bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 17th Mar 2011, 18:56   #121
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Anatidaephobia is completely real and geniune and is the fear that some time, somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
Hardly real. It's just the conjunction of greco-roman morphemes to create a word that means fear of being watched by a duck.

You could easily make up a word like that for the fear of anything. That doesn't mean Anatidaephobia is "real" or "genuine". I'd be surprised if you can find a single decent source recording such a thing, in fact.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2011, 21:02   #122
dragontail
5bet Bluffer

dragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldragontail has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here's two bits of fairly obscure poker trivia I've picked up over the years from the great people at 2+2:

In an average game of Hold'em poker, high value cards (ace, king, etc) are statistically more likely to be dealt on the community board (flop, turn, river) than lower valued cards (deuce, trey, etc).

In an average game of Hold'em poker, for any given hand, the statistical probability of an ace or king being dealt on the community board (flop, turn or river) increases with the number of players who folded preflop.
Old 17th Mar 2011, 23:43   #123
cowinspace
Bikini Whale

cowinspace has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I walked 880000 yards, then walked the same again and proceeded to collapse in your doorway. I would be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall down at your door. (bah dum tish)

And a real one. Just twenty seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11's lunar module landed on the moon.
cowinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 15:29   #124
Kúsař
regular bit-tech reader

Kúsař has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Did you know it's possible to plug AC adapter, which is bundled with Aspire One, into it's headphone input? It's advisable to not try this. Because if you do so, audio amplifier will begin to emit puffs of smoke in precise intervals - like steam engine - thanks to short circuit protection of AC adapter(it matches power LED indication on adapter too). As a side effect it will render laptop unusable...
Kúsař is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 15:47   #125
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kúsař View Post
Did you know it's possible to plug AC adapter, which is bundled with Aspire One, into it's headphone input? It's advisable to not try this. Because if you do so, audio amplifier will begin to emit puffs of smoke in precise intervals - like steam engine - thanks to short circuit protection of AC adapter(it matches power LED indication on adapter too). As a side effect it will render laptop unusable...

Duly noted .. I will not try this.
Thank you for the heads up
Old 18th Mar 2011, 16:15   #126
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowinspace View Post
And a real one. Just twenty seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11's lunar module landed on the moon.
A related one: After the Shuttle launches and the SRBs and external tank separate, the tanks are emtpy and the only fuel remaining is roughly the equivalent of your height in the fuel line. The reason is that excess fuel is excess weight, and every pound you can shave off of the launch weight equals one more pound of cargo.

Also, the Shuttle reaches 100mph before it clears the tower.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 16:35   #127
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonkey View Post
A related one: After the Shuttle launches and the SRBs and external tank separate, the tanks are emtpy and the only fuel remaining is roughly the equivalent of your height in the fuel line. The reason is that excess fuel is excess weight, and every pound you can shave off of the launch weight equals one more pound of cargo.

Also, the Shuttle reaches 100mph before it clears the tower.
This one is hard to believe (not that i am doubting this fact) because we always see launches from so far away and the whole machine is so huge that it looks like it's barely moving
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 21:26   #128
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
Hardly real. It's just the conjunction of greco-roman morphemes to create a word that means fear of being watched by a duck.

You could easily make up a word like that for the fear of anything. That doesn't mean Anatidaephobia is "real" or "genuine". I'd be surprised if you can find a single decent source recording such a thing, in fact.
I think the term originated with Gary Larson in a Far Side cartoon. Technically, Anatidae is the order to which ducks belong and so Anatidaephobia is the fear of ducks, whether they are looking at you or not.
Old 19th Mar 2011, 13:20   #129
lp1988
Ultramodder

lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.lp1988 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
On dating sites a man's chances for getting a date decreases with his hight when this is under 178 CM.

Females get fewer dates the higher their education is.

In average people lie their hight two centimetres taller on dating sites.

Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t. The same study found that men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000

Match.com reports that 44% of its members in the United States have children

On free dating sites, at least 10% of new accounts are from scammers

In a survey of 5,000 singles conducted by Match.com, 43% said fresh breath mattered the most before a date, 17% said stylish clothes, 15% said sexy fragrance, 14% said good skin, and 10% said great hair.

Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.

Immediately after Tiger Wood’s affairs became public, men looking for discreet relationships on BeNaughty.com dropped by 47.5%.

NE AUDERIS DELERE ORBEM RIGIDUM MEUM.

Last edited by lp1988; 19th Mar 2011 at 13:25.
lp1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 14:08   #130
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Some of the stats in that infographic don't even add up to 100%...
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 21:40   #131
Cthippo

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The term SCRAM, meaning to shut down a nuclear reactor in an emergency by inserting the control rods, dates back to the very first reactor. The "Chicago pile" was built under the stands of the squash court at the University of Chicago in 1942 and consisted of lumps of natural uranium metal in a graphite matrix. A single cadmium control rod was used to start or stop the reaction and this control rod was suspended from a pulley on the ceiling by a manila rope. In the event that the pulley jammed, a student was stationed on the balcony with a sharpened fire ax to cut the rope and lower the rod. Enrico Fermi, the physicist overseeing the reactor dubbed this position the "Safety Control Rod Ax Man", which got shortened to SCRAM and the term has stuck ever since.
Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:03   #132
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp1988 View Post
On dating sites a man's chances for getting a date decreases with his hight when this is under 178 CM.

Females get fewer dates the higher their education is.

In average people lie their hight two centimetres taller on dating sites.

Women who post a photo on Internet dating sites receive twice as many email messages as women who don’t. The same study found that men who reported incomes higher than $250,000 received 156% more email than those with $50,000

Match.com reports that 44% of its members in the United States have children

In a survey of 5,000 singles conducted by Match.com, 43% said fresh breath mattered the most before a date, 17% said stylish clothes, 15% said sexy fragrance, 14% said good skin, and 10% said great hair.

Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.

Immediately after Tiger Wood’s affairs became public, men looking for discreet relationships on BeNaughty.com dropped by 47.5%.

How does one go about receiving 156% more of anything? That seems mathematically retarded.....

EDIT: Or maybe its me thats mathematically retarded.....

Dissing Chuck Norris since 1984.
klaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:08   #133
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The odds of being killed by falling out of bed are 1/2,000,000.

Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:14   #134
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarte View Post
Anatidaephobia is completely real and geniune and is the fear that some time, somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

LOL thats so true... How bizare, last week leaving the house for work ... I felt I was being watched ... There it was a Mallard stood on next doors lawn .. WATCHING
Pentheraphobia is the fear of a mother in law.....

Crazy! I was leaving for work the other day and had the feeling that I was being watched. I looked in the parking lot and there she was, waving at me. She.... had come.... to visit...... BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMMMMM

Old 20th Mar 2011, 00:28   #135
chimmy09
Hypermodder

chimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysischimmy09 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaxxon View Post
Pentheraphobia is the fear of a mother in law.....

Crazy! I was leaving for work the other day and had the feeling that I was being watched. I looked in the parking lot and there she was, waving at me. She.... had come.... to visit...... BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMMMMM
same thing happened to me the other day... except... it was......... a duck.
chimmy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2011, 00:33   #136
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

Did you know that onions dont make people cry. I do!
Old 20th Mar 2011, 00:33   #137
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimmy09 View Post
same thing happened to me the other day... except... it was......... a duck.
*gasp*! Were--were--were you ok?

Old 20th Mar 2011, 02:18   #138
Cthippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp1988 View Post
Unless it''s Craigslist and then the number rises to 100%
Old 20th Mar 2011, 13:14   #139
GavX
Hypermodder

GavX has yet to learn the way of the DremelGavX has yet to learn the way of the DremelGavX has yet to learn the way of the DremelGavX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I heard this yesterday, unsure if it is true, but sounds it.
If the top side of your finger nails are ridged, not smooth, you may have a vitamin deficiency! Mine are I have plenty of vitamin B6 and 12... or whatever is added to cheap energy juice...
GavX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2011, 16:27   #140
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
The report into the Challenger Space-shuttle disaster found that the crew didn't die in the explosion but probably died when the crew compartment hit the sea several minutes later.

I had always assumed they died instantly in the explosion
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facts are facts, thats a fact

View Mode