bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Feb 2012, 05:57   #61
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Another requirement for this case is a hidden door latching mechanism.

Look Ma! No latches!

A length of .125x.75-inch flat bar was bolted to the bottom of the door to act as a lip that will hook into the u-channel along the bottom of the case, for example:

Along the top of the door, there is a piece of angle with three "hooks", which were routed out using a cobbled together router template.

A thick piece of flat bar was filed down to where it'll slide easily inside the u-channel along the top of the case. To that three "posts" were bolted to it. When slid forward, the posts will engage the hooks.

Spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 06:30   #62
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice work mate
Old 9th Feb 2012, 07:33   #63
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Beautifully done panel mounting methods. rep

Very Lian-Li style but done in a dudes shed instead of a nice factory, awesome work Rich.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 15:40   #64
motorsportcfd
Multimodder

motorsportcfd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome build! Great craftsmanship!
motorsportcfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 16:31   #65
kinghong1970
Just a Clumsy Ape

kinghong1970 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow spots... great work!

your build thread has been quite informative as well!

btw, how did you install the self clinching nuts? (PEM nuts)

Last edited by kinghong1970; 9th Feb 2012 at 17:14.
kinghong1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 03:41   #66
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Spotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the DremelSpotswood has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
wow spots... great work!

your build thread has been quite informative as well!

btw, how did you install the self clinching nuts? (PEM nuts)
Thanks.

I simply drilled the appropriate size hole and squeezed it home using my bench vise.

A large area of the right side panel was cutout for a 16x15-inch acrylic window.

Old 7th May 2012, 04:12   #67
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

I made a mistake, placing the false back too far into the case, which required having to re-fabricate the back sheet. But I figured I could take advantage of the situation by improving the mounting of the motherboard tray, by fastening the tray to the false back with a 7/8-inch long spacer.

I don't remember if I already offered this tip before, but I try to reduce the wear and tear on my 1/2-inch flush cutting router bit by first rough cutting with a 3/16-inch spiral downward cutting bit.

Old 28th May 2012, 04:31   #68
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

A PSU mounting plate was routed out of a piece .10-inch thick aluminum sheet with the help of a custom template.

In order to accurately transfer the locations of the PSU mounting holes, threaded hole transfer punches (mcmaster.com part # 3385A31) were threaded into a PSU.

And then the PSU was carefully centered and pressed into the sheeting, with the end result being a perfect squarely mounted PSU.

Old 28th May 2012, 11:40   #69
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
great, nice punches !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 12:24   #70
aRkangeL
MegaRUSH

aRkangeL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome work man, good details on that case.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:21   #71
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice to see this still rolling on Rich, looking excellent.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 12:49   #72
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Holy molly man thats SICK!!!! Excellent job !!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 13:11   #73
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great work. Love the rounded corners
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 21:41   #74
yoishiro
Minimodder

yoishiro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
jejej nice actual build of the mick64 design (thats how i calll this 3 thermal area design)

i got some questions

1. how much does it weights

2. how much it cost to make and how much u are willing to sell ?
yoishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 22:31   #75
Spotswood
Custom PC case builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoishiro View Post
jejej nice actual build of the mick64 design (thats how i calll this 3 thermal area design)

i got some questions

1. how much does it weights

2. how much it cost to make and how much u are willing to sell ?
#1: It weighs around 50 pounds.
#2: Unless you think the SilverStone TJ11 is inexpensive, you can't afford this case.
Old 31st May 2012, 03:35   #76
yoishiro
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotswood View Post
#1: It weighs around 50 pounds.
#2: Unless you think the SilverStone TJ11 is inexpensive, you can't afford this case.
wait wat?

the TJ11 inexpensive , your case cant be afforded ? what? dont get it lol

#2: Unless you think the Silverstone TJ11 is expensive, you cant afford this case.

there , i think i've fixed it
Old 31st May 2012, 04:28   #77
Wicked_Sludge
My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
spotswood has it worded correctly.

the tj11 is a $500-600 case. unless you think $600 is cheap (inexpensive), you cannot afford his case.

BTW nice work spot!
Old 31st May 2012, 06:32   #78
yoishiro
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Sludge View Post
spotswood has it worded correctly.

the tj11 is a $500-600 case. unless you think $600 is cheap (inexpensive), you cannot afford his case.

BTW nice work spot!

Que? lol

ok i got it now lol
Old 31st May 2012, 07:42   #79
xXSebaSXx
Supermodder

xXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run Crysis
There's this saying in the jewelry world: If you have to ask how much that ring is; you can't afford it.

Same applies for stuff like this case.
One of + entirely custom fabricated +made to the client's own specifications = expensive.
xXSebaSXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 17:32   #80
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx View Post
One off + entirely custom fabricated +made to the client's own specifications = DELICIOUS!
IFixedThatForYou.

Loving the heavy-duty-fied OEM features. Those punches are a sweet find too.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode