bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Apr 2011, 10:10   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Review

Is the Lego Star Wars series outstaying its welcome? We take a look at the latest iteration.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2011/...-wars-review/1
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:04   #2
justicefornone
Minimodder

justicefornone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Must admit really enjoying the game, really impressed with the dynamic lighting (which I honestly wasn't expecting), and just the overall prettiness of the game. Great to just blast through the occasional level, for me it is very much a casual game, just with hour long levels instead of lots of short levels. Agreed that it is just more of the same but at least, unlike many other companies Telltale are playing 'If it ain't broke...' while adding the odd new feature which happily *isn't* breaking the game.

Looking forward to PotC now!
justicefornone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:37   #3
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, it's over nine thousand times better than the film then.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:46   #4
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
I'll probably get this, being a fan of star wars and lego, enjoyed both the previous games, and more of the same with a couple of new bits doesn't sound too bad to me
Old 16th Apr 2011, 12:04   #5
Pete J
The upgrade bug biteth...

Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Somehow, a game about miniature plastic Jedi and clone troopers comes across as less plastic than the billion dollar film projects on which it's based.
Genius!

I've only played the very first Lego game (Star Wars) but I have to say, it was very well presented with aesthetically pleasing graphics. It was also actually quite funny in places.

Having battles with large amounts of Lego sounds absolutely awesome!
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 13:07   #6
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis
A Clone Wars film?? You must be mistaken, there are only 3 Star Wars films...
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 14:50   #7
justicefornone
Minimodder

justicefornone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljs
Quote:
*Applauds* Made the mistake of paying too see the above non-existent film at the cinema. The only thing in this life I will ever regret. Least SOME goods come from it (Gaaaaaame!!)
justicefornone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 18:06   #8
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I tried one of the lego star wars games and found it rather dull and the humour pretty obvious. Probably give this a miss tbh.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 19:03   #9
Ninja_182
Enginerd!

Ninja_182 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Who stole the lightsabre from the final screenshot? At least they had the decency to leave its light.

flickr?
Ninja_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 19:49   #10
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
My 10yrs old son loves the 'lego' series of games, sure it's typically not that indifferent from the others, that does not make it a bad game.

None of this style is my 'cup o tea' but given how much fans of the genre adhere themselves to this and clone wars being more relevant to the target audience than the 'real' star wars films.

With the demographic in mind, I think your rating of the game was really harsh - I;d give it 85% coz it's great if this style of game is your thing.
maverik-sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 06:26   #11
wardogz
Minimodder

wardogz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My two boys play this together and are infactuated with it, ages 6 and 8, then again, they're mad about anything starwars related and they like lego, how could they not like this game? , two logitech rumble pads connected to the PC and I'm guaranteed two happy kids and some peace and quiet whilst I watch the footy .
wardogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 08:18   #12
mpr
Multimodder

mpr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljs
Quote:
Technically there is a clone wars film, but it's also better than the most 3 recent "real" films... The animated one is what I'm on about.
mpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 17:34   #13
TimB
Minimodder

TimB has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No mention of how horribly it was ported to PC? Doesnt even support a mouse.
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2011, 09:06   #14
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicefornone
unlike many other companies Telltale are playing 'If it ain't broke...' while adding the odd new feature which happily *isn't* breaking the game.
...I think you mean "Traveller's Tales", TellTale made that god-awful abortion of a Monkey Island sequel. Different studio altogether.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote