bit-tech.net

Old 6th May 2011, 10:41   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Roccat Kulo Review

Roccat's Kulo headset is compact and has a long specs list but is it any good?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...-kulo-review/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 10:45   #2
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Have to be honest as the quality of the Roccat usually looks top but this headset besides the ear pieces looks absolute rubbish
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:32   #3
Sentinel-R1
Morse Monkey

Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.Sentinel-R1 is definitely a rep cheat.
One of the lads here has the Kone mouse and the keyboard with twelthtyeight million buttons on (whatever it's called)... and I do like them both, although a little overkill if you ask me. Good quality though.

I was looking forward to this review but now, not so excited about Roccat stuff any more. Seem like just another peripheral company pumping out products with little thought to ergonomics and performance since the success of their first few products.
28" HannsG HZ281 | 19" Samsung Syncmaster 971P | K70 | MS Sidewinder | Steelseries Siberia v2 White | Corsair HS1
Sentinel-R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:51   #4
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
I think that these earphones will not do very well in the italian market...Kulo (culo same sound) means ass...
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:54   #5
Bad_cancer
Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Bad_cancer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva
I think that these earphones will not do very well in the italian market...Kulo (culo same sound) means ass...
How appropriate....

Q9550 | Evga 790i ultra sli | 4gb Ram | 2x Gtx460 (1gb) | 1Tb storage | Icute titanium 750w |
Cold lava~MOTM Nominee May 2010.
Bad_cancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 11:55   #6
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
LOL so i guess not a good start for these headsets then
Old 6th May 2011, 13:30   #7
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
BAD roccat! though I still may invest in there little wireless mouse
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 17:06   #8
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In italian and spanish markets, as it sound both means ass! So you have really an ass on your head =D

The new keyboard has an awful name too... It's Isku. It looks gorgeous and promising but in portuguese is like saying isco which means bait. Hope the product's quality can make forgetting the name
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 20:31   #9
Kenny_McCormick
Supermodder

Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva
Same here in Spain.
Old 6th May 2011, 21:01   #10
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
Oh man seriously tech industry needs to star promoting their products with diferent names for each market LOL...

...KULO, and on top of this, like bit-tech concluded "no sirve pa un culo" LOL
Old 6th May 2011, 23:57   #11
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
I've noticed a trend of more and more of these "gaming headsets" being released lately, usually all in the same price range. Problem is that most of them are probably twice as much as what they're worth, and you can get far-better sounding headphones for the money if you ditch the gaming branding. I would really like to see a more objective evaluation between these gaming headsets and higher-quality headphones in the same price range, with detailed analysis of the character and detail in their sound, etc. I am genuinely curious how some of these match up to even a cheap pair of Sennheisers, AKGs etc., but I suspect the answer is "not at all" as every one I've tried in the past has sounded like, frankly, garbage compared to anything but earbuds.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 13:21   #12
Dedlite
Modder

Dedlite has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to say, I wasn't impressed by this review (not the headset itself).

The Kolu is one of the first surround (7.1) headsets to be powered/connect via USB, and details like these do matter quite a lot when reviewing these, as purchase decisions will/should be made on a review. Must do better, Antony!
Dedlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 13:30   #13
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

The logitech g35 came out a year ago with the setup if I'm correct

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Old 7th May 2011, 13:50   #14
Dedlite
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet
The logitech g35 came out a year ago with the setup if I'm correct

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
You are right, Sir.

I'm suppose what I'm getting at is a lot of other headsets connect to your sound card via 3.5mm jacks - a USB headset such as the Kulo use their own 'soundcards' built in, and so the quality of the sound can deped on said sound card and not the cans themselves.
Old 8th May 2011, 14:49   #15
Eriol
What's a Dremel?

Eriol has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
FYI, the names Roccat uses for their products are Finnish (even though the firm is German I believe?). Kulo is an old word for fire/burning, though it's not in normal use anymore.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 14:53   #16
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlite

The Kolu is one of the first surround (7.1) headsets to be powered/connect via USB, and details like these do matter quite a lot when reviewing these, as purchase decisions will/should be made on a review. Must do better, Antony!
1) It's Kulo, not Kolu
2) This is a stereo headset
3) USB-surround headsets have been out for quite a while

And I'm not impressed by them, either (have a set somewhere in here).
Old 8th May 2011, 14:57   #17
MadCatMk2
What's a Dremel?

MadCatMk2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kulo means crippled in greek. :|
And no thanks, not getting a 5.1 "gaming" headset for any reason.
MadCatMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 15:26   #18
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Razer Ass or Razer Cripple. I think they failed big time here.

"Buy this, put an ass on your head!"

Quit chopping up the locals to make tools.-Cheapskate
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 17:22   #19
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack
Razer Ass or Razer Cripple. I think they failed big time here.

"Buy this, put an ass on your head!"
Roccat, not Razer.

Just for reference, in Finnish the Roccat products are:
Kulo - forest fire (small one, IMO)
Vire - tune (in the state of mind-sorta way)
Taito - skill
Arvo - value/rank, depending..
Kova - hard
Kone - machine
Apuri - helper
etc.. Really if a manufacturer is global and has so damn many products it's hard for atleast one of them NOT to mean something offensive/stupid in some language.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:54   #20
Dedlite
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlite

1) It's Kulo, not Kolu
2) This is a stereo headset
3) USB-surround headsets have been out for quite a while

And I'm not impressed by them, either (have a set somewhere in here).
1) Clever. I got two letters the wrong way round. Big deal.
2) Wrong - website describes the Kulo as a 'premium 7.1 surround sound'
3) Duh! I know this.