bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 8th Apr 2011, 12:37   #1
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Sketchup Integration with Kerkythea in Linux?

Hey guys.

I'm running Sketchup through WINE, which seems to be going ok for now. I'm also using Kerkythea, which has its own native Linux release. The problem I'm having is that when I install the SU2KT script, which allows me to export models from Sketchup into Kerkythea for rendering, the script asks me to locate the Kerkythea program file. In Windows this is fine, as I would just locate the .exe in Program Files. However because WINE sets up its own C: drive, it won't let me locate Kerkythea which is outside of it.

Kerkythea is here -> /home/stuart/.kerkythea2008/Kerkythea

...but the dialogue won't go there. It appears that I have to use a symlink, but I have no idea how to do it. The places I've looked are too vague to be of any use, so I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me how to make one.

Hope someone can help, I'll really appreciate it.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 02:23   #2
RadEd
Minimodder

RadEd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Try using winecfg to map /home/stuart/.kerkythea2008/Kerkythea to a drive letter.
RadEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 13:07   #3
stuartwood89

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Ah I'll give that a go when I'm back home. Thanks for the reply

Quote:
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
Old 10th Apr 2011, 17:17   #4
stuartwood89

I didn't bother doing that, although it probably would have worked had I kept trying. Instead I realised that because the exporter saves the model as an .xml file before trying to open Kerkythea, I don't actually need to locate the program. Instead I just export as normal and when it asks for the program file, I close it down. Then I open KT and locate the .xml file through there, seems to work fine

Doing a simple test render right now.

Quote:
Old 24th May 2011, 10:24   #5
stuartwood89

Sorry I have to revive this thread, seemed like a better idea than opening a new one.

I've recently moved from Ubuntu to Linux Mint (after seeing what they did when I updated Ubuntu to 11.04). I installed Sketchup through WineTricks, exactly the same way as I did with my other installation, and it works fine. Now I'm trying to install the SU2KT script so that I can export to Kerkythea, and I can't find the Sketchup folder in Program Files, meaning that I can't install the script. The program is running from somewhere, but I have no idea where. As per usual, Google is returning absolutely nothing of any use, it seems to be a new or rare problem :/

Quote: