bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Apr 2011, 11:24   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Gaming 24 - A Lovely Battlefield

Battlefield 3, Portal 2, Alice: Madness Returns and Crysis 2 - those are the topics of conversation this week. We also discuss why StarCraft II is awful, and why Clive thinks Shogun 2 is 'lovely,' rather than 'awesome.'

This week sees bit-gamer regulars Joe, Clive and Paul joined by a fresh face too; our new intern David Hing was brave enough to both lend us his vocal cords and sit opposite Harry this week. That boy has guts!

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...y-battlefield/
Old 10th Apr 2011, 12:10   #2
derpooch
Multimodder

derpooch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great, now I am obsessively playing QWOP
Old 10th Apr 2011, 12:25   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
QWOP: http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
GIRL: http://www.foddy.net/GIRP.html

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 12:42   #4
Ding
What's a Dremel?

Ding has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
QWOP is probably the funniest thing I've seen for a long time. I seem to only be able to pitch over backwards, cracking my head and scoring -0.3 metres...
Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 12:48   #5
derpooch
Multimodder

derpooch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've encountered a few hurdles in my time, but this is ridiculous!

Last edited by derpooch; 10th Apr 2011 at 18:42. Reason: SPAG
derpooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 15:17   #6
Achoo
What's a Dremel?

Achoo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I haven't even listened to this yet, but on reading what is discussed, I can't help but find you guys seem to have a unfounded disliking for SC2.
What's to dislike?
I guess I'll find that out on listening to the podcast, but just a note - Have you actually tried to play the game properly? Learn't the shortcuts, tried team play, tried your hardest to move up the divisions, watched the championships on GOMTV and learn't from the tactics of the pro's? All these things add up to make a modern competitive arena for a game.
Achoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 15:48   #7
Glix
Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Glix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
LOL sooo bad, faceplanted the athlete a few times. -0.9 meters

Finally managed to get him to shuffle to 7.1 meters.
Glix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 16:10   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achoo
I haven't even listened to this yet, but on reading what is discussed, I can't help but find you guys seem to have a unfounded disliking for SC2.
What's to dislike?
I guess I'll find that out on listening to the podcast, but just a note - Have you actually tried to play the game properly? Learn't the shortcuts, tried team play, tried your hardest to move up the divisions, watched the championships on GOMTV and learn't from the tactics of the pro's? All these things add up to make a modern competitive arena for a game.
It's only me that dislikes Starcraft 2, mainly for the reasons summed up in the Starcraft 2 podcast. End of the day: it's just not my type of game and I don't think it's very well done.

More info: http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...ft-2-argument/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 17:09   #9
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
speaking of being in the zone, im excellent with BFBC2 multiplayer Paul is pretty good at it also. what we'd love to see more of you guys on the CPC server.

i was promised BF3, and had to wait 38 minutes for a few minutes of BF3 singleplayer.
Old 10th Apr 2011, 17:29   #10
ALAKEFAK
What's a Dremel?

ALAKEFAK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oh guys DotA is a great game! became more popular than WC3 and had 2 non-official retail versions (ripoffs): League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth. HoN alone has a community of around 500k (considering facebook group and 40k constantly online players)
but like you said, it is pretentious.
ALAKEFAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 18:42   #11
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
yeah would be nice to see some staff on the server every now and then, come and get repair tooled like the rest of us
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 20:44   #12
EvilMerc
Dew Addict

EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Shooting you would be our way of telling you we love you....sort of....
EvilMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 21:04   #13
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A staff vs 'us normal beings' showdown would be pretty cool
Antec 300 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Core i5 750 @ 3.6ghz | Corsair XMS3 4GB 1,600Mhz | XFX HD5850 | 120 GB Corsair Series Force 3 SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 | Titan Fenrir | BenQ G2220HD 21.5" Widescreen | Corsair VX550W
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2011, 21:53   #14
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
red ring issues? LOL
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 03:18   #15
Podge4
Oi, whats your game?

Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Glad to hear my question being used. Plus it gives me a reason to comment on this article. lol
WinTV-HVR1300, BenQ E2200HD, Win 8.1 Pro x64
Podge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 10:15   #16
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yep, pop on sometime guys! We're a very friendly bunch!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 11:31   #17
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I'm on from time to time. I took a two month hiatus while i got addicted to Civ V but i'm over that now....

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 19:21   #18
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
18.7m GIRP
12.8m QWOP

I'm shattered now.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

Steam: SMIFFY
SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 19:23   #19
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
why is qwop back ? Isn't this thing from like... 6 years ago?
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote