bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Apr 2011, 11:36   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Tube mobile plans shelved

Mobile network plans for the tube are scrapped, as parties couldn't agree on a viable proposal.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2011/04...rk-plans-she/1
Old 4th Apr 2011, 12:33   #2
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
Yes it is imperative that i check my emails on my 10 minute tube ride...*Checks to see if internet is still there*

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 12:35   #3
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I remember that they said that enabling a 3G network on the underground would make it considerably easier to plant and detonate bombs with mobiles. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? *tin foil hat*
Old 4th Apr 2011, 12:43   #4
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good! It is the last refuge on public transport left from continuous mobile chatter.
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 13:02   #5
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Funding issues? When you are getting £50 million of free hardware? Sure, I can appreciate that it might not be done before the Olympics, but ****, that is far too good an offer to turn down!
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 13:18   #6
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm25
I remember that they said that enabling a 3G network on the underground would make it considerably easier to plant and detonate bombs with mobiles. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? *tin foil hat*
I thought the same when i read the article about this a few weeks ago.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 13:47   #7
bemused
Multimodder

bemused has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post
Good! It is the last refuge on public transport left from continuous mobile chatter.
+1 also wasn't looking forward to people having to shout to be heard on the phone.
bemused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:43   #8
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
YES!

I don't have to hear about those two sales representatives from the 3rd floor who hooked up the other night while travelling to university. VICTORY.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 16:40   #9
Tech NoOb
Minimodder

Tech NoOb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post
+1 also wasn't looking forward to people having to shout to be heard on the phone.
+1 I always say I'll call someone back if I get a call on public transport.
Tech NoOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 20:37   #10
VipersGratitude
I *am* a Dremel

VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
from Achmed Mahdavi <cell-leader@gmail.com>
to <martyr420@gmail.com>(Yes, this is you.) Learn more
date 4 Aug 2011 15:58
subject BOOMtime
mailed-by gmail.com
Signed by gmail.com

Dear Mohammed,

Time to press the button!

Regards,

Achmed

P.S. j/k lol

P.P.S. No really, do it...Allahu Akbar!!!
VipersGratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 10:32   #11
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGratitude
That's pretty poor taste mate. Lots of people died or were maimed in the public transport bombings in 2005. Not a laughing matter.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:58   #12
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm25 View Post
I've heard that argument too, but remote detonation surely isn't really necessary for suicide bombers, and even for planted devices surely they will just use timers.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:51   #13
chiper136
Multimodder

chiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGratitude
That's pretty poor taste mate. Lots of people died or were maimed in the public transport bombings in 2005. Not a laughing matter.
Neither is warfare and look at the all the games we play.
chiper136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 20:34   #14
MattyD
What's a Dremel?

MattyD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm25
I'll see your tin-foil hat and raise you a conspiracy theory! Huawei is owned by a former Chinese Army officer and has close links to the Chinese government. The USA is so convinced they're 'in' with Chinese intelligence that they've stopped them buying various companies and patents in the USA for the sake of 'national security'. Maybe the intelligence services were worried this 'free' kit would be used for wiretapping and surveillance purposes?
MattyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2011, 01:21   #15
rainbowbridge
Goes forever,OMG it's full of Stars

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
its not safe to use mobile phones, we are the generation that this technology is being tested on, it affects our health it is a testiment to how stupid people are that they leave their mobile phones switched on in a enclosed metal tube and also make calls whilst in them (national rail).

The tube is at times safe haven from mobile phones, keep it that way!
Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 650D - i7 2600k@4.3Ghz - 1TB Samsung EVO - 16gb Ram - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC-3x Asus VN279QLB -1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true - DT 770 PRO headphones+px350 piano - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC - T500RS Wheel + TH8a Shifter - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals -
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2011, 04:26   #16
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CrazyJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good news, the calls on platforms in some Glasgow subway stations is annoying after the peace and quiet we're used to.

I'm enjoying the free wifi on every platform though!
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2011, 08:32   #17
paulp
Minimodder

paulp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Too much of a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbridge View Post
its not safe to use mobile phones, we are the generation that this technology is being tested on, it affects our health it is a testiment to how stupid people are that they leave their mobile phones switched on in a enclosed metal tube and also make calls whilst in them (national rail).

The tube is at times safe haven from mobile phones, keep it that way!
Mobile phones are really great but people tend to get carried away. Having areas where no service is available forces one to take a break and I is relaxing in today' high pace world. I'm for it.
paulp is offline   Reply With Quote