bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 16th Mar 2011, 19:50   #81
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
The term ‘computer bug’ was coined after a moth flew into into a computer’s circuitry.

The moth was discovered on the circuit board of the U.S. Navy’s Mark II Aiken Relay Calculator while it was being tested at Harvard University in September 1947. After removing the pesky insect, the machine’s operators put out the word that they had “debugged” the computer, which grew into the technical term for identifying and removing errors in computer hardware and software!
Old 16th Mar 2011, 20:12   #82
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
So what did you do differently on the sixth attempt?
Moved the trampoline :P
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 20:34   #83
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You CAN polish a turd!
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 20:46   #84
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The packing efficiency of M&Ms is around 74% (from the top of my head).
Old 16th Mar 2011, 21:13   #85
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
You can drink a gallon of beer or water in less than an hour, you cannot drink a gallon of milk in the same timeframe

(this has something to do with the fat in milk not being readily absorbed into the body, it might be possible with skim milk)

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 21:16   #86
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontail View Post
The packing efficiency of M&Ms is around 74% (from the top of my head).
So what's the packing efficiency of putting them in a bag?
Old 16th Mar 2011, 21:24   #87
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisa666 View Post
The term ‘computer bug’ was coined after a moth flew into into a computer’s circuitry.

The moth was discovered on the circuit board of the U.S. Navy’s Mark II Aiken Relay Calculator while it was being tested at Harvard University in September 1947. After removing the pesky insect, the machine’s operators put out the word that they had “debugged” the computer, which grew into the technical term for identifying and removing errors in computer hardware and software!
While the story is true, the use of the word bug for unexpected issue in a mechanical system predates this.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 21:34   #88
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo View Post
So what's the packing efficiency of putting them in a bag?
Packing efficiency is a constant. Provided you're not limited by the number of M&Ms in a given volume, you'll always get 74% packing efficiency.

Ever see those "Guess how many sweets in this jar?" puzzles? A similar method can be used to calculate the number of sweets in said jar with pretty good precision given that (a) the sweet is of a fairly regular shape and (b) the volume of the jar can be estimated.
Old 16th Mar 2011, 22:33   #89
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The military hardware known as a 'tank' derives its name from the first tanks being transported to battle in high secrecy inside large shipping crates with 'Water Tank' painted on them.

Voyager 1 is still responding to commands from Earth despite being 187 AU away from earth. (1 AU being the same 92 million miles between the Earth and the Sun).

If light was instantaneous (i.e. didn't travel) the entire sky would be illuminated by stars.

Despite the famous phrase the Ford Model-T was never produced in black.

The Z-Cars were actually yellow since white didn't show correctly in black and white TV recordings.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 22:41   #90
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Packing efficiency is a constant. Provided you're not limited by the number of M&Ms in a given volume, you'll always get 74% packing efficiency.
Without wishing to patronise you, I think you missed the joke .

Also, I think the packing efficiency for M&Ms would be different from 74% as they are not spherical - I'd bet on higher.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 22:47   #91
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
1/3 of all Taiwanese funeral processions include a stripper.

The only food cockroaches won't eat are cucumbers.

The only nation whose name begins with an "A", but doesn't end in an "A" is Afghanistan.

Dissing Chuck Norris since 1984.
klaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 23:01   #92
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
Without wishing to patronise you, I think you missed the joke .

Also, I think the packing efficiency for M&Ms would be different from 74% as they are not spherical - I'd bet on higher.
Went totally over my head, haha.

I stand corrected, it's a packing fraction of (66.5±1)% in a disordered fashion. 74% is the highest packing fraction (gets closer to this as the structure tends to FCC I guess). Probs should have checked first but there ya go!

source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum
Old 16th Mar 2011, 23:25   #93
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Went totally over my head, haha.

I stand corrected, it's a packing fraction of (66.5±1)% in a disordered fashion. 74% is the highest packing fraction (gets closer to this as the structure tends to FCC I guess). Probs should have checked first but there ya go!

source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

I have no idea what any of this means. I'm just going to laugh to fit in with the crowd....

ha ha HAAAAAA

Old 16th Mar 2011, 23:32   #94
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Ah, so they do pack better than spherical particles. I wish I could reference M&Ms in a paper!

And next time, link a paper from Sciencedirect - I can read the whole thing then .
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2011, 23:49   #95
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
So what did you do differently on the sixth attempt?
It ran out of lives?

Speaking of which, apparently the possibly-a-myth-after-all thing about cats having nine lives dates from ancient Eypt, where a sun God was credited with giving life to four major gods, and four elements. 1 + 4 + 4 = 9 - and this God apparently took the form of a cat for visits to the underworld.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 00:16   #96
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Despite the famous phrase the Ford Model-T was never produced in black.

Old 17th Mar 2011, 00:28   #97
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars-bar-man View Post

Hmmm........

Its red you know, that the Ford Model-T never came in. Everyone knows that.

Old 17th Mar 2011, 00:44   #98
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They're later models. After further investigation they were sold in black but not during the first years of production (1908-1914).

Meh, teach me to not check on stuff first :P lol
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 01:27   #99
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
A magnitude 9 earthquake would be the equivalent of the entire UK's annual energy use in a single event. So that includes things like nuclear power stations and so on. The earthquake which hit in Japan recently was 8.9...

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 01:46   #100
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's been upgraded to a full 9.0

Tags
facts are facts, thats a fact

View Mode