bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Apr 2011, 10:41   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Meet Heather Poe

This is Heather Poe. She’s a young woman, living in Los Angeles and attending college there, though it isn’t her hometown. She’s kind, happy, eager to please and a little bit geeky. She’s also one of the best features of one of my favourite games, Troika’s Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...t-heather-poe/
Old 17th Apr 2011, 11:03   #2
vaderag
I know what a Dremel is...

vaderag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very interesting. This is one of those games that I never played, but always meant to... with so much coming out these days, it's difficult to find the time to go back to retro games, even though they are so often worth it!
vaderag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 11:07   #3
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
In LA? She could have just got a job at Wolfram and Hart.

In all seriousness, nice, thoughtfelt piece, Joe.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 11:36   #4
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Um, I was too busy noticing her boobs to get the point of the story
Old 17th Apr 2011, 11:48   #5
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
It wasn't the fact that you didn't like her outfit so next time you meet her she's wearing next to nothing?

Or that fact that Janette/Jeanne Voerman is in a minxy schoolgirl outfit?

Kidding, yes, this is a great game. I loved it.
Old 17th Apr 2011, 12:15   #6
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tits!
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 13:19   #7
jon
Multimodder

jon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is definitely one of those games (perhaps the only one) that changed my perspective on what being the "hero" meant. Sure, you're out to save Vampire society, but you have the opportunity to feast off human lives as well. It's pretty awesome.
Old 17th Apr 2011, 13:39   #8
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Brilliant little article; it's nicely written and captures a lot of the sentiment involved in that whole interaction; even if you give it much more depth than the game itself does on its own without personal reflection. (Pun not intended)
Old 17th Apr 2011, 14:38   #9
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Oooh... I had completely forgotten about Heather Poe. Maybe I should fire that game up again some time soon. It had a lot of atmosphere ...and also its fair share of bugs.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA

Last edited by azrael-; 17th Apr 2011 at 20:20.
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 15:23   #10
justicefornone
Minimodder

justicefornone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
really hoping this comes up on gog at some point. A game always wanted too play but never got too. They have the one game so fingers crossed!
justicefornone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 15:25   #11
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Played the game many many times. The community patches did wonders for it. May have to give it yet another go.
Old 17th Apr 2011, 18:03   #12
vdbswong
It's a Hedgehod

vdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitvdbswong is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Another game to replay !

Although i don't want to go in that mansion ever again...

Ever.
vdbswong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 18:54   #13
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
Another game to replay !

Although i don't want to go in that mansion ever again...

Ever.
You mean the hotel? Try Shalebridge Cradle in Thief Deadly Shadows.
Old 17th Apr 2011, 19:20   #14
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bloodlines is indeed a fantastic game, but it really needs some of the fan patches to make it... stable. It's really a shame that troika was rushed so heavily on it too, since so rarely do we come across something dripping so much style, so much substance.

Oh yeah, and Shalebridge Cradle is ****ing unnerving, especially considering there's FOUR enemies in the normal world portions, one of which is locked away by default.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 21:39   #15
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulatin View Post
Bloodlines is indeed a fantastic game, but it really needs some of the fan patches to make it... stable. It's really a shame that troika was rushed so heavily on it too, since so rarely do we come across something dripping so much style, so much substance.

Oh yeah, and Shalebridge Cradle is ****ing unnerving, especially considering there's FOUR enemies in the normal world portions, one of which is locked away by default.
There are fan patchs that made the game way more stable and they added in some of the missing content.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 01:00   #16
mute1
Multimodder

mute1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I cheated and made sure nothing bad happened...

Beware the community patches - some introduce bugs like quests not being recognised as completed (that's what happened to me). You'll have to trawl through the version notes to make sure you get an alright version. And some of the later versions make too many changes.

The official patches are fine if you can put up with a bit of texture flashing and some broken animations. The bugs were blown out of proportion. It's alright for Fallout New Vegas but not for other games? Why?
mute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 08:15   #17
mpr
Multimodder

mpr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
She looks like Garth from Waynes World... I never played this game but I also always meant to.
mpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 11:47   #18
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
hmmm, my memory...don't you have the choice to infect her or not in the beginning?

Anyway, great game, really liked it.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2011, 12:39   #19
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag
go back to retro games
WTF Retro Jesus Christ
Old 18th Apr 2011, 16:44   #20
xyzeratul
What's a Dremel?

xyzeratul has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
for those who havn't played this game, it's sort of like Deux Ex+ old Bioware RPG.

there are lots of bugs, but I really suggest u try the unoffical patch only if the game+offical patch is broken for u
xyzeratul is offline   Reply With Quote