1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. justicefornone

justicefornone What's a Dremel?

Must admit really enjoying the game, really impressed with the dynamic lighting (which I honestly wasn't expecting), and just the overall prettiness of the game. Great to just blast through the occasional level, for me it is very much a casual game, just with hour long levels instead of lots of short levels. Agreed that it is just more of the same but at least, unlike many other companies Telltale are playing 'If it ain't broke...' while adding the odd new feature which happily *isn't* breaking the game.

Looking forward to PotC now!

3. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Wow, it's over nine thousand times better than the film then.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'll probably get this, being a fan of star wars and lego, enjoyed both the previous games, and more of the same with a couple of new bits doesn't sound too bad to me :)

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Genius!

I've only played the very first Lego game (Star Wars) but I have to say, it was very well presented with aesthetically pleasing graphics. It was also actually quite funny in places.

Having battles with large amounts of Lego sounds absolutely awesome!

6. Ljs

Ljs Modder

A Clone Wars film?? You must be mistaken, there are only 3 Star Wars films...

7. justicefornone

justicefornone What's a Dremel?

*Applauds* Made the mistake of paying too see the above non-existent film at the cinema. The only thing in this life I will ever regret. Least SOME goods come from it (Gaaaaaame!!)

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I tried one of the lego star wars games and found it rather dull and the humour pretty obvious. Probably give this a miss tbh.

9. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Who stole the lightsabre from the final screenshot? At least they had the decency to leave its light.

10. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

My 10yrs old son loves the 'lego' series of games, sure it's typically not that indifferent from the others, that does not make it a bad game.

None of this style is my 'cup o tea' but given how much fans of the genre adhere themselves to this and clone wars being more relevant to the target audience than the 'real' star wars films.

With the demographic in mind, I think your rating of the game was really harsh - I;d give it 85% coz it's great if this style of game is your thing.

11. wardogz

wardogz What's a Dremel?

My two boys play this together and are infactuated with it, ages 6 and 8, then again, they're mad about anything starwars related and they like lego, how could they not like this game? , two logitech rumble pads connected to the PC and I'm guaranteed two happy kids and some peace and quiet whilst I watch the footy :).

12. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Technically there is a clone wars film, but it's also better than the most 3 recent "real" films... The animated one is what I'm on about.

13. TimB

TimB What's a Dremel?

No mention of how horribly it was ported to PC? Doesnt even support a mouse.

14. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

...I think you mean "Traveller's Tales", TellTale made that god-awful abortion of a Monkey Island sequel. Different studio altogether.

Tags: Add Tags