bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Apr 2011, 12:27   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
The Bitmap Brothers Interview

Will we get Chaos Engine for the iPhone? We catch up with Bitmap Brothers MD Mike Montgomery.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2011/...ry-interview/1
Old 27th Apr 2011, 12:30   #2
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
So much time spent playing their games on my Amiga 2000, back in the 80's / 90's.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 12:45   #3
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think I've played all of their games. Xenon 2 was one of my favs.
Old 27th Apr 2011, 12:56   #4
FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Wow flashback, Gods was awesome
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
FuzzyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 13:02   #5
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
I love gods, I must play it again, anywhere know where I can acquire it legally? GOG doesn't have it :-(
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 13:28   #6
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is a PC CD with a few of their games on: Magic Pockets, Gods, Cadaver, Xenon 2 & Speedball 2 (I bought it years ago when it was released, you might have a bit of luck with ebay). Not sure how they'll run on Win7, I'll try to dig the disc out tonight and find out.

http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/our...st/bb-comp.htm

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 13:36   #7
Coltch
Multimodder

Coltch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the DremelColtch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Still got Speedball on disc for PC.

Would be nice to have a blast on Xenon 2 or Speedball on my Android phone - though it's a shame that it won't happen
Old 27th Apr 2011, 13:46   #8
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Wow. He has absolutely no clue about Android does he? Paid apps and games do as well on Android as they do on iOS. Every platform has piracy even iOS.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 13:52   #9
Paul2011
Multimodder

Paul2011 has yet to learn the way of the DremelPaul2011 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Xenon 2, what a game, spent a good year or 2 addicted to that game. Loved my Amiga and had great memories of "ice cream ice cream!" with speedball 2.
Paul2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 14:10   #10
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I spent so much time playing Chaos Engine on my Amiga 1200 back in the day. Happy, happy memories.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 14:16   #11
Bungletron
Hypermodder

Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.
Used to smash those games for hours on my Amiga 500 as a kid. I did pick up a copy of Xenon II in a bargin bin on floppy disk for PC several years ago and it is true, the sound is awful on PC compared to Amiga. The only way forward is Amiga emulation.
Bungletron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 14:26   #12
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I played Xenon 2 on my Amiga A500+ over and over again. I got through to the second level! Once.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 14:32   #13
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bit-Tech your rocking. First interview with the world of tanks chaps, now weve got the bitmap!...Nerdgasm. Id like to as publishers to stop being dicks, give Bitmap some money.

Id secondly like to appologise to both the bitmaps for playing a pirate version of xenon2 and to Robert Gordons Institute of Technology for infecting there entire network with a virus from said dodgy copy game. I got HELL for that, go Karma.

Id sooo love xenon 3. Ill buy a legit copy this time, promise.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 14:57   #14
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
""I'm not sure about Android. The problem with Android is that everybody wants games for nothing, and they don't want to pay anything. Why should we spend money on something when we're not even going to recover our costs? Android's a very difficult one, because it seems like it's a free market. I don't know if there's a lot of piracy – there probably is. And if it's not commercially viable, then why bother? We're not in this business to give things away. If we can't cover the development costs, and if we're not making a profit, then what's the point? I might as well give my money to charity. ""

WHAT?

"I don't know if there is a lot of piracy - there probably is."

So you dont know but you're just going to assume there is. Brilliant!

And by the way I pay for apps and games on Android and dont expect them free. Yes I got Angry Birds free (laden with adverts) but I'd happily pay for it without the ads.
Old 27th Apr 2011, 15:10   #15
SiNTAX
What's a Dremel?

SiNTAX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they release The Chaos Engine on PSP or as a mini, they have one solid sale here! I was only looking at my old copy the other day (Atari ST) and really wanted to play it, but I have no TV/Monitor to play it on anymore. Not even sure if the ST still even works.... weekend project?

Off topic a little, but looking at my old ST games make me miss they way video games used to come, bring back the big box!!!!
SiNTAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 15:12   #16
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungletron View Post
Used to smash those games for hours on my Amiga 500 as a kid. I did pick up a copy of Xenon II in a bargin bin on floppy disk for PC several years ago and it is true, the sound is awful on PC compared to Amiga. The only way forward is Amiga emulation.
I spent a whole day lately playin' on an Amiga emulator (winuae even emulate the floppy drive sound ... and perfectly). There're software to dump your Amiga bios and make ROM from your Amiga floppy disks.

We played : IK+ (International Karate +), Sensible world of soccer, Cannon fodder, Disc, Speedball 2, Vroom, Populous, ProjectX, etc.

So many great memories

EDIT : You can use UAE4Droid on Android (it is free) ... but an Android device with a full keyboard (Moto Droid, HTC Desire Z, etc.) is more than welcomed.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 27th Apr 2011, 15:44   #17
maverik-sg1
Supermodder

maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.maverik-sg1 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Ahh man, you guys just brought up so many sweet memories - good to see all these 'greats' get together for some modern-day madness, we're just missing Rob Hubbard to do a music score now

Talking retro - I'd love to see a new 'Elite' I read a few year back that Mr Bell was working on it, also Paradroid/Uridium would be a cool remake for the tablet/smartphone generation I am sure.
maverik-sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 15:52   #18
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

OMG, Frontier : Elite

Old 27th Apr 2011, 16:19   #19
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan View Post
Wow. He has absolutely no clue about Android does he? Paid apps and games do as well on Android as they do on iOS. Every platform has piracy even iOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veato View Post
<SNIP>

"I don't know if there is a lot of piracy - there probably is."

So you dont know but you're just going to assume there is. Brilliant!

And by the way I pay for apps and games on Android and dont expect them free. Yes I got Angry Birds free (laden with adverts) but I'd happily pay for it without the ads.
Loved Bitmap Brothers games in their (and my) heyday, but his Android comments got to me too. I could have understood him playing the "fragmentation" card, but to simply assume all Android software (or at least games) is pirated seems moronic, to put it diplomatically. Perhaps he hasn't access to a good Android developer?

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 16:34   #20
UrbanSmooth
Surround Gamer

UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!UrbanSmooth - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Droid X users, rejoice!

The largest current phone screen + games = magnificent!
UrbanSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote