bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Jun 2011, 15:04   #21
randomhero
Multimodder

randomhero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet! That's some serious rad you got there! 4x140mm push'n'pull configuration?
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 CPU: Intel Core I-7-2600K @ 4,636 GHz GPU: 2x MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II @ 1022 Mhz RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHZ CL8 Storage: Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB and waiting for OCZ Vertex 3 to be released in Norway Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl PSU: Corsair AX 850W OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 Keyboard: Logitec Illuminated Wireless Keyboard K800 Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 9
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2011, 15:26   #22
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
Sweet! That's some serious rad you got there! 4x140mm push'n'pull configuration?
Thanks! I believe the setup is going to be push with custom shrouds:

Old 4th Jun 2011, 16:03   #23
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking very much perfect .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2011, 23:04   #24
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice Rich. Very nice.
Old 5th Jun 2011, 14:59   #25
randomhero
Multimodder

Awesome shroud you got there! You need to do a metal working guide once you're done
Mobo: ASUS P8P67 CPU: Intel Core I-7-2600K @ 4,636 GHz GPU: 2x MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II @ 1022 Mhz RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHZ CL8 Storage: Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB and waiting for OCZ Vertex 3 to be released in Norway Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl PSU: Corsair AX 850W OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 Keyboard: Logitec Illuminated Wireless Keyboard K800 Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 9
Old 5th Jun 2011, 15:09   #26
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
Awesome shroud you got there! You need to do a metal working guide once you're done

Thanks.

Here's my aluminum working guide:
  • Cut flat/bar stock with a chop/miter saw
  • Cut sheets with a router guided by a template or straightedge
  • Drill holes with a drill press and invest in a self-centering vise
  • Don't waste your time reading my boring project logs, read Attila's instead.
Old 6th Jun 2011, 03:31   #27
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Next up is to cut the front sheet.

In order to cut-out all of the openings for the 5.25-inch drives accurately, a custom router template is required. I used .5x1-inch u-channel and .25x1.25-inch flat bar to frame the openings on .5-inch particle board.

The aluminum bits guided my flush trimming router bit.

The aluminum bits were removed and the particle board template was used to cut the .10-inch thick aluminum sheet.

Now I just need to square all of the corners and cut to width. Ugh.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 19:38   #28
randomhero
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotswood View Post
Thanks.

Here's my aluminum working guide:
  • Cut flat/bar stock with a chop/miter saw
  • Cut sheets with a router guided by a template or straightedge
  • Drill holes with a drill press and invest in a self-centering vise
  • Don't waste your time reading my boring project logs, read Attila's instead.
Oh, I'm reading his aswell belive me Nice work with the router too! Never seen Attila use a router btw :P
Old 26th Jun 2011, 21:05   #29
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

"Life" had gotten in the way of this project for a few weeks, but I've managed to fabricate the inner and outer sheets of the front panel. It took me 5 hours to square-off all of the inside corners.

Old 3rd Jul 2011, 04:01   #30
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Back sheet cut to width, height and the hole for the 10-slot motherboard tray routed out.

Old 3rd Jul 2011, 11:02   #31
Blooddrunken
In Flames we Trust

Blooddrunken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice work so far - I like the rounded corners.
Blooddrunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2011, 02:54   #32
randomhero
Multimodder

Looking good, got the exact same motherboard tray for my build
Old 11th Jul 2011, 01:40   #33
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

The inner and outer front sheets, cut to final length.

Spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2011, 04:31   #34
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking really nice Rich .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2011, 01:17   #35
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Shelves!

Old 16th Jul 2011, 04:13   #36
dark4181
Ero-sennin-tebayo

dark4181 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I remember the render threads for this in the EVGA forum. Glad to see it's finally coming to life
Intel e6550, eVGA 680 A1 D00 revision (P32 BIOS, latest drivers) eVGA 7900gs, 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz @ 1.85v, Corsair 620HX, Seagate Barracuda 500GB x2, Pioneer DVR-212D (SATA), CoolerMaster Cosmos S
dark4181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2011, 10:27   #37
ColdzeroTeam
Multimodder

ColdzeroTeam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice case you got there.
it must be sturdy as hell with all that thick alu
Old 18th Jul 2011, 03:04   #38
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

The 5.25-inch drive bay rails:

Old 6th Aug 2011, 19:34   #39
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

I bolted the 5.25-inch drive rail assemblies to the front inner sheet.

Note how the extra deep rails will completely hide the drives and cables.

Another design benefit of the front air duct is hiding all of the mounting hardware.

Old 6th Aug 2011, 20:53   #40
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Monstrous. Looking good
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode