bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 16th Nov 2011, 17:54   #261
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will this be a closed case in the end, or will it be more like a open testbench?

The reason why I'm asking this is, that you need exhaust-fans. For a good working setup there needs to be as much air being exhausted as is pushed into the case. Otherwise you'll get a negative airflow, resulting in turbulances with the possibility of increasing noise or in worst case increased temperatures.

Because of this I usually don't use fans to push air into the case at all, but only use exhaust-fans, which draw air into the case by creating underpressure, if you get what I mean. This usually reduces the fans used (less noise) and works like a charm for me during the last years, not having any issues with temps either.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 18:03   #262
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Opened case, only a very vented coreving grid / mesh. Thanks for the advise mate. This is very appreciable.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 14:20   #263
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Little update. I droped the AP181s for AP141s, I moved the hardware upward and droped a simple folded sheet that acts like an airduct.

The back is totally opened (will just add a PCI holder). The front will only have a minimalist grill to cover the fans (or maybe only the magnatic Silverstone dust filters).

The PSU moved to the bottom of the case and has no dress yet.

I want this case to be as minimalist as possible while keeping the hardware away from lurking little fingers

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 17th Nov 2011, 16:08   #264
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I actualy like these setups, that aren't really fully fledged enclosures. You just need a can of compressed air, to dust it off every few days

Old 17th Nov 2011, 16:11   #265
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
I actualy like these setups, that aren't really fully fledged enclosures.
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
You just need a can of compressed air, to dust it off every few days
I wanted to get a compressor for warhammer / Infinity figurine painting . It'll have two purpose now

I'm filling like not hiding the psu cables, just having them nicely and fully sleeved and leaving them going from the psu to the "hardware shell" in a tidy but slightly entangled way.

Last edited by GuilleAcoustic; 17th Nov 2011 at 16:27.
Old 17th Nov 2011, 17:21   #266
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You'll need a support for the GPU mate. But hell that's a cool idea..
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 18:16   #267
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post
You'll need a support for the GPU mate. But hell that's a cool idea..
Thanks mate, I'm glad that you like the idea . The GPU support is planned, but I have no precise idea yet.

Old 18th Nov 2011, 15:13   #268
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Little update. I've designed a fan grill / filter (based on Silverstone magnetic 140mm filter, but made it dual fan).

The cable are just very quick ones to show you my idea about PSU cable routing. This is a pain in the arth to model cables in SU.

I've also added a quick GPU holder

Old 18th Nov 2011, 17:40   #269
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks good. I love it. How about a enclosure like the top one for the forever alone open PSU? Just small that the PSU fits in nice and tight?
Old 18th Nov 2011, 17:50   #270
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Thanks Raz. I'm feeling guilty about the psu . I'll to make her a little home.

I think I'll practice bending some wood. Steam or special fluid .... I still don't know

Last edited by GuilleAcoustic; 18th Nov 2011 at 18:06.
Old 21st Nov 2011, 01:08   #271
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Your last design is just, pure, clean and simple...

Have you registered it?

Kiding, but when will you star to build your first sratch???

If you need help, i bought lot of tools those last mounths to begin my mod... So tell me if you need!

Chuss!

Encore une fois, trés beau design ton dernier projet!!!
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Nov 2011, 11:28   #272
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
Your last design is just, pure, clean and simple...

Have you registered it?
Thanks a lot, I appreciated it . Registered, not really. Just hope people are kind enough to not steal it (for commercial use). To be honest, it is too specific to be a good seller

Quote:
but when will you star to build your first sratch???

If you need help, i bought lot of tools those last mounths to begin my mod... So tell me if you need!
I'm kind of lacking time and money. And with christmas coming ... but thanks for your help. I'm willing to build it without any powertools, so I think I have everything.

Quote:
Encore une fois, trés beau design ton dernier projet!!!
Merci

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 00:12   #273
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Little update to show the current state of the design. I've added a PSU "cover" and started to play with materials.

What do you think of it (I'll add the fan cover tomorrow as in the previous post, but didn't had it @home) ?

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 02:04   #274
jrs77
theorycrafting

What material do you plan to use for the wood-textured part? Do you think of laminating like it's sometimes found in chairs?

And what about doing the whole thing out of acrylics?

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 09:16   #275
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

I was thinking about using wood that I'll bend (using an home made steam chamber).

Acrylic for the white covers could be nice, lighter than aluminium or steal.

I do not know if acrylic would be sufficient do make the main chassis. I'm afraid it could bend under the weight of the hardware.

EDIT : I've added the fan grill ... not to happy with the colour. I'll definitly try other options.

Last edited by GuilleAcoustic; 22nd Nov 2011 at 15:26.
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 12:01   #276
Shuttlemodder
I *am* a Dremel

Shuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming SaiyanShuttlemodder is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i thought a really nice chunk of brushed aluminium would look nice!
which white accents
Shuttlemodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 17:08   #277
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

For those interested in wood bending, here is a nice website to learn a few technics : http://www.tai-workshop.com/english/tech-2(b)-e.html

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 17:13   #278
Razer2007
Building Proxima

That looks better
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 18:16   #279
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
For those interested in wood bending, here is a nice website to learn a few technics : http://www.tai-workshop.com/english/tech-2(b)-e.html
In school I took part in a workshop, building a guitar, where we used the laminate-technique to form the corpus of the guitar. No steam or anything required, just the laminate (sheets of 1mm), woodglue and a positive-form to press the laminate against.

Let it dry for a week and... voilá

Old 22nd Nov 2011, 18:28   #280
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

and voila .... time to hunt for laminate . Thanks for the hint.

View Mode