bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Aug 2011, 21:25   #81
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
3 more photo´s because I just got it fittet I need to take 0.25 mm off the "clamp" plates. But that is already done, and the main part will be printet tomorrow

I will be back tomorrow morning
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 01:56   #82
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
It's a neat idea, but you will need a way to pull it free. I've had a few 24 pin plugs that were an atomic *itch to get out. I'd hate to think what this will be like.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 04:20   #83
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow so precise it's stuck, madness .

3d printing is something I might consider using at some point if I can't think of a way to fab a complex idea in a diy way, love the cable wrap around piece though, really nice idea, bet those could be sold for a nice price .

You've been pushing the innovation with cables mate, was it you who first did the 24 pin holes for the ATX cable with beto for nice cable upgradability, I think it was the first time I seen it done anyway.

Not sure where this is going but that's how I like it & I'm sure it will rock as always .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 07:47   #84
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
It's a neat idea, but you will need a way to pull it free. I've had a few 24 pin plugs that were an atomic *itch to get out. I'd hate to think what this will be like.
Already thought of that:P Just a flat object in each side and pry it out From what i have testet so far, it should be doable If not, well, then it really dont "need" to come off lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Wow so precise it's stuck, madness .

3d printing is something I might consider using at some point if I can't think of a way to fab a complex idea in a diy way, love the cable wrap around piece though, really nice idea, bet those could be sold for a nice price .

You've been pushing the innovation with cables mate, was it you who first did the 24 pin holes for the ATX cable with beto for nice cable upgradability, I think it was the first time I seen it done anyway.

Not sure where this is going but that's how I like it & I'm sure it will rock as always .
Thank you Waynio It was actually a little "to" precise, so i had to shave off 0.25 milimeter of the clamps :P
I was quite proud of the cable manegement in pc-beto, but i think that most people who saw the mod did not really notice, so for this one i am going all in
The next mod is already on the planning board, where I also will use the 3d printer lol

Small update, threw the finished part in the printer this morning before i had to drive to work

So in 7 hours and 110 cm^3 of material, it will be ready for the acid bath!
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:03   #85
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
It's a neat idea
Well, I'm not too keen on it...
(not that I need to be, but since this is a public worklog, you must expect personal opinions, right?).

Sorry, but I just don't really see the point of it - if the idea is to hide the "entrance of the cables into the PSU", then why would you want to substitute a nice, black connector with a big, white block?

Would a metal shield, painted black and with nice grommets for the cables to pass through have been a more elegant solution? Of course, it would need some more manual labor to complete, but I envision that the result would be visually nicer than this.

Having said that, I do realize that you're not done yet, so... surprise me?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 10:13   #86
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Well, I'm not too keen on it...
(not that I need to be, but since this is a public worklog, you must expect personal opinions, right?).

Sorry, but I just don't really see the point of it - if the idea is to hide the "entrance of the cables into the PSU", then why would you want to substitute a nice, black connector with a big, white block?

Would a metal shield, painted black and with nice grommets for the cables to pass through have been a more elegant solution? Of course, it would need some more manual labor to complete, but I envision that the result would be visually nicer than this.

Having said that, I do realize that you're not done yet, so... surprise me?
Thanks for telling your oppinion Mads It means a lot!

And dont worry I understand your thoughts, and am happy to say that i think you will be surprised
Old 5th Aug 2011, 12:03   #87
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey, I expect nothing less from you.

Old 5th Aug 2011, 12:48   #88
Korvus
May contain traces of sanity.

Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Interesting Curious to see how this one goes. Not often you get 3d printing involved in mod projects
Korvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 13:08   #89
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Hey, I expect nothing less from you.
I dont expect you to expect less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Jakl View Post
Interesting Curious to see how this one goes. Not often you get 3d printing involved in mod projects
I think its the price tag that scares most people away
Old 5th Aug 2011, 22:29   #90
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2011, 23:17   #91
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can you print wax with that 3D printer? If so you could make aluminium parts using lost wax casting.

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2011, 09:19   #92
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
http://almostdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/i-came-again.jpg
Hahaha Never saw that one before mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Can you print wax with that 3D printer? If so you could make aluminium parts using lost wax casting.
The other machine we have prints wax as support material, but that melts away at 90 degrees, so I dont think it will hold the what, 700 degrees it takes to melt aluminium:P

Now what is this? Another update :O

Parts as they looked pulled from the printer!

Again,

And as they look with the support material. You can partly see a little "easter egg" I made here:P

After getting the worst support material off, it looks like this

And this:P

And this xD The more support material I can "break" off, the less the acid have to melt away.
And yeah, I really need to cut my nails!

A little size comparison versus a hand that I found lying around.

And then drop it into the acid bath! Looks tasty right? It aint, and it DON'T smell good lol... Like getting a hedgehog shoved up your nose.

Now lets fast forward 15 hours, and the part is ready to take out!

Clean as a whistle

Pics of the finished part. You wont really see the "Made by pope" inthere, but I thought it was a fun little thing to do, even tough it will be covered up:P And if anyone should steal the case i have proof its mine trololol!

To cover the hole thing up, I cut this plate. The plan is to cut some sort of pattern in it, don´t quite know what yet. I might print this in 3d instead to get a consistant look.

Last but not least, how it sits on the psu.
"But hey, somethings missing?"
Yup, the lower part will be done seperatly. And why this?

The top part house only wires that will run to the motherboard, and the lower part is going out to everything else. Why this is a good idea, I will show in a later update, since its hard to explain

Hope you enjoyd! I have more parts in the printer, so another update is on the way!
Old 6th Aug 2011, 13:13   #93
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Beautiful! Just... Wow...
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2011, 18:56   #94
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks good, my only concern is that you could run out of ideas by the time you finish your PSU Mods !!
Old 6th Aug 2011, 19:11   #95
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
HOLY COWS !!!!
Dam that really looks sweeeeeetettttt
I want wan
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2011, 22:26   #96
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
seriously, Pope! you f'ing rock!
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2011, 00:15   #97
Idioteque
Telephasic Mongoose

Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
...Nice.
Old 7th Aug 2011, 10:31   #98
Nutman

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
I dont expect you to expect less
And I don't expect you to expect me to ex..... oh, forget. Let's move on.

Quote:
The other machine we have prints wax as support material, but that melts away at 90 degrees, so I dont think it will hold the what, 700 degrees it takes to melt aluminium:P
Well, the idea behind casting is to create a solid form that will melt away easily when poured over with hot metal. That solid form you wrap in something that will withstand the heat and forms what will become the mold. So, 90 degrees celcius sounds like a fine temperature to me?

The 3D printed stuff is slightly yellowed - is it safe to assume that you will paint those parts later on?

If yes, what does it take to make the paint stick to it? A good plastics primer?

Old 7th Aug 2011, 11:15   #99
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Beautiful! Just... Wow...
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManc View Post
Looks good, my only concern is that you could run out of ideas by the time you finish your PSU Mods !!
Hehe, lets hope I dont

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
HOLY COWS !!!!
Dam that really looks sweeeeeetettttt
I want wan
If you have a AX PSU, hit me up:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA View Post
seriously, Pope! you f'ing rock!
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
...Nice.

Quote:
And I don't expect you to expect me to ex..... oh, forget. Let's move on.

Well, the idea behind casting is to create a solid form that will melt away easily when poured over with hot metal. That solid form you wrap in something that will withstand the heat and forms what will become the mold. So, 90 degrees celcius sounds like a fine temperature to me?

The 3D printed stuff is slightly yellowed - is it safe to assume that you will paint those parts later on?

If yes, what does it take to make the paint stick to it? A good plastics primer?
Ahh, I forgot how casting works lol

And paint is sooooo 2010 If I decide to make them another color I will use dye Gives a better result with plastic parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFif1...eature=related

Will of course make some testing before throwing the parts in

Right now I am just deciding whether to keep the black and white scheme, or go crazy with something like yellow or green
Old 7th Aug 2011, 12:50   #100
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
If you have a AX PSU, hit me up:P
I will keep that in mind for my next mod ^^
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode