

Caffeine is not absorbed by the body but rather passes through unchanged. The caffien molecule binds competitively to a neuro receptor preventing the regular neurotransmitter from bonding. Because caffeine does not exist in a pure form in nature it is sometimes used as a tracer to look for sewage leaks. They tried this in Seattle once but found the background level from everyone dumping their coffee out was so high that it didn't work.
Old 16th Mar 2011, 09:25   #59
lp1988
Ultramodder

lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Maersk's container ships release more CO2 than the entire of Denmark does.

NE AUDERIS DELERE ORBEM RIGIDUM MEUM.
lp1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 09:36   #60
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Bamboo is the tallest growing grass

Tags
facts are facts, thats a fact

View Mode