[User-Review] Alphacool CapeCora HF 1042 im Cartago´s Review

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by cartago2202, 2 May 2011.

1. cartago2202

cartago2202 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Alphacool Cape Cora HF 1042 im Cartago´s Review

Testobjekt: Alphacool Cape Cora HF 1042
    Tester: Peter Werstler aka Cartago2202
    Hersteller und Sponsor: Alphacool
    Preis: €116,99 exkl.

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to the new Review of Cartago2202!

In the current review, the passive radiator Cape Cora HF 1042 W3520 is the challenge of a Xeon with 4GHz at around 1.26 V and cool the Asus Rampage Extreme III Board completely passive.

Radiator im Detail:

The new Cape Cora HF 1042 would be compared to its predecessors only in minor but crucial change points.
    Thus, a new plug-in system would be developed, which is with extensions to other modules very helpful. It would be two O-rings taken to ensure the utmost. But the best because the flow resistance in comparison to its predecessor, was significantly increased.
    This modular design allows, depending on how many and which components have been installed, the size and adjust the cooling power requirements.
    The changes in the internal structure was also the cooling capacity of the individual modules can be increased, doing so, the developers simple principle "more cooling surface, more cooling performance, " and changed the internal structure in order to reach more surface area, thus the coolant more heat to the Modules make.

[​IMG]

This, easy plug in the delivery system and the U-brackets thus allow easy expansion of the basic modules, both with each other and through individual expansion modules.
    The Cape Cora can be designed so that it is mounted on the side wall of the housing, the mounting holes are available and delivery to include the appropriate mounting screws.
    The workmanship is excellent, only the somewhat sharp edges of the profiles tarnish the positive impression.

Of course provides Alphacool the radiators in various sizes
    and here you can see the whole list:

Alphacool - CPU Khlung und Wasserkhlung sowie PC-Cooling und Silent-PC Artikel von Alphacool - Passive Radiatoren

Together with the right accessories:

Alphacool - CPU Khlung und Wasserkhlung sowie PC-Cooling und Silent-PC Artikel von Alphacool - Radiatoren Zubehr

Now we do let the images speak for themselves:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Technische Details:

Farbe: Silber eloxiert
    Material: Aluminium
    Abmessungen (mit Verbinder) (L x B x H): 50 x 470 x 483mm
    Anschlussgröße (nicht bei Erweiterungsmodul): 1/4Zoll
    ROHS conform

Lieferumfang:

10x Kühlrippe inkl. Verbinder
    Montageschrauben
    Montageanleitung (deutsch, englisch und französisch)

Testsystem und Testablauf:

CPU: Intel Xeon W3520 übertaktet auf 4GHz bei 1,25V-1,26V
    Board: Asus Rampage III Extreme mit EK WaterBlock Fullcover Kühler
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3x4GB
    Grafik: PowerColor HD6950
    Netzteil: be-quiet! P9 850W
    Case: CoolerMaster HAF-X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Were cooled, the processor and the board. I tested the program would Prime95 in the setting "In-place Large FFTs.
    The program ran until the water temperature no longer rose. The room temperature was 22 ° C at test start and climbed in the period to 25.5 ° C. After 15 minutes the water reached its maximum temperature, and no longer continued to rise,
    what I was actually quite surprised that it went so fast. After few more minutes I made this screen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, the water temperature hovered at around 40 ° C by the Loop1 the initial temperature and loop2 is the inlet temperature. The pump was running at 60% of which with a capacity of around 85L/Std. led, a later increase in power to 100% (135L/Std.) did not improve the temperature up.

Fazit:

Wow, wow, wow

With all respect, has the radiator to cool, to my great surprise, made the system entirely passive.
    Although the temperatures scratching my personal limits, but are still safe. If the cooling capacity is sufficient for the summer, I like here now to doubt but with a large fan,
    blowing on the radiator or with an additional radiator, which is actively cooled, it will be enough anyway. Here are my impressions in "Pro and Contra"

Pros:
    Cooling capacity
    Modular
    Extensibility
    Processing
    Price

Cons:

Sharp corners of the cooling modules

The excellent cooling performance improves as the Alphacool Cape Cora HF 1042 the coveted "Cartago's Review HOT Award

[​IMG]

Acknowledgments:
    Mein Dank geht an die Firma Alphacool für die Bereitstellung des Testsamples und die Firmen Aquatuning und Phobya für die Bereitstellung weitere Komponenten für dieses Review.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Loving google translate :p

I've always been curious about these, so it's good to see a review :)