bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:33   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Portal 2 DLC confirmed

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...lc-confirmed/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:41   #2
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh goody, more hats for Portal 2!
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:48   #3
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
harder levels please! may be levels that require fast portal placement? for example, the up-down-up platform part in test chamber 18 of Portal 1. or just advanced maps.

also, i was a bit disappointed by the lack of crusher levels and lack of the vacuum tube.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:56   #4
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
I think there'll be some DLC to tie in with the Razer Hydra. Really considering buying that when it's released.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:58   #5
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I said this before elsewhere... It was clear this is going to be their next TF2/L4D/L4D2. I seen this in the first moment i started the coop. They will just add new rooms over time, otherwise it would not make sense having all this shop and trading stuff .
Old 28th Apr 2011, 11:26   #6
Jim
Ineptimodder

Jim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for president
That's fine with me. If I have to wait 2 years for them to release the whole lot in a pack for a fiver, I'll wait.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 11:28   #7
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
also, i was a bit disappointed by the lack of crusher levels and lack of the vacuum tube.
Dammit, you're right... what happened to them?

ps, I've not played co-op yet so if they're in there then don't worry!
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 11:42   #8
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On a scale of want ...

hats 1/10
emotes 2/10
map packs 10/10
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 12:04   #9
Singularity
Supermodder

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveller
On a scale of want ...

hats 1/10
emotes 2/10
map packs 10/10
exactly!
Old 28th Apr 2011, 12:38   #10
sstteevveenn
Minimodder

sstteevveenn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsstteevveenn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsstteevveenn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveller
On a scale of want ...

hats 1/10
emotes 2/10
map packs 10/10
episode 3 100/10
sstteevveenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 14:09   #11
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
i was a bit disappointed by the lack of crusher levels and lack of the vacuum tube.
Don't you think that the blue tubes were the equivalent of the vacuum tubes shown on the trailers?
just reworked a bit.

Don't like the idea of this paid for DLC though, might be ok to pull that crap on console users but paying for stupid hats, gestures and maps could start a trend for it on PC.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 14:35   #12
iwog
Linux cursed

iwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremeliwog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That trend is here already unfortunately.

Blag on the Intertubes
iwog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 15:00   #13
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Valve have never charged for new levels on PC before (and are on record as saying that they only charge on consoles because microsoft/sony require it), so there's no reason to expect them to do it now.
Hats and crap though, they'll happily charge for...
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 15:23   #14
von_stylon
uber micro

von_stylon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they will have to fix the broken drm before they do anything else
von_stylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 15:46   #15
faugusztin

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodspoon View Post
Don't like the idea of this paid for DLC though, might be ok to pull that crap on console users but paying for stupid hats, gestures and maps could start a trend for it on PC.
Who said anything about paid DLC ? We talk about Valve, not EA.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 16:39   #16
Webby63
Minimodder

Webby63 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yay! maybe they will give use some level packs, ones with harder levels would be nice
Webby63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 16:53   #17
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin
Quote:
Who said anything about paid DLC ? We talk about Valve, not EA.
Clearly you've not explored the game then.
In game you can pay for additional hat's, gestures, skins and stuff for the multi-player bots, Atlas and P-body
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2011, 16:58   #18
r3loaded
Ultramodder

One thing to bear in mind about Valve is that in TF2, they've always provided an alternative option to unlock items that affect the gameplay mechanics. While you can buy the Polycount packs, there are crafting recipes to craft the weapons and hats in each set for free. Much unlike EA with Battlefield Play4"Free". In addition, nearly every item (bar the tie-in items that are actually reskins) is theoretically obtainable for free through random crafting/drops.
Old 28th Apr 2011, 17:33   #19
faugusztin

Quote:
Clearly you've not explored the game then.
In game you can pay for additional hat's, gestures, skins and stuff for the multi-player bots, Atlas and P-body
You can buy hats and stuff in TF2. At same time they provide free updates to the games, which you can consider as DLC - new maps, new game styles (KOTH), new items...

In other words - the chance of Portal DLC being paid on PC is zero. Of course on XBOX you will have to pay thanks to MS politics, but who cares about XBOX, right ?
Old 28th Apr 2011, 19:58   #20
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love Valves way of working. The give away all the stuff I care about for free, and change for a bunch of things that I don't want or need such as hats and costumes. And besides, I still get to see all that content and I don't mind if my character that I can't see looks different or not
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote