bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Apr 2011, 14:11   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Mass Effect Movie Deal Signed

Japanese Anime studio FUNimation Entertainment has signed up to make a Mass Effect anime movie.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-deal-signed/1
Old 8th Apr 2011, 14:25   #2
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't see it as an anime film. more of a tv series starring a kevin sorbo like actor.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 14:39   #3
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I hope we're talking more Akira than Spirited Away...
Old 8th Apr 2011, 14:48   #4
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
If it's going to be animé then perhaps it will be decent. Wouldn't count on it just yet though.

Think happy thoughts of ME3.
Old 8th Apr 2011, 15:00   #5
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If FUNimation are involved I wouldn't set my hopes up... Why would they go to a *distributor* rather than the actual anime makers??
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 15:21   #6
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll hold my judgements for now. FUNimation can be hit and miss.
Old 8th Apr 2011, 15:22   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Leave our games alone!! Let a 3D animation company take it over and with the same writers of the game. Us the game engine or an advanced version, do the MGS thing or heavy rain only remove all control from the viwer to make it a film. Don't let hollywood or "film artists" get their hooks into this. the fan base has been amazing because they've remained true and used different styles to show this. Films designed for an audience often forget the loyal fan base that made the game popular in the first place.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 16:16   #8
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
No! Not anime crap.Please...
If you're going to do ME animation something then get Blur to do it and get a decent sci-fi writer. Additionally it should avoid having any of the major characters in it.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 16:46   #9
llamafur
WaterCooled fool

llamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The first thing I think of when I hear ME2 and anime together, is cheesy and boring. If you're going to make a video game into a movie wouldn't it be easier to use the existing engine, textures and models to make it?
llamafur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:22   #10
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As long as it doesn't have a male heroic Sheppard appearing... because as we all know Sheppard is the queen bitch of the universe, not some bald obeying idiot.
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:26   #11
The_EXorcist
Possibly Australian

The_EXorcist has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
From Dragon Age you might possibly get a good anime, but Mass Effect... nope, can't be done, please don't do mass effect, you cant get a good movie from it
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:40   #12
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
Production IG know their stuff (though recently seem more concerned with iffy stereoscopic re-releases of their existing movies than making new series), but the involvement of Funimation? Eeeeh, it's a rare occurrence when they don't screw things up.

Wait, I was sure it IG was listed last time the rumor went around, but turns out T.O. Entertainment is doing the animation. Colour me particularly less enthused.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:44   #13
jimbok11
What's a Dremel?

jimbok11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i saw they've done some CGI version of Warhammer 40k stuff...looked ok...but it seems that it could've been better...
jimbok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 17:52   #14
omicron
Baud.

omicron has yet to learn the way of the Dremelomicron has yet to learn the way of the Dremelomicron has yet to learn the way of the Dremelomicron has yet to learn the way of the Dremelomicron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh christ, animated?
Noooooo...!

Please don't make an anime. Never in the history of mankind has there been an anime that can be judged as a good film, rather than just a good anime. Ten times this when it comes to American anime.
Even the lofty Akira (dub) suffers from having a pretty poor story and by having the same dire voice actors that we've been using since anime made it over here, as well as the same old of including bizarre events, fashions, plot points etc that I suspect make perfect sense in Japan but are just baffling elsewhere in the world...

Don't do it, Bioware!

██████
██████
omicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 18:33   #15
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I love anime and I love Mass Effect, so this could be bloody amazing. Notice I said could. Here's hoping they don't ruin it.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 18:36   #16
overdosedelusion
I mostly come at night, mostly..

overdosedelusion has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
urgh, if dead space ani's were anything to go by, expect utter tripe. They should keep the games engine but you can't have a commander sheppard in it. Since sheppard was a customisable character down to gender, tailored to the players own liking with powers and tactical choices which tweaked the story.. What are the chances they'd have a sheppard even one person could associate with?

If they're serious about making it, they need to go from a different angle, perhaps expanding on the rachni wars and the genophage?

Musical Fidelity V-Dac | Graham Slee Solo 2009 Headphone Amp | AKG K701/Audio Technica ATH-W1000 |
overdosedelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 18:53   #17
pendragon
I pickle they

pendragon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
I love anime and I love Mass Effect, so this could be bloody amazing. Notice I said could. Here's hoping they don't ruin it.

Fizzban +1 .. This^^^

edit: also .. I too wonder why they didn't approach a company like AniMax which has/is done/doing 3 different Marvel mini series .. but my best guess on that is likely that Bioware and Funimation are both US-based ..easier than international stuff perhaps?

Last edited by pendragon; 8th Apr 2011 at 18:56. Reason: more to add
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 19:14   #18
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was hoping for a 'Thunderbirds' type puppet epic with proper exploding models.
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2011, 19:30   #19
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
This is going to suck so hard.
Old 9th Apr 2011, 00:24   #20
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
urgh, yeah really can't see this as an anime at all. Shame, as the books (and obviously games) are brilliant.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote