bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 24th Oct 2011, 21:41   #141
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
Drifted off to CNC heaven watching hat video Absolutely love that little tool changer!
We just placed an order for a 3D systems Projet MP3000 today at work so I may have to rack your brain soon Hans!

Last edited by Editor22; 24th Oct 2011 at 22:25.
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2011, 21:55   #142
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Never watched a video of a cnc machine before due to the abundance of better things on the internet ..... I have however just seen the end of yours

Keep the work coming Pope!
Old 24th Oct 2011, 22:16   #143
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
this is simply fantastic !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2011, 17:22   #144
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Drifted off to CNC heaven watching hat video Absolutely love that little tool changer!
We just placed an order for a 3D systems Projet MP3000 today at work so I may have to rack your brain soon Hans!
Thats wicked mate I expect some parts soon then

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManc View Post
Never watched a video of a cnc machine before due to the abundance of better things on the internet ..... I have however just seen the end of yours

Keep the work coming Pope!
Thank you man! And I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
this is simply fantastic !
Thank you mate!

Just to show how good my measures is on this thing:P

p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2011, 17:32   #145
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Perfecto .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2011, 17:37   #146
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking good p0Pe , sweet video too

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2011, 19:02   #147
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
A*
Old 25th Oct 2011, 19:32   #148
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just read through all your posts on this build p0Pe and i must say it's .

subescribed and +rep
Old 26th Oct 2011, 19:05   #149
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweeeeet fit! First mod I've seen of the AC rads. If you had to figure out what kind of O-rings to use, please post the specs. So that others may follow in your fresh footprints.

That zeroing setup on the tool changer is awesome. Watching the machine clip the work every time it changed position made me cringe, though. That could chip like a mofo on something like plexiglas.
The position of the rad/res has me thinking you might have them ported together with a custom plug too.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2011, 00:57   #150
Kiliv
Multimodder

Kiliv has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this is amazing you make me wish i had access to half the gear you do. keep up the amazing work dude
Kiliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2011, 23:17   #151
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Perfecto .
Thanks Waynio With that mod of yours one have something to live up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Looking good p0Pe , sweet video too
Thanks I was a bit nervous getting all the dust in my camera but i think it went fine:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
A*
Yay! Vacation! (I wish:P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
just read through all your posts on this build p0Pe and i must say it's .

subescribed and +rep
Im glad you like it And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Sweeeeet fit! First mod I've seen of the AC rads. If you had to figure out what kind of O-rings to use, please post the specs. So that others may follow in your fresh footprints.

That zeroing setup on the tool changer is awesome. Watching the machine clip the work every time it changed position made me cringe, though. That could chip like a mofo on something like plexiglas.
The position of the rad/res has me thinking you might have them ported together with a custom plug too.
Thanks Cheaps! I just used the o-rings from the little connectors they sell And I guess I should slow down the plunge speed when I will work with acrylic:P Thanks

And about porting them together - look below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliv View Post
this is amazing you make me wish i had access to half the gear you do. keep up the amazing work dude
Thanks man! I am also glad that I can use it:P

Just wanted to show you all how this thing works, as it really is not a reservoir lol.

This is how the water will flow, coming in in the bottom and exiting in the top.

And for the connections - The main reason to make this thing was because I thought it would look cool (lol) and because setting the pump and radiator together by itself would look dumb.
So how it works now is that the pump pumps the water into the, lets just call it the showoff reservoir for now, and then into the radiator. The acrylic tubes in the picture will of course be replaced with some longer ones:P

The main reservoir will sit in the front and occupy the three 120 mm fanslots there (did anyone say 40 mm POM?)

Stay tuned
Old 27th Oct 2011, 23:43   #152
Kojak
Who loves ya baby

Kojak has yet to learn the way of the DremelKojak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely awesome matey, lots of ideas bursting out of this one ... and those rads are gorgeous your using!!!!! +rep
Old 28th Oct 2011, 00:43   #153
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Three 120 mm. fanslots? How huge is that thing going to be? If it's going to become a waterfall res, it sounds like something you could actually die from riding down inside a wooden barrel, so tall it's going to be?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2011, 10:08   #154
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Absolutely awesome matey, lots of ideas bursting out of this one ... and those rads are gorgeous your using!!!!! +rep
Thanks mate More to come hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Three 120 mm. fanslots? How huge is that thing going to be? If it's going to become a waterfall res, it sounds like something you could actually die from riding down inside a wooden barrel, so tall it's going to be?
Hehe thank you Mads!

The reservoir wont be a waterfall reservoir. That would make some un-wanted noice in the case, and my goal is absolute silence

I might post some renders of the big reservoir tonight But I am not sure that it is totally done
Old 28th Oct 2011, 10:59   #155
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lovely pOPe i see that the connecter line up perfect. But if u place the plexiglass window in the reservoir wont the hole thing move 4to 5mm depending how thick it is. Then i think the connector from rad to res wouldn't line up again?
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2011, 11:35   #156
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
Lovely pOPe i see that the connecter line up perfect. But if u place the plexiglass window in the reservoir wont the hole thing move 4to 5mm depending how thick it is. Then i think the connector from rad to res wouldn't line up again?
Sharp eye you have there mate Have a +rep for that!
And yes, you are absolutely right the offset will be 4.5 mm duo to the plexi glass plate. With the fitting screwed in tight, that should be enough to cover for the offset you see in the pic below.

As you see on this picture, there is a offset on the fitting now So it should like up just right when the acrylic cover gets in place
Old 28th Oct 2011, 11:40   #157
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Thanks mate More to come hopefully!

Hehe thank you Mads!

The reservoir wont be a waterfall reservoir. That would make some un-wanted noice in the case, and my goal is absolute silence

I might post some renders of the big reservoir tonight But I am not sure that it is totally done
Uh oh, I foresee an "Ant farm"-ish reservoir then.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2011, 12:22   #158
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Perfect pOPe
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2011, 16:29   #159
p0Pe
gief cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Uh oh, I foresee an "Ant farm"-ish reservoir then.
Dont get your hopes up It will be clean and simple I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post
Perfect pOPe
Thanks Alain

Tested the flow in the thing. Works quite well

And yes, that is a wire acting as a o-ring inthere Worked.. erm.. somewhat OK xD

And the testsetup
Old 28th Oct 2011, 16:30   #160
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
(did anyone say 40 mm POM?)
You did.... you did!!

that sounds epic dude!

View Mode