bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:06   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Introducing The New Score System

We're updating the scoring system and awards - find out more about the upcoming changes.

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2011/04...score-system/1
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:08   #2
fakeN
Multimodder

fakeN has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
1rd
fakeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:10   #3
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Atleast the award names are better than "Kick Ass"!

But I 100% agree on the grading system, never understood why other people don't use a percentage rather than 10/10 or 5/5 etc.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:13   #4
zulu9812
Multimodder

zulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What constitutes "Design"?
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:17   #5
Eggy
Multimodder

Eggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Extreme Ultra lol
Eggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:23   #6
Jaffo
Modder

Jaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaffo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
7/10
Jaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:32   #7
SpAceman
Supermodder

SpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSpAceman is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I love it. Extreme Ultra from me.
SpAceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:36   #8
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait to play an extreme ultra game.
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:37   #9
Odini
Modder

Odini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is it just me or does everyone now want a 'Scale of Awesomeness' to apply to every facet of life?
Odini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:38   #10
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu9812
What constitutes "Design"?
That depends on what is being reviewed. For a CPU cooler for instance it could cover things such as how easy it is to fit, the size, the noise, does it have a fan controller. Whereas for a headset it would cover things such as comfort and tone controls.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:40   #11
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Extreme Ultra lol
Yeah....I thought that too. It sounds like some bull**** marketing hyperbole that manufacturers would rather put on their boxes than the current 'Recommended' award TBH.

/takes off cynical hat

[Steam] - [Battlelog]

Last edited by Claave; 14th Apr 2011 at 12:44. Reason: This is a family-friendly forum, thank you...
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:40   #12
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
I presume you'll be updating the score guide to detail the differences between a 79 and an 80?
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:47   #13
FvD
What's a Dremel?

FvD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
'Extreme Ultra' seriously? Must be a belated April Fools' joke. At least i hope so.

Why not call it Enthusiast(s Choice) or some such.

Last edited by FvD; 14th Apr 2011 at 12:55.
FvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:48   #14
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Speed : 10/100
Implementation : 90/100
Value : 100/100
Overall : 80/100

Ljs Approved : Super- Mega-Epic Award.
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:50   #15
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

vdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I assume "Extreme Ultra" is similar to CPC's "Crazy but Cool"?
vdbswong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:51   #16
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't think "Extreme Ultra" is quite silly enough. The next time I read a review of something like the EVGA SR-2 or GTX 590, I want to see an "It's over 9000!!!!" award.
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:55   #17
Bad_cancer
Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Bad_cancer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Urm, I don't usually comment on this kind of thing, but here goes:

I love the new scoring system. Its precise and simple to understand and I like the new badges....

BUT

Extreme ultra?....wouldn't Extreme suffice?

Edit: If you are going the silly route, I put forward a motion to rename "Extreme Ultra" the "Over 9000" award as stated by r3loaded.

Q9550 | Evga 790i ultra sli | 4gb Ram | 2x Gtx460 (1gb) | 1Tb storage | Icute titanium 750w |
Cold lava~MOTM Nominee May 2010.
Bad_cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:59   #18
Faunus
Multimodder

Faunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run CrysisFaunus can run Crysis
... but is it Extreme Ultra B3, or will we need to swap it out?

$ chown -R nobody:nobody /
Faunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 13:00   #19
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Generally approve of all of this...I think it's about time we changed the review system! And happy for this to go inline with CPC.

But really, EXTREME ULTRA!1!!ONEONE!lolgasm!! for a game isn't neccessary at all...In fact I've never heard anyone refer to a game as extreme ultra....come to think of it, i've not heard that for a PC component either...

Scrap the ultra, please! It's borderline childish!
Old 14th Apr 2011, 13:01   #20
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_cancer
Urm, I don't usually comment on this kind of thing, but here goes:

I love the new scoring system. Its precise and simple to understand and I like the new badges....

BUT

Extreme ultra?....wouldn't Extreme suffice?
Extreme Ultra is a bit of an office in-joke - and something we felt was suitably hyperbolic to express the semi-seriousness of that award. It's essentially the same as Crazy but Cool, yes.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote