bit-tech.net

Old 22nd Mar 2011, 11:36   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Trine 2 delayed

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ne-2-delayed/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 11:46   #2
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yay, Trine 2. I didnt even know the game was in development. I had a good few hours playing the first, and definitely looking foward to this now too.
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 12:03   #3
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
So damn beautiful.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 12:05   #4
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Trine is a great game! And this trailer must be the most beautifull one I saw in a while. This game really deserves good sales. All the best for the team!

On a side note, I just saw the "Catherine, the game" in the related movies. It is from Atlus too. I was really impressed! looks like we are going to rear about this developer a lot in the coming years.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 15:06   #5
rehk
Minimodder

rehk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Atlus is the publisher, they've been publishing JPRGs for years.

I loved the original Trine. It really went under the radar, yet it was simply fantastic. Also one of the best looking games i've ever seen, with a great use of colour. Trine 2 looks to be no different.
rehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 15:44   #6
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Trine is one of the few indie or indie-like games that I've actually thought was worth its asking price. I thought it had some of the best visuals of any game in recent years (yeah, including Crysis) and it was the first platformer I've enjoyed since Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

Fun gameplay, absolutely gorgeous graphics, fantastic music and great atmosphere - It looks like Trine 2 is going to be more of the same so it's a must-get for me.
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 17:38   #7
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I hope they make the ending even harder.. I loved how it roid raged- it really what made the first game fun
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 23:13   #8
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
oh gawd thats an awesome trailer.

want PC version
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 01:18   #9
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeaver
oh gawd thats an awesome trailer.

want PC version
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
it will launch on PC, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade all at once.
Fear not.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 02:26   #10
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Instead of the last level in this one they might as well just show a middle finger or trollface on the screen.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Trine. Up to that point.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 07:17   #11
sausages
Banned

sausages has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Up to what point? The final level?
sausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 07:27   #12
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Yup. Rising lava death + random elements spawning just to piss me off = fail.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 11:00   #13
rehk
Minimodder

rehk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The developers have acknowledged that the last level was a mistake. I remember that killing the enthusiasm I had for it immediately. Even lowering the difficulty to Easy, it seemed to make no difference to how quickly the lava rose.
rehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 20:08   #14
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The first Trine was awesome, I was sad when it ended but it seems like this game could only be made better in the sequel. Hopefully we get a chance to use some more exotic weapons than in the first game.

@ Yemerich - I am very much looking forward to Catherine myself, some of the levels in that game look intense as far as platformers go. Not to mention all the cool sheep people!

@ Zurechial - There was a Jazz Jackrabbit 2!!!???
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 21:48   #15
sausages
Banned

sausages has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Yup. Rising lava death + random elements spawning just to piss me off = fail.
Yeah that was kinda tedious, but I played through it because it reminded me of the old days, NES, and SNES, and arcade days, they used to stuff like that a lot back then.
sausages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 22:00   #16
Zurechial
Elitist

I actually enjoyed the last level of Trine.
It was frustrating as hell and I ended up using my 3 heroes as sacrificial meatshields just to get one of them to the top, but I found it fun and climactic enough for an ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiffie View Post
@ Zurechial - There was a Jazz Jackrabbit 2!!!???
There was, and it was awesome.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...z_Jackrabbit_2

It's possible to get your hands on it as grey-area abandonware if your google fu is strong enough.
Old 23rd Mar 2011, 22:15   #17
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is awesome, one of my favourite games of all time probably.