bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 21st Mar 2011, 16:08   #161
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
It would be very hard to provide a 100% guarantee that an astronaut would never break wind. As such, there really is no risk of damage to a space suit from breaking wind. Oxygen supply is delivered from behind the head, and exits around the torso. Most likely the gas will get filtered out, and the astronaut may never even smell it.

I've heard astronauts tell some funny stories about gas clouds in space. Good times.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 17:00   #162
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSilver View Post
People who save their own lives by ejection using a Martin-Baker seat can apply for entry into the Ejection Tie Club. As the name suggests, you get a tie and pin, or a brooch if you are female, and join around 5,700 members of around 7,200 successful ejections.
Martin baker is also a family company, however contrary to the name, only the Martin family run the company as the Baker name is a tribute to Valentine Baker, a good friend of James Martin, who died testing a plane that the company was producing at the time. If you go to the main manufacturing site they have a count of the sucessful ejections of Martin Baker seats. One of the physics staff at my school has ejected twice with a Martin Baker seat and my mother's uncle has ejected once in one of their seats.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:15   #163
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
People who save their own lives by ejection using a Martin-Baker seat can apply for entry into the Ejection Tie Club. As the name suggests, you get a tie and pin, or a brooch if you are female, and join around 5,700 members of around 7,200 successful ejections.
That infers that a not insignificant number of members have been awarded more than once
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:18   #164
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight, sleep tight."

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:27   #165
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo View Post
That infers that a not insignificant number of members have been awarded more than once
That does make sense though, there can't be that many planes outfitted with ejection seats, the only ones I can think of offhand are test and military models

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:36   #166
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega View Post
LIES!
Quote:
Yeah, pretty much this.
I wear glasses every day of my life and I can cut up onions, peel onions and whatever else you can think of, without them making me cry. I've tried this without glasses on and then I am affected. So nuts to you!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:47   #167
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfar View Post
might still do

a horse is taxed as "used goods" when you buy it. even a foal born on your premises is instantly taxed as used goods. (in sweden)

also, being a dj in sweden does not count as being an artist/creator, thus forcing the dj to pay a full 25% vat rather than the much lower 6% for everybody who contribute to culture (artists, musicians, writers etc).
[trollMode]Seems fair to me. Also they should be taxed for causing brain damage for others.[/trollMode]
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 06:53   #168
ulfar
holy s**t, i can change this?

ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.ulfar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich View Post
[trollMode]Seems fair to me. Also they should be taxed for causing brain damage for others.[/trollMode]
indeed.

more eating facts.
if you eat 11 kgs of chocolate, your brain releases enough endorphines to make you high.
ulfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 12:52   #169
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfar View Post
if you eat 11 kgs of chocolate, your brain releases enough endorphines to make you high.
Gah! This times eleven:

I wonder if it has to be done in a certain time as well?
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 13:00   #170
julianmartin
resident cyborg.

julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Or users have since passed away....

Core i7 930||Asus P6X58D-E||12GB XMS3||64GB M4||570GTX||Define R3
julianmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 13:23   #171
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
Gah! This times eleven:

I wonder if it has to be done in a certain time as well?
I'm guessing it's dark chocolate as well.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 13:52   #172
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Indeed, and TBH I'm tempted to call bulls*** on their method of accounting

Their 7,000th 'life saved' was in fact a Royal Naval aviator, Lieutenant Commander Robert Schwab, who had previously ejected from another aircraft twenty years before. That means they counted him as two separate lives saved, I presume, when in fact, they just saved his life twice. What's he going to do with two identical ties anyway?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 07:35   #173
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
What's he going to do with two identical ties anyway?
Put them in the closet with all the other ties he also never wears.

I dislike how few opportunities one has to wear a tie anymore.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 08:00   #174
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Indeed, and TBH I'm tempted to call bulls*** on their method of accounting

Their 7,000th 'life saved' was in fact a Royal Naval aviator, Lieutenant Commander Robert Schwab, who had previously ejected from another aircraft twenty years before. That means they counted him as two separate lives saved, I presume, when in fact, they just saved his life twice. What's he going to do with two identical ties anyway?
I believe he still gets another one. I'll find out today if I get the opportunity.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 08:35   #175
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Put them in the closet with all the other ties he also never wears.

I dislike how few opportunities one has to wear a tie anymore.
Just wear one if you feel like it. That's what I do
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 15:29   #176
Kris
Lord Lolwut

Kris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the DremelKris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Saturn's moon Titan has hundreds of times more oil and natural gas than all the known reserves on Earth.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 15:49   #177
Ending Credits
Bunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Saturn's moon Titan has hundreds of times more oil and natural gas than all the known reserves on Earth.
How does it have oil when oil is made by decayed biomass?
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 16:03   #178
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The F-15 downed by mechanical failure in Libya yesterday is only the fourth combat loss in the the 40-year, 1,198-plane operational history of the type. One other - in central Afghanistan two years ago - was a mechanical failure; the other two were lost to ground fire during the Gulf War.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 16:15   #179
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
I thought it was just lakes of Hydrocarbons to be honest. It would take some processing to get petroleum or diesel from it.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 16:20   #180
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
Interesting and great observation!! +rep

Tags
facts are facts, thats a fact

View Mode