bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:26   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis 2 Xbox 360 vs PC comparison

We've pulled screenshots from the Xbox 360 and PC versions of Crysis 2. Have a look.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2011/...c-comparison/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:37   #2
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Just installed it, had a look at the first bit as i've not got much time to play, only playing at 1680 but should have a 1920 monitor soon.... all i have to say is that it doesnt look any better than crysis 1, maybe a little worse
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:38   #3
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
maxing this easy with my rig [5850 + 920 at 1920x1200].. FOV set to 75, AA at 4.
There is no DX10 or 11

Looks nothing close to Crysis 1
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:41   #4
Deders
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.
lol, at least one PC can run Crysis 2? My 9800GTX+ averages around 22-30fps with the highest settings, even that is smooth (not jerky), Once I enable SLI with the proper profile it nearly doubles, and that's with 4xAA enabled.

I expect a 260 or anything above should be able to handle the DX9 version
i5 750@3800 - MSI P55 GD65 - Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC 3GB @1215 & 7000 - 8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @1800 8-9-8 - Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 500W - Nanoxia Deep Silence One - X-FI Xtreme Gamer - Samsung 830 128GB - Spinpoint F3 1TB - WD RE4 2TB - WD Caviar Blue 640 - Dell U2913WM - Logitech G19 - Corsair M65 - Thermaltake Contac 29 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.
Deders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:52   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think that Avermedia 727 HD Capture card is suspect, the images are a little blurry.
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:55   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
I think that Avermedia 727 HD Capture card is suspect, the images are a little blurry.
No, that's really what it looks like. Come down to the labs and I'll show you on Monday.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 18:59   #7
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
I was about to rage and ask WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE 360 SCREENSHOTS WITH A CAMERA.. Then I realized how much better games are on the PC.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:08   #8
Oggyb
Mutant

Oggyb has yet to learn the way of the DremelOggyb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
APART FROM the dodgy upscaling from some obscenely low resolution, the difference isn't as night-and-day as I expected.

Certainly not from those screenshots anyway.
Oggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:10   #9
Podge4
Oi, whats your game?

Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
it just makes it look worse when you compare extreme and the 360. what about the ps3 screens?
WinTV-HVR1300, BenQ E2200HD, Win 8.1 Pro x64
Podge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:11   #10
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Those comparison screenshots are a bit unfair tbh - you upscaled to 1600p (1440p), a resolution very very few people are going to game on with an Xbox. A comparison of 1080p shots would have been fairer imo. Of course the pc would still be superior, but the blurryness would not have been quite as bad.
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:13   #11
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Can custom resolutions be set in Crysis 2? If so.. Non upscaled comparison?..
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:14   #12
Apexgun
What's a Dremel?

Apexgun has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The 360 compared to extreme is a major difference IMHO
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:16   #13
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
360 is massively different to all three PC presets to me. I can't see a massive change in quality between the PC presets though.
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:22   #14
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
is it me or i don't see ANY difference between the 3 PC settings?

can anyone point those differences out for me please?
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:23   #15
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Shock Horror: Recent PC Graphics Better Than Five-Year-Old Console!
Coming up after the break: Men are different from women.

So, joking aside, is it fairly safe to say that Crysis 2 isn't as much of a push forward in graphics engine technology as the original - and that a reasonably recent PC will be able to run it without any major problems?

What will all those people whose first response is "...but will it run Crysis" be able to say now?
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:33   #16
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was really looking forward to installing it tonight, however bloody Amazon failed to deliver. This is the last time I pre-order from Amazon. Game on the other hand is always spot-on with deliveries (sometimes a day before release )

Never make the mistake of pre-ordering from Amazon. (Call me old-fashioned, but I don't prefer digital downloads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
What will all those people whose first response is "...but will it run Crysis" be able to say now?
LOL, I guess it's still going to be "..... but can it play Crysis?"
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:37   #17
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
But will it run Crysis 1?
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:52   #18
Deders
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
Shock Horror: Recent PC Graphics Better Than Five-Year-Old Console!
Coming up after the break: Men are different from women.

So, joking aside, is it fairly safe to say that Crysis 2 isn't as much of a push forward in graphics engine technology as the original - and that a reasonably recent PC will be able to run it without any major problems?
It could be potentially it's more optimised than the original, if the levels weren't designed for consoles in mind then who knows what it could achieve.

I wonder what the original would run like with the new engine
i5 750@3800 - MSI P55 GD65 - Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC 3GB @1215 & 7000 - 8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @1800 8-9-8 - Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 500W - Nanoxia Deep Silence One - X-FI Xtreme Gamer - Samsung 830 128GB - Spinpoint F3 1TB - WD RE4 2TB - WD Caviar Blue 640 - Dell U2913WM - Logitech G19 - Corsair M65 - Thermaltake Contac 29 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.
Deders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 19:59   #19
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
"But can you configure Crysis?"

Or maybe all game reviews should have at least one comment "do you have to press start to continue?"
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2011, 20:01   #20
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
At the end of the day, the PC is using Console texture and art assets

....you cant polish a turd..
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote