bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Jul 2011, 17:28   #61
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I like what you came up with, but you should change it like Attila mentioned.
I think the best setup would be grooves like you made on the back. You could run them in a gentle arc all the way up to the plug. Plug into the mobo, then stuff the wires in their slots.
This would also help with the odd pins that have 2 wires running to them.

Hell, you could get artsy-fartsy with the wire curve too. If you did it as a 2 part setup, you could change the top one to arc to wherever (in the case of changing mobos. -caffeine just kicked in, excuse babble.)

Last edited by Cheapskate; 1st Jul 2011 at 17:48.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2011, 19:03   #62
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Dude, your messing with my "show teaser" plan

All is prepped and planned. Just need to know what mobo I will use, so I can input the final measurements:P
This part consist of 4 pieces

Edit,

There will be no "gentle arcs"! I like hard and clear lines :P
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 03:49   #63
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Warped minds think alike. Sorry, I like smooth edges. -Keeps me from killing myself with the computer guts.
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 10:30   #64
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And BAM. I can pass the flame torch to you, my friend. You take the cake here with 3D printing. FDM, I'm certain. You should get some SLA or SLS goin' on...those are perrrty (especially with the clear-ish tint).

Although...Inventer? Really? *patooey!*
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 10:53   #65
23RO_UK
Hasta Maņana

23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.23RO_UK is definitely a rep cheat.
Ok you got me to p0Pe

Subbed!
23RO_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 11:53   #66
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Warped minds think alike. Sorry, I like smooth edges. -Keeps me from killing myself with the computer guts.
Haha, dont brag dude, i am sure you could hurt yourself with a bloo ball :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
And BAM. I can pass the flame torch to you, my friend. You take the cake here with 3D printing. FDM, I'm certain. You should get some SLA or SLS goin' on...those are perrrty (especially with the clear-ish tint).

Although...Inventer? Really? *patooey!*
We also have SLA at school, but SLS it too expensive for my account, since i would have to have that made by an external company, and i dont have THAT much cash Would be neat though. The technology is friggin amazing!
But for now i will just have to do with the "normal" 3d prints :P
Edit:
And I use inventor beacuse thats the program the schools tells us to use :/ Everything we send must be in inventor format.. Trust me, there have been some rebellions about it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23RO_UK View Post
Ok you got me to p0Pe

Subbed!
Glad you like it

Last edited by p0Pe; 3rd Jul 2011 at 14:13.
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 08:18   #67
p0Pe
gief cake?

RAGE UPDATE!

Finished a bunch of 3d parts that i needed printed for testing a few days ago. Went to the school monday only to find out that some IDIOT had started two prints that would each take 16 hours = no printing time for me until tuesday.
I then came back yesterday evening only to discover THAT HE HAD FRIGGIN BROKEN THE MACHINE!!!
To all luck they already called a repair guy that should come all the way from sweeden... If everything went well, the machine should be up and running now, but i have to drive out to the school after work to check

Furthermore, a package i have been waiting on from germany have been hugely delayd, so these are a few of the reasons why things are going so slow on this.

On a brighter note, i just bought myself a Corsair AX 1200 powersupply, and might get a hold of a bulldozer setup for this thing!

Stay tuned, i hope to update within a week
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 12:49   #68
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Easy now - watch your blood pressure. Rage and anger can only cause bad case modding, so settle down and - eh... look at the nice weather we have outside today! ;D

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 13:02   #69
p0Pe
gief cake?

Bwaaah:P The wather might be OK, but i am sitting indoor at work, and wont get off until 4 a clock -.-
After that i am heading DIRECTLY to the 3d printer at the school to see if they got it fixed We can handle the blood preassure thing from there lol... Im going nuclear if its still broken xD
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 13:08   #70
fata1_666

fata1_666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow very nice wish i had skills, even the 3d render looks amazing!
fata1_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 13:11   #71
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fata1_666 View Post
wow very nice wish i had skills, even the 3d render looks amazing!
Thank you very much If you like the renderings there, i think you will also like the ones in my PC-Beto project
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=178681
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 20:04   #72
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

I thought you updated with a part. On the plus side, I doubt you ever see that guy again.
...Unless he's one of those clods who keeps screwing stuff up until you have to kick him out. If that's the case, he will be hovering over the repairman waiting for him to finish.
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 20:25   #73
p0Pe
gief cake?

Well... My print is in line, and should be done tomorrow

It will then have to get into acid for a few hours (10+) and then dry. Then I can fit in the things I want to test

Sorry to disappoint you :P
Old 4th Aug 2011, 17:55   #74
p0Pe
gief cake?

Print done!!! Could not wait to get off at work and pick this up I had to drive out to the school this morning to start it up beacuse I did not trust that the guy before me had startet the next print in line, and I was right

But first of all, I would like to introduce my new psu for this build! Got this one unused from a mate! This puppy should provide plenty of power for the components that will go in, and I highly doubt that I will EVER max it out lol!

Now this is the "not so pritty" part that I want to do something too. Even if sleeved this IMO looks bad.

A thing that I am not to fond of with the case is the round holes in the back and inside. Its a square case, so it need square parts :P

Again, to show the plugs.

But now for the fun stuff!!! Cant tell you how glad I was to see this:P

Parts as they looked in the machine. You can clearly see the brown stuff that is the support material, and the actual "white" stuff that is the plastic.

I printed 6 parts that would tell me if I had all the measurements correct.

Just to show the scale of the parts, here is a picture of some of the stuff. You can see that the printer prints 4 layers per milimeter!

After breaking off the support material, the parts are ready for use! These were easy, but most of the other parts will under normal circumstances need to be put into an acid bath for 10 hours or so.

The two plates you saw before will be put together and mounted here. I need to finish the design and print two more. I have a certain plan to pimp these up further They simply "click" together which is very usefull

And a shot from the inside.

This is the most important part, so let me show you how I want it to work.
The plan is to take the plugs for the psu, and mount them in this part.

To hold the peices in place, I made a part looking like this to "clamp" into the plug.

This basicly works by keeping the plug pressed up against the other side, where it is fastened in a 1 mm hole as you can see on the pwnzor paint drawing above. The blue part is the "clamp" and the green is the main plug. The black is of course the 8 pin GFX plug that goes into the psu.

This is the place where the clamp goes in, after the 8 pins have been insertet.

And this is how it looks insertet. I can tell you that it will NEVER come out.. And how do I know this? Beacuse this is a test piece, and I need to get that plug out again

And last but not least, This is a preview of how it will look on the psu itself. Please note that this is not how the final version will look! Final version is much bigger, much smarter, and very clever if I have to say it myself

Just need to go back and readjust the tolerances on the drawing to make some more room for the plugs. They were not exactly easy to get inthere

Hope you enjoyd this update! Stay tuned for the finished part soon
Old 4th Aug 2011, 18:58   #75
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice pOPe that 3d printing is so awesome ^^
Cant wait to see that piece finished
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 19:23   #76
Big Elf
I am invisible

Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.
Just a minor question but are you planning on making a 'plug' for the USB and other ports on the front of the case?
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X 4.6GHz│24GB Corsair Dominator GT 1964MHz│NVIDIA GTX580 Tri-SLI│Crucial M4 128GB x 2│Seagate Momentus 1TB x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK FC-580 GTX x 3│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3Swiftech 35X2
Big Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 20:23   #77
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
Very nice pOPe that 3d printing is so awesome ^^
Cant wait to see that piece finished
Thank you alain-s! Neither can I lol
Right now I stand between if i should drive out to the school tomorrow and start the final print, or if I should wait a few days and see if I come up with changes for the design. I think I will use an hour more on it tonight to see if anything pops in, and if not, print Guess the print should take 8 to 16 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Elf View Post
Just a minor question but are you planning on making a 'plug' for the USB and other ports on the front of the case?
If I understand your question correct then yes

Everything wire related will be done in this way to hide them best posible
Old 4th Aug 2011, 20:31   #78
Big Elf
I am invisible

Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.Big Elf is definitely a rep cheat.
If you come up with a solution to hide the front USB and Firewire ports when not in use I'd be interested in how you do it. It's a pity they didn't make the plastic internals of the ports in black rather than white which would have helped.
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X 4.6GHz│24GB Corsair Dominator GT 1964MHz│NVIDIA GTX580 Tri-SLI│Crucial M4 128GB x 2│Seagate Momentus 1TB x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK FC-580 GTX x 3│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3Swiftech 35X2
Big Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2011, 20:31   #79
razerz
Multimodder

razerz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just went trough your log, and I have to say that I'm very impressed by your designs and ideas. I especially like the pump mount on the radiator.
Old 4th Aug 2011, 21:06   #80
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Elf View Post
If you come up with a solution to hide the front USB and Firewire ports when not in use I'd be interested in how you do it. It's a pity they didn't make the plastic internals of the ports in black rather than white which would have helped.
If we are thinking about the same thing, then I am already working on a cover for it, but it is quite low priority at the moment:P The part I will print tomorrow have gotten all the attention lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerz View Post
I just went trough your log, and I have to say that I'm very impressed by your designs and ideas. I especially like the pump mount on the radiator.
Thank you very much! And I am not done with that yet So many plans, so little time

View Mode