bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Mar 2011, 17:41   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Rare NES games up for auction

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...stadium-even/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 18:01   #2
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Presumably who ever buys it, wont open it up and play it, and thats the whole point of video games, playing them, no?....

So i dont see the point....
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 18:09   #3
[WP@]WOLVERINE
Supermodder

[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
in my opinion you have to be completely retarded to pay that kind of money for a game. So what if its rare its still a useless old game for a usless old console....
Intel i7 980X EE | 6gb HyperX 2ghz DDR3 | Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm ed | Asus 7950 DCII | Corsair HX1000 | SB X-Fi Fatality | 5.1tb storage+2xX25M 80gb SSD | Lian Li pc201 | 3xBenQ G2420HDB@Eyefinity | Ms Natural 4000 | Corsair M60 | Logitech Z-5450.
[WP@]WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 19:40   #4
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
...he should of downloaded it...

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 19:42   #5
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQNDSbZHtHY

Gameplay. Reminds me somewhat of happy days playing Daley Thompson's Decathalon.
Old 18th Mar 2011, 20:57   #6
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
The game's rarity is due to it having been recalled by Nintendo in 1987 after it purchased the rights to the Family Fun Fitness pad, the peripheral that the game was designed for.
I don't understand. I've only had 1 Guinness so I'm not drunk yet!
Old 18th Mar 2011, 21:23   #7
Ninja_182
Enginerd!

Ninja_182 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
...and I thought Conkers Bad Fur Day was rare (pun not intended at all).

flickr?
Ninja_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 22:58   #8
Nikols
Supermodder

Nikols has yet to learn the way of the DremelNikols has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjj

Gameplay. Reminds me somewhat of happy days playing Daley Thompson's Decathalon.
Priceless...
(pardon the pun)
AMD 1090T @ 4.03ghz (238x17@1.42v) | Corsair H50 | Crosshair V Formula | 6gb Kingston Hyper X 1600mhz | Gainward GTX 580 GS | GTX 280 physx | Crucial C300 Real SSD 256gb | 3 x 500gb WD caviar black | Corsair HX1000 PSU | LG Blu-Ray | Bose Companion 5 |Sony MDR-DS7000 7.1 wireless headphones | Dell U2711 | G9 & Wolfking Warrior pad
Nikols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2011, 23:01   #9
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Easy to say not shelling out several thousand for it, but I'd love to play that copy just to stick it to the world.
Old 18th Mar 2011, 23:58   #10
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [WP@
WOLVERINE]in my opinion you have to be completely retarded to pay that kind of money for a game. So what if its rare its still a useless old game for a usless old console....
You could say that about anything, including money, which makes it a good buy.
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 00:09   #11
Evildead666
Supermodder

Evildead666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikols
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjj

Priceless...
(pardon the pun)
Broke a joystick playing that on the old Amstrad
Old 19th Mar 2011, 00:12   #12
Puzzu
Multimodder

Puzzu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you are a collector I do't see any reason not to pay what ever you could afford to get it. There are many collectables and collectors will pay silly money to get it.
Puzzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 09:19   #13
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i think its all good personally. I mean what makes people want to overclock their toaster just to get a browner bit of toast, we just do it `cause we can
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 18:18   #14
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
$22K
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 18:23   #15
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
people pay ridiculous amounts of money for a 0.02g stamp. I don't see what's wrong for a rich (collector) gamer to buy this
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2011, 20:32   #16
shigllgetcha
Come at me bro

shigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysisshigllgetcha can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by [WP@WOLVERINE
in my opinion you have to be completely retarded to pay that kind of money for a game. So what if its rare its still a useless old game for a usless old console....
Hes not buying a game hes buying a collectors item. Cant see him ripping it open and shoving it in his NES somehow
Old 19th Mar 2011, 20:42   #17
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [WP@
WOLVERINE]in my opinion you have to be completely retarded to pay that kind of money for a game. So what if its rare its still a useless old game for a usless old console....
As stated by a useless old man, eh?
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2011, 08:50   #18
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
not sold, reserve not met .... too much $$$ hungry seller ?

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2011, 11:59   #19
Carper
Guru

Carper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
shame
CPU - Intel i5 750 Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65 Graphics card - Asus 5850 Memory - G.Skill 4GB 1600Mhz Blue Case - Antec 902 PSU - Corsair VX550W CPU Cooler - Titan Fenrir Optical drive - Sony AD-7240S-0B Hard drive - Samsung F3 1TB
Carper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2011, 14:30   #20
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
well .... the bid reached more than $22K and the reserve was still not met.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote