bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Apr 2011, 13:52   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Win a Green Gadgets LP-170 Pico-ITX OEM kit

We're looking for creative Pico-ITX modding ideas. Have you got what it takes?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-itx-oem-kit/1
Old 5th Apr 2011, 14:08   #2
yogev_ezra
Green Gadgets Ltd

yogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here is a YouTube video of this board: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGSb0KKDNg
Link to manufacturer's Support page (you can find User Manual, drivers, BIOS updates there): http://www.commell.com.tw/Support/Pr...ort/LP-170.htm

Hope that helps to everyone who is willing to participate in the contest. Sorry for the unclear speech as I have a small speech defect and could not find anybody else to take the video yesterday

Last edited by yogev_ezra; 6th Apr 2011 at 06:57. Reason: Added YouTube video link
yogev_ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 14:13   #3
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's a beautiful example of a Pico-ITX PC. Round of those corners and my wife would love that.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 14:30   #4
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Ooooh! Nice prize!
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:06   #5
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
Emailed something

EXTREMELY difficult trying to describe what you want to do in 50 words though makes everything sound alot more bland and unintresting and forgot to mention and important bit that if i said now would make it sound even more unintresting and boring

I would wallmount it :/
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:32   #6
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
Id conceal it in a standard house brick sized housing so it could be incorporated into a non load bearing section of wall, run power and cabling etc in between the two brick courses to wherever you want the inputs/outputs and make a removable faceplate that could be hidden/rendered over. Maybe leave a few USBs visible as well as the on/off switch.

Could then be used for some kind of house automation project or a sneaky storage point : )

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:37   #7
Xtrafresh
It never hurts to help

Xtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run Crysis
worldwide compo? If so, then big fat kudos for ticking ALL the boxes of what i'd want to see in a mod!

I'll mock up my ideas tonight, i have had something nice in my mind for a long while!
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:41   #8
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
A PicoITX is involved in my Autumn mod... I know EXACTLY how it's going to be, but hey... Gotta save up the money for then!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 15:51   #9
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Damn! If only I had an ounce of creativity
I'm guessing "put it in a case" doesn't really count, does it? That's about the limit of my modding capabilities
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:00   #10
asura
jack of all trades

asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.
MrJay, why wimp out with a non-loadbearing housing; some 6.75mm steel and a little bit of ingeneuity on an internal layout should allow it to be fully loadbearing!
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:03   #11
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Competition entered! Looking forward to reading how the final entries pan out and some of the top ideas that come up for this.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:11   #12
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Just to confirm for those interested - this is a worldwide competition.

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:25   #13
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Only idea I have for a case mod is W/C based mod. And even then, I don't have the tools, materials or time to make it sadly.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:40   #14
yogev_ezra
Green Gadgets Ltd

yogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyogev_ezra has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
EXTREMELY difficult trying to describe what you want to do in 50 words though makes everything sound alot more bland and unintresting and forgot to mention and important bit that if i said now would make it sound even more unintresting and boring
I did not make up the contest rules - I asked Bit-Tech to create them. The only requirement I gave is that the winner will have to post the modding log and photos here on Bit-Tech forums.

However, the rules Paul came up with seem very fair to me, as:
1) If they allow for longer e-mails, they might not have the time to read everything or might not have the time to read all contest entries.
2) You can send a drawing instead of typing text. The drawing will tell it all.
3) Just consider it as a job interview. You want a job, the HR person tells you, describe why you suit our company in 50 words. You answer - hey, I cannot, it's too short. The HR person says - sorry, you are not qualified then. I know it's harsh, but there is nothing wrong in it. The hiring party (Bit-Tech in this case) can choose the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
A PicoITX is involved in my Autumn mod... I know EXACTLY how it's going to be, but hey... Gotta save up the money for then!
The winner is entitled (only after he/she starts the project log on Bit-Tech forum) to receive additional stuff of his/her choice worth up to $100 USA. So it can be for example Broadcom HD card + second VGA card, or RAM, or small SSD, or anything else that he/she needs. I hope this info will help you decide to submit your idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot View Post
Damn! If only I had an ounce of creativity
I'm guessing "put it in a case" doesn't really count, does it? That's about the limit of my modding capabilities
Taking into account that the only case suitable for this board that exists in the world today is in my hands, and you are not getting it as part of the competition prize, this seems creative enough for me as you would have to make the whole case yourself
yogev_ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:48   #15
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
I've sent in my idea, I've gone with an idea that's been buzzing around in my brain for ages. It's been keeping my "Ceiling mounted HTPC & Screen" idea company.

(Fools stick together)
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:52   #16
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wonder if this is what he Antec Skeleton was designed for?
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:27   #17
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Honestly, I think mounting something so tiny as a permanent fixture is a crime. Put a handle on it and make it Optimus Prime's man-purse.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:47   #18
Deadpunkdave
...why you need a 20-sided die

Deadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeadpunkdave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69
I wonder if this is what he Antec Skeleton was designed for?
In terms of cooling, size, intrusiveness and just about everything else, that would be using a nuclear missile to crack a nut.
Deadpunkdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 18:15   #19
IcyAero
Modder

IcyAero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I sent my email.

What I would do, is hit two flies with one hit.
Firstly, build my first ever case mod or even scratch case from wood and therefore make my long-waited dream come true. Secondly, as I'm moving out of town, my parents are left without any PC. This way, I'd get to build my first ever (serious) case mod and then donate it for my parents for web browsing! Idea of the case plan itself remains secret..
IcyAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 18:30   #20
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Unfortunately it's not a moneyproblem. I just don't have the time to start it out now. I gotta finish my G5, and then it's on to watercooling my carpc.
And it hardly wouldn't be fair to win on the idea and then wait to start the worklog up in september..

That's why I gotta wait.
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote